By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I really liked the Switch presentation.

bananaking21 said:
JWeinCom said:

I really like those gimmicks.  There are lots of games like Horizon.  There are no games like Arms.  If you'd prefer Horizon, feel free to go that route though.

there are games like The fight on PS3 and that fighting game on Kinect if you are talking about motion control melee games. there are melee games like absolver if you are looking for the same genre, but not motion controlled. 

the reason there are a lot of games like Horizon/Dragon age and so on is because ther is demand, its what consumers want. you dont see major publishers release games like Arms simply because they have no real appeal to the market. im not saying that automatically makes a game bad. it can very well be a good game. but if these gimmicks have no appeal, then maybe nintendo should focus more on what gamers want, then make these kind of games. 

There are games that share some vague similarity, but games like the fight are ultimately not very similar to Arms.  Very different control, premise, art style, etc.

Nintendo games sell really well, so obviously the demand is there.  Even on the Wii's small install base, they sold well.  Maybe you just want Nintendo to focus on what you want, but others want different things.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

"Personally, I was looking for something very Nintendo, and that's what I got."

what does "very nintendo" actually mean. i keep seeing people say that, but what does that actually mean? everytime i see people use that it feels like they use it do describe when nintendo uses these quirky dumb gimmicks that they keep insisting on putting in their hardware and games. 

"Very Nintendo" means different, creative, fearless, and sometimes silly as well.

And, you know, those "dumb gimmicks" are actually fundamental to some games like Skyward Sword and Pikmin 3. They help adding new things to the mix on most ocasions, even if sometimes the execution ends up failing like it did on Wii U. But if it wasn't for "dumb gimmicks" like the d-pad, or the analog stick on N64, or the rumble, or even the motion controls on Wii, you wouldn't be playing all of your lovely games on Playstation as they are now. Take a deep breath and rethink your prejudice.

Bye.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Mar1217 said:
superchunk said:
No.

Boring.
No personality.
No games.

Worst show they have ever done.

This is going to sell less than WiiU.

Was that sarcasm ? Feels like it.

Nope. 100% serious. Absolute worst.

That's good you liked it. I liked the 2nd half, but the 1st half I just found to be so bad. They started bad with a bad price and paid online services, but the games made up for it. Also, some parts of the 1st were kinda cringy. There were moments where I just wanted to look away, or just stop watching...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Wii U seems more Nintendo then Switch to me atm.

I do not believe that is a good thing, but right now my priorities for a new console is Wii U>Switch.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

That, we shall at E3, I'm pretty sure they kept a lot of stuff from us.

Ha! Nintendo fans have been saying that for a long while.

Switch Reveal Trailer - Only two new games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

3DS Direct - Just asset re-use 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

E3 2016 - Just two 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

Holiday 2015 Direct - Just an unnecessary remake, but surely they kept stuff stuff from us.

E3 2015 - Just two crap Wii U games and asset re-use 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

Guys, Nintendo never intended to show us EVERY game they are working on, so please stop expecting that! They never said that. It's you who lost reality!

This presentation wanted to illustrate how Switch works and what you could do with it. It's an elaboration of the trailer from october. Besides, no company will ever show you all projects they are working on, no matter how far they are. I can't understand having this expectation for Nintendo in the first place.

I was watching a Nintendo fan dude on YouTube reacting to the show. He was super hyped the console being $299 and jizzing about having to pay for online. I guess when you're a big fan even bad news sounds good.  https://youtu.be/Cgj55bTwB3w?t=1218

My 8th gen collection

Mar1217 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Ha! Nintendo fans have been saying that for a long while.

Switch Reveal Trailer - Only two new games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

3DS Direct - Just asset re-use 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

E3 2016 - Just two 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

Holiday 2015 Direct - Just an unnecessary remake, but surely they kept stuff stuff from us.

E3 2015 - Just two crap Wii U games and asset re-use 3DS games, but surely they kept stuff from us.

- Rabbids x Mario RPG

- New IP from Retro Studio

- Whatever Intelligent System and AlphaDream are doing right now ( Fire Emblem game + Mario & Luigi)

- Beyond Good & Evil Reboot teaser

- The rumored New Metroid game

- Mother 3 in North America

- Capcom (Monster Hunter,Ace Attorney, etc ...)

- Pikmin 4

- The highly probable new Animal Crossing for Switch

- Port of Super Smash Bros on the Switch

Remember when they talked about these 80 games being in developpement for the Switch ? They revealed approximatively half of them.

Nothing from your list have been revealed, heck most of it is just rumors and assumptions. Not sure what that has to do with my point anyway.

Seriously? I'll let the gifs talk.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5