By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Yes, I did glanced over your reply. And I'm glancing over this one as well.

I will just remind you of the argument that you had with pokoko not so long ago.

Which I already knew that it was what you were refering to in the first place. He claimed that dual analog revolutionized gameplay and I disagreed. Movement and camera control in a 3D space was already established on the Nintendo 64 for both third person and first person games.

But you say that the SNES revolutionized with its shoulder buttons, but buttons as a mean for input were already established long before those... So... Which one is it?

Dual Analog was a revolution because it changed the input method for camera controls. Not because it allowed camera control itself. The same way the shoulder buttons improved input method by allowing two more fingers access to new buttons.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

But you say that the SNES revolutionized with its shoulder buttons, but buttons as a mean for input were already established long before those... So... Which one is it?

Dual Analog was a revolution because it changed the input method for camera controls. Not because it allowed camera control itself. The same way the shoulder buttons improved input method by allowing two more fingers access to new buttons.

Shoulder buttons enabled new gameplay. For example, what would Mario Kart play like without shoulder buttons? It wouldn't be anywhere close to the same. Shoulder buttons are a big deal because they allow the player to comfortably press a combination of buttons. If you reduced controllers to face buttons-only, you'd run into severe problems for pretty much any game that uses shoulder buttons for fast action-based gameplay.

Dual analog did no such thing. Or can you name a game that achieved something that Super Mario 64 and Turok didn't already do? Also, employ the same throught process as in the above paragraph; if we go back from dual analog to the N64's setup of one stick and C-buttons, do games become a lot harder to play, to the point that they would be near unplayable?

I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Have you never heard of an FPS?

Barkley said:
RolStoppable said:

Shoulder buttons enabled new gameplay. For example, what would Mario Kart play like without shoulder buttons? It wouldn't be anywhere close to the same. Shoulder buttons are a big deal because they allow the player to comfortably press a combination of buttons. If you reduced controllers to face buttons-only, you'd run into severe problems for pretty much any game that uses shoulder buttons for fast action-based gameplay.

Dual analog did no such thing. Or can you name a game that achieved something that Super Mario 64 and Turok didn't already do? Also, employ the same throught process as in the above paragraph; if we go back from dual analog to the N64's setup of one stick and C-buttons, do games become a lot harder to play, to the point that they would be near unplayable?

I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Have you never heard of GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark?

StarDoor said:
Barkley said:

I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Have you never heard of GoldenEye 007 or Perfect Dark?

Sure have, played them too. Really emphasises the huge leap in gameplay experiences dual analogue brings.  Rol says "What would Mario Kart be without shoulder buttons." Well what would Halo be without dual analog?

SpokenTruth said:
Barkley said:

Sure have, played them too. Really emphasises the huge leap in gameplay experiences dual analogue brings.  Rol says "What would Mario Kart be without shoulder buttons." Well what would Halo be without dual analog?

Ever play a FPS on Wii?

Wii came before dual analogue? Damn!

Around the Network

Another joke thread here, I think I should make one for Microsoft.

SpokenTruth said:
Barkley said:

Wii came before dual analogue? Damn!

Point missed.

No, you just made a point that makes no sense to the current discussion. Did dual analogue enable new gameplay? "Wii" is not a valid answer.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Pretty much the same thing. I mean, PCs still haven't moved on from using the WASD keys for movement. That's telling how unimportant analog is for movement.

Hmmm it's a shame a controller doesn't have WASD then.

WASD is pretty great to use on PC, you have 3 fingers on your left hand over those buttons as you play, on a controller all you've got is a thumb, hence the stick.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Hmmm it's a shame a controller doesn't have WASD then.

WASD is pretty great to use on PC, you have 3 fingers on your left hand over those buttons as you play, on a controller all you've got is a thumb, hence the stick.

C-buttons. The thumb can effortlessly press two of them at once.

Aiming is clunky, slow and imprecise with this kind of setup. The right analog stick adresses that.

iNathan said:
Another joke thread here, I think I should make one for Microsoft.

I don't recommend you to do that. Some will use it as the perfect oportunity to shit on MS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile