By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I really liked the Switch presentation.

bananaking21 said:

"Personally, I was looking for something very Nintendo, and that's what I got."

what does "very nintendo" actually mean. i keep seeing people say that, but what does that actually mean? everytime i see people use that it feels like they use it do describe when nintendo uses these quirky dumb gimmicks that they keep insisting on putting in their hardware and games. 

I really like those gimmicks.  There are lots of games like Horizon.  There are no games like Arms.  If you'd prefer Horizon, feel free to go that route though.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
bananaking21 said:

what does "very nintendo" actually mean. i keep seeing people say that, but what does that actually mean? everytime i see people use that it feels like they use it do describe when nintendo uses these quirky dumb gimmicks that they keep insisting on putting in their hardware and games. 

I really like those gimmicks.  There are lots of games like Horizon.  There are no games like Arms.  If you'd prefer Horizon, feel free to go that route though.

You can play Fighter Within on the XBO, and look how that turned out.

bananaking21 said:

Nintendo isn’t one simple element of an overall gaming industry. I really think there needs to be a Nintendo genre, that’s almost its own entity.

~Myamoto

snyps said:
Good points on the presentation. I felt the same about the Zelda finally convincing me. I really hope that the voice acting gets translated to english.

Wasn't the trailer in English?  I dunno if it was at the actual presentation, but there is definitely an English trailer up.

VGPolyglot said:
I wasn't looking for an experience like the PS4/XBO, I was looking for a good amount of games at launch that made up for the 2 years of nothingness that the Wii U had, and it seems like the time lost just went in a vacuum.

Yeah, like I said, I wanted to see more titles.  There's an ok amount of titles for the year, but not enough to make up for their low output.  Maybe there's more at E3.  But, I did really like what was shown.

VGPolyglot said:
JWeinCom said:

You can play Fighter Within on the XBO, and look how that turned out.

I thought the idea that good gimmicks weren't inherently good was implied... 

Around the Network
snyps said:
bananaking21 said:

Nintendo isn’t one simple element of an overall gaming industry. I really think there needs to be a Nintendo genre, that’s almost its own entity.

~Myamoto

Just because Miyamoto says it doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel. He's the same person who ruined Sticker Star, initially rejected Super Smash Bros. and wanted GoldenEye to end with Bond meeting everyone at the hospital.

JWeinCom said:
snyps said:
Good points on the presentation. I felt the same about the Zelda finally convincing me. I really hope that the voice acting gets translated to english.

Wasn't the trailer in English?  I dunno if it was at the actual presentation, but there is definitely an English trailer up.

Phew!

Yeah, the presentation's was all japanese

snyps said:

It is. I already have for example, the trailer with latin spanish va, and I believe there's also german.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I liked the presentation, too. There are already more games I'm interested in to buy on the Switch than on the other two consoles, and Switch is not even released yet.

I know it sounds like I hated the presentation...and in some capacity I did... but I am excited for Zelda and have pre ordered everything I need in March. But some things that Nintendo is doing is legit scaring the hell out of me.