By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Emily Rogers and Eurogamer were creating fake news and fake rumors?

jason1637 said:
StarOcean said:
Told you all that she was full of shit. No one believed me

Not all. She got many things right like hybrid, Voice acting, etc.

Broken clocks right twice a day.

Around the Network
NATO said:
jason1637 said:

Not all. She got many things right like hybrid, Voice acting, etc.

It's also ignoring the fact that almost everyone was predicting a hybrid console.

Lucas-Rio said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Firstly Link?

Secondly, there is a difference between an employee working for the company and the company posting something. If Emily does work for Eurogamer but Eurogamer doesn't actually write articles about her so called "leaks," then are tweets from Emily are not representative of Eurogamer...

She does represent them even if she posts it on her Twitter. And Eurogamers were publishing other rumors that were not confirmed as well.

True, this is the same thing like that girl who twittered weird, private stuff and Nintendo fired her because of the bad PR she brought with her, you remember?

jonathanalis said:
well, i dont thing emily was forging rumors, just missinterpreting.
Maybe she could interpreted zelda as a famale link(both are on blue, and zelda kinda seems the famale version of link).
She said that seems that mario was more polished than zelda and would probablier be at launch than zelda. Just her interpretation of polishment.
Maybe BG&E and pokemon can be on switch afterwards. Seem as working title cold led she to interpret nintendo would show them at 13 jan...

But then she shouldn't claim herself to be an insider but instead a good guesser.

Just how rumors go, they get some right, they get some wrong.. which is why I don't really believe in rumors anyways

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
NATO said:

It's also ignoring the fact that almost everyone was predicting a hybrid console.

She was the first one to say its a hybrid.

jason1637 said:
VGPolyglot said:

She was the first one to say its a hybrid.

People were speculating that on neogaf, 4chan and Reddit since the day NX was mentioned.

Who started the Mario Rabbit RPG rumeeer?

Kuksenkov said:
Eurogamer is overrated AF to be honest. I'm glad the got some things wrong (maybe they were right and Nintendo decided to make those announcements at a later date?). Hopefully their reputation takes a hit tbh. I couldn't understand people taking their rumors for GRANTED, because "its Eurogamer". Bitch I'm Amerigamer and can make up rumors too, stfu.

That comment only shows how ignorant you are of Eurogamer and digital foundry's track record especially on their hardware analysis. 

There's a reason why they are taken seriously in this industry and I call bullshit on the OP's claim they were making fake news and rumors. Just because the truth might not be to someone's liking, it doesn't make it fake.

Amerigamer.... Lol

Turkish said:
Who started the Mario Rabbit RPG rumeeer?

From a french video gaming website "Game Blog".

On another hand, the whole female Link thing could be explained by Zelda being playable at least to some degree. She looks strikingly similar to Link, which could explain the misconceptions about there being a "female Link".

But there are still things the leakers like Laura Kate Dale (for example), got wrong. 250 dollar price tag (though she was assuming this and guessing on her own), Skyrim on launch, March 17th release date and Zelda being possibly delayed in Europe. There's probably more I forgot to cover.

But I don't think Eurogamer's leak about the clock speeds was necessarily wrong though, just that people had the misconception that they confirmed the Venture Beat rumor, which they didn't, as shown by these claims (from the article);

"There's an additional wrinkle to the story too, albeit one we should treat with caution as it is single-source in nature with a lot of additional speculation on our part. This relates to the idea that the Tegra X1 in the NX development hardware is apparently actively cooled, with audible fan noise. With that in mind, we can't help but wonder whether X1 is the final hardware we'll see in the NX. Could it actually be a placeholder for Tegra X2?"

"While we're confident that our reporting on Switch's clock-speeds is accurate, all of the questions we have concerning the leaked spec remain unanswered.... Performance at lower clocks could be boosted by a larger GPU (ie more CUDA cores), but this seems unlikely - even if Switch is using newer 16nm technology, actual transistor density isn't that different to Tegra X1's 20nm process - it's the FinFET '3D' transistors that make the difference. A larger GPU would result in a more expensive chip too, with only limited performance gains. And if Switch is using a more modern 16nm Tegra chip, we would expect Nintendo to follow Nvidia's lead in how the new process is utilised. However, the Tegra X2 features the same CUDA core count and apparently boosts GPU clocks by 50 per cent, the opposite direction taken by Nintendo."

So, leakers got a lot of things right, and got some things wrong too, but for those discretiditing things like Pokemon Stars and Beyond Good and Evil 2 they never specified if they'd be shown at the event. It might very well be shown at E3 or a Nintendo Direct (there's already one on the way for Fire Emblem). Heck, Reggie even hinted at a Metroid and Mother 3.

And also, it seems that all of OBE1's leaks are legit (besides the half an hour to charge, the website specifies 3 hours for a full charge), so we should expect Metroid and a Platinum exclusive to be a part of the 19 unconfirmed games in development (out of the 80), alongside Assasins Creed Egypt and Resident Evil 7 with VR.