By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I really liked the Switch presentation.

snyps said:
JWeinCom said:

Wasn't the trailer in English?  I dunno if it was at the actual presentation, but there is definitely an English trailer up.

Phew!

Yeah, the presentation's was all japanese

Zelda's English voice is weird to me.  Not bad, just not how it was in my mind.  It'll take some getting used to.

Around the Network

Most of the critics are legit concerns. How can you defend a handheld with such pathetic battery life and storage? And why is it wrong to ask for more games from a gaming console? Most ppl dont even ask for big aaa games. Where is aa? Ac? Fe? Mh? Layton? You knw, games that make nintendo a nintendo. For such "unified library", the amt of games we're getting is pathetic.

VGPolyglot said:
snyps said:

Nintendo isn’t one simple element of an overall gaming industry. I really think there needs to be a Nintendo genre, that’s almost its own entity.

~Myamoto

Just because Miyamoto says it doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel. He's the same person who ruined Sticker Star, initially rejected Super Smash Bros. and wanted GoldenEye to end with Bond meeting everyone at the hospital.

Didn't mean to make it sound like gospel. It's an answer to the qouted question, "what does Very Nintendo mean?". According to Myamoto, it means in a genre by itself.

The presentation itself was nice imo. It was fast; a lot of ganes were presented in a short time. On the other hand, they focused for way too long on the wrong stuff (Joycons, Arms, 1 2 Switch). And people dont seem to realise they took, what? 20 minutes of the show focused on 3rd parties? That's really good.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Worst thing about the presentation were the doped up translators which were dragged from a funeralhome, cemetery or crematorium. My good God these made it way worse than necessary. Also a total lack of public reaction from the auditorium created an “off” feel.

As for the games presented and/or announced to come later and a few devs has me interested

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

The presentation itself was nice imo. It was fast, and a lot of stuff was presented in short time. On the other hand, they focused for way too long on the wrong stuff (Joycons, Arms, 1 2 Switch). And people dont seem to realise they took, what? 20 minutes of the show focused on 3rd parties? That's really good.

To play devil's advocate, out of those 20 third party minutes, not a ton was shown off.  The fact that Sega and Suda 51 didn't have anything major to show off is a bit disconcerting.  You'd think they'd have devs with actual in progress games to show off.

m_csquare said:
Most of the critics are legit concerns. How can you defend a handheld with such pathetic battery life and storage? And why is it wrong to ask for more games from a gaming console? Most ppl dont even ask for big aaa games. Where is aa? Ac? Fe? Mh? Layton? You knw, games that make nintendo a nintendo. For such "unified library", the amt of games we're getting is pathetic.

They didn't show all the games, so I'm going to wait till E3 to say more about that.  And, 32GB is actually the most storage yet for a handheld.

As for the rest of that, I'm not defedning that.  But, for me, the positives outweigh the negatives.  

m_csquare said:

the majority you've mentioned are third party so you'd have to ask the third party devs :P. Though we already have Lady Layton and MHXX coming soon so developing for the switch will have to wait for those series and Ace Attorney just had another game come out last year and the sequel to the Great Ace Attorney is currently being developed for the 3DS already so you can't just halt production just to get it out on switch. As for FE, Fates just came out last year and there will be a Warriors game coming this year (or planned to). You won't see the whole "unified library" day one or year one. We don't know what Retro is up to, nor Platinum Games (outside of Nior), nor Next Level, nor Sakurai, nor Good Feeld, etc. Again, what appeared to have brought the hype to the PS4 was not just the E3 presentation that owned the Xbone's policies, but the promise for more with KH3, FFXV, etc. Heck E3 2015 might've also been considered one. So far UC4 and Last Guardian are the big profile games that released last year and Shenmue 3 and FFVIIR are still in development. All I'm saying is everything hasn't been said about the ALL of the games coming/planning to come to the Switch.

I liked it, a lot of people are being too quick to judge. There are years worth of brand new Nintendo games coming to this thing and that's what gets me most hyped. I don't blame anyone for not being sold yet, its only the first game announcement of the year plenty is coming down the line, its just the ignorant fan boys who love to put down Nintendo that bug me. There is a difference between genuine criticism based on actual facts than just being a troll.

JWeinCom said:

Seems like a lot of the reaction to the Switch presentation was negative around here, which may actually be a good sign. 

Nah. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!