By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Nintendo Switch will sell less than the Wii U...

Will it sell less than the Wii U?

Yes. This thing is looking to be a flop 133 17.85%

No, but it'll still sell like shit 229 30.74%

No, it'll sell very well... 323 43.36%

It'll outsell the PS4 an... 60 8.05%

Total:745
barneystinson69 said:

I'm calling it, after all the crap Nintendo pulled off yesterday, I'm calling it. $300 for a console that is weaker than the XB1 and PS4; doesn't have a decent launch lineup (4 games so far?), has overpriced accessories, has only 32GB of storage; demands that you pay for using their "online" service, and the stupid ass gimicks. I mean really, did they think this thing would be a hit? I mean look, 80 3rd party games in development... but we hear nothing about those games. Probably because there is no guarentee they'll even be coming. Just look at what EA did as an example: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224568&page=7#1

So yeah, "unprecidented" support indeed. And why are you launching this in march if you DON'T HAVE THE GAMES! Look, I expect a strong first month. And then everyone will be so happy because it didn't flop. Then the second month comes, and it'll almost certainly crash down into flames. The only thing saving this thing from this is a 70-80$ price cut, and I just don't see it happening. Nintendo, what have you done...

I agree with nearly everything you said. I predicted poorer sales than Wii U last night. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
I'm getting so fucking sick of threads like this one.

This is one of the best threads I've seen, in my opinion. It reflects my thoughts almost exactly.

No, but it'll still sell like shit.

It may sell more than Wii U while cannibalizing the 3DS business. Overall Nintendo's revenues will be in ruins.

My 8th gen collection

It really depends on how horrible the LTD sales are after summer and if Nintendo reacts accordingly. If it has less than 3-4 million sold (maybe even 5) after summer, and there's no price cut, expect to see a handheld console releasing shortly.

CaptainExplosion said:
I'm getting so fucking sick of threads like this one.

Around the Network

Pokemon alone will make sure that doesn't happen. It will do N64 type numbers probably

Depends on price. If it holds at $300 it may struggle to get 20 million, but if it gets under $200 I could see it selling quite a bit more, 50-60 million with it being a huge success in Japan.

It will sell better.

I think it would be a slow burner. Price is awful now, but once it gets a price cut and more games start to come to the system, I think it would be pretty sucessful.

RolStoppable said:
barney, when you make a Nintendo thread, think before you hit the submit button.

LOL

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).