By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I really liked the Switch presentation.

If you look past these forums which are quite anti-Nintendo, you'll see on sites like Youtube and Facebook, where the general consensus can be found, that the Switch and it's presentation received an overwhelmingly positive response. Look at the like-dislike ratio on the stream and other videos uploaded as well as the comments as examples. The presentation was to the point, creative, and showcased at least 5 strong titles, and the hardware was showcased very nicely. Almost all major needed information was shared. Anyone saying it was less than decent were looking for negative things from the start, no matter how microscopic. Also, how can anyone expect a console+handheld hybrid, which has gotten a much better response from consumers and developers, has been marketed perfectly, and has stronger games launching within the first year, to achieve anything close in terms of failure as the Wii U did? Especially if it's guaranteed minimum the support the 3ds got? To me it sounds like people that had no inclination to ever buy a Nintendo console are continually bashing the Switch because they're afraid it might actually compete with their preferred console, and because it might somehow enter their social realm at some point (i.e. friends or relatives buying it). Quite pathetic, this coming from someone who hated the Wii, Wii U, and DS line of systems, and who also owned PS2, PS3, and briefly the PS4, and who currently games on PC.

Around the Network
L_ said:

I liked it, a lot of people are being too quick to judge. There are years worth of brand new Nintendo games coming to this thing and that's what gets me most hyped. I don't blame anyone for not being sold yet, its only the first game announcement of the year plenty is coming down the line, its just the ignorant fan boys who love to put down Nintendo that bug me. There is a difference between genuine criticism based on actual facts than just being a troll.

It's our fault that we're too quick to judge? It was Nintendo's job to attract us, if they failed it's on them.

The Switch may have the worst launch line up ever of any Nintendo console, it is that bad. Also worried about third party support since Skyrim, Steep and Rayman are basically completed games and yet not releasing for a few months after launch. This might indicate some development issues or Nintendo sold dev-kits until recently (even to big companies like Bethesda and Ubisoft). They didn't show much games to begin with, of which most were (full-priced) remakes or cheap indie-games, and the new games haven't even start development (Shin Megami Tensei, No More Heroes) so we can wait for 2-3 more years until we hear more of them. Xenoblade 2 looked uglier than X. Controller prices are outragious, also minigames are like 50-60 dollars (1,2 Switch and ARMS). Paying for online gaming. Still no news on what Retro has been working on. No Pikmin 4 indicates Pikmin 3DS is indeed the Pikmin Miyamoto was talking about.

Switch is the first Nintendo console I will skip at launch. 2-3 years in the future it will have a massive price cut with a game bundled.

snyps said:
bananaking21 said:

"Personally, I was looking for something very Nintendo, and that's what I got."

what does "very nintendo" actually mean. i keep seeing people say that, but what does that actually mean? everytime i see people use that it feels like they use it do describe when nintendo uses these quirky dumb gimmicks that they keep insisting on putting in their hardware and games. 

Nintendo isn’t one simple element of an overall gaming industry. I really think there needs to be a Nintendo genre, that’s almost its own entity.

~Myamoto

wow.... just... wow... its almost amazing how far nintendo and specially myamoto have their heads so far up their ass

I loved it.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
bananaking21 said:

"Personally, I was looking for something very Nintendo, and that's what I got."

what does "very nintendo" actually mean. i keep seeing people say that, but what does that actually mean? everytime i see people use that it feels like they use it do describe when nintendo uses these quirky dumb gimmicks that they keep insisting on putting in their hardware and games. 

I really like those gimmicks.  There are lots of games like Horizon.  There are no games like Arms.  If you'd prefer Horizon, feel free to go that route though.

there are games like The fight on PS3 and that fighting game on Kinect if you are talking about motion control melee games. there are melee games like absolver if you are looking for the same genre, but not motion controlled. 

the reason there are a lot of games like Horizon/Dragon age and so on is because ther is demand, its what consumers want. you dont see major publishers release games like Arms simply because they have no real appeal to the market. im not saying that automatically makes a game bad. it can very well be a good game. but if these gimmicks have no appeal, then maybe nintendo should focus more on what gamers want, then make these kind of games. 

There were good parts mixed with bad, but I didn't feel the overall presentation was very strong, or at least the decisions for price among other things..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bananaking21 said:
snyps said:

Nintendo isn’t one simple element of an overall gaming industry. I really think there needs to be a Nintendo genre, that’s almost its own entity.

~Myamoto

wow.... just... wow... its almost amazing how far nintendo and specially myamoto have their heads so far up their ass

How so do you mean. Like, are you interpreting, being unique, as being an ass hat? Or do you mean they would have better sales if they were more like a brick in the wall? 

Anyway, you asked what does "Very Nintendo" mean. and it means being unique and true to itself.. family friendly fun that blazes it's own trail. Sorry if the qoute misrepresented that. But I hope you see what I'm trying to convey.

VGPolyglot said:
I wasn't looking for an experience like the PS4/XBO, I was looking for a good amount of games at launch that made up for the 2 years of nothingness that the Wii U had, and it seems like the time lost just went in a vacuum.

this. what have Nintendo been doing the last two years? what the hell have their dev teams been working on? essentially all we have announced/confirmed that's big from Nintendo is Zelda and the Mario Oddysey game. 

its shocking. You'd think in the lazy Wii U time the last year or two they would have been working on tons of Switch projects. seemingly not. Or Nintendo just hasn't learned from the Wii U at all and genuiinely thinks that they can get away with hardly any big releases.

Note: I frankly don't count a Mario Kart remaster and a Splatoon with a few new features as 'big' new titles at all

I have more excitement of it than the Wii U.
- Arms is looking Fun!
- Splatoon 2!
- Mario Odyssey!
- Fire Emblem Warriors!
- Bomberman!
- and of course ZELDA!

Pocky Lover Boy!