By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo must be wiping away tears with $100 bills and sales reports wondering why 3rd parties don't like them.

Like it's a goid thing 3rd parties don't like them regardless of sales.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Time makes more converts than reason.

Can't really be helped when reason has the bad habit of being late.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

SpokenTruth said:
bigtakilla said:

Like it's a goid thing 3rd parties don't like them regardless of sales.

Like it's a going thing that haters want Nintendo to join 3rd parties regardless of sales.

As far as how much they'd make from their IPs on multiple systems, it would be a gord thing.

Well, this thread sure aged like milk.

I love looking back on old threads. 🤣

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

This thread is putrid now but it was even bad when it was posted.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

PAOerfulone said:
Well, this thread sure aged like milk.

The OP and premise definitely aged very badly. The thread as a whole however, could also have aged like good wine depending on how you wanna see it. Always funny to read those old predictions and the like when the opposite happens...

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 June 2020

I came here to laugh at the OP. Hahahahahah.

Man, all the threads we had in late 2016 / early 2017 about Nintendo being doomed. The best thing about this particular thread is how many people said Nintendo should go third party so their games can release on "superior" hardware. If someone defines "superior" as beefier specs I respect that position, but so many people were blindly focusing on power and totally forgot everything else: The Switch is a hybrid system with controllers perfectly designed for multiplayer and uses cards instead of discs. That, to me personally, makes the Switch the "superior" hardware. Not everyone wants to play 4K single-player games on the couch. 

Nintendo went from their worst generation at the time (Gamecube) to their best generation ever (Wii). They went from their best generation for both consoles and handhelds to their worst generation ever. They have bounced back big time with the Switch. Even if Nintendo has another terrible generation, they have proven that they can bounce back from that in a big way. Even if Switch's successor sells worse than Wii U, Nintendo should NEVER go third party IMO.

1doesnotsimply