By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Emily Rogers and Eurogamer were creating fake news and fake rumors?

Kuksenkov said:
Eurogamer is overrated AF to be honest. I'm glad the got some things wrong (maybe they were right and Nintendo decided to make those announcements at a later date?). Hopefully their reputation takes a hit tbh. I couldn't understand people taking their rumors for GRANTED, because "its Eurogamer". Bitch I'm Amerigamer and can make up rumors too, stfu.

That comment only shows how ignorant you are of Eurogamer and digital foundry's track record especially on their hardware analysis. 

There's a reason why they are taken seriously in this industry and I call bullshit on the OP's claim they were making fake news and rumors. Just because the truth might not be to someone's liking, it doesn't make it fake.

 

Amerigamer.... Lol



Around the Network
Turkish said:
Who started the Mario Rabbit RPG rumeeer?

From a french video gaming website "Game Blog".

On another hand, the whole female Link thing could be explained by Zelda being playable at least to some degree. She looks strikingly similar to Link, which could explain the misconceptions about there being a "female Link".

But there are still things the leakers like Laura Kate Dale (for example), got wrong. 250 dollar price tag (though she was assuming this and guessing on her own), Skyrim on launch, March 17th release date and Zelda being possibly delayed in Europe. There's probably more I forgot to cover.

But I don't think Eurogamer's leak about the clock speeds was necessarily wrong though, just that people had the misconception that they confirmed the Venture Beat rumor, which they didn't, as shown by these claims (from the article);

"There's an additional wrinkle to the story too, albeit one we should treat with caution as it is single-source in nature with a lot of additional speculation on our part. This relates to the idea that the Tegra X1 in the NX development hardware is apparently actively cooled, with audible fan noise. With that in mind, we can't help but wonder whether X1 is the final hardware we'll see in the NX. Could it actually be a placeholder for Tegra X2?"

"While we're confident that our reporting on Switch's clock-speeds is accurate, all of the questions we have concerning the leaked spec remain unanswered.... Performance at lower clocks could be boosted by a larger GPU (ie more CUDA cores), but this seems unlikely - even if Switch is using newer 16nm technology, actual transistor density isn't that different to Tegra X1's 20nm process - it's the FinFET '3D' transistors that make the difference. A larger GPU would result in a more expensive chip too, with only limited performance gains. And if Switch is using a more modern 16nm Tegra chip, we would expect Nintendo to follow Nvidia's lead in how the new process is utilised. However, the Tegra X2 features the same CUDA core count and apparently boosts GPU clocks by 50 per cent, the opposite direction taken by Nintendo."

So, leakers got a lot of things right, and got some things wrong too, but for those discretiditing things like Pokemon Stars and Beyond Good and Evil 2 they never specified if they'd be shown at the event. It might very well be shown at E3 or a Nintendo Direct (there's already one on the way for Fire Emblem). Heck, Reggie even hinted at a Metroid and Mother 3.

And also, it seems that all of OBE1's leaks are legit (besides the half an hour to charge, the website specifies 3 hours for a full charge), so we should expect Metroid and a Platinum exclusive to be a part of the 19 unconfirmed games in development (out of the 80), alongside Assasins Creed Egypt and Resident Evil 7 with VR.



Nautilus said:
Yeah.It just go to shows that we should NEVER take rumours at face value, not matter their track record.

Because a guy named Lucas-Rio mashed together a bunch of rumors, with no links, no distinction of which came from Emily and which came from Eurogamer, and his definition of Pokemon Stars not being a thing is it not being shown at the launch event? We know Pikmin 4 is "near completion" and it wasn't even mentioned at the event. Therefor Pikmin 4 is not a thing I guess?

This topic is very misleading, and extremely lazy for what it's trying to do. And I couldn't disagree more that track recods don't matter when it comes to credibility for rumors.



Hiku said:
Nautilus said:
Yeah.It just go to shows that we should NEVER take rumours at face value, not matter their track record.

Because a guy named Lucas-Rio mashed together a bunch of rumors, with no links, no distinction of which came from Emily and which came from Eurogamer, and his definition of Pokemon Stars not being a thing is it not being shown at the launch event? We know Pikmin 4 is "near completion" and it wasn't even mentioned at the event.

This topic is very misleading, and I couldn't disagree more that track recods don't matter when it comes to credibility.

I meant more in the sense that they could be wrong.Kate, Emily and Eurogamer got things right, but they also got many things wrong.The most recent example was about Beyong Good and Evil 2 showing in this presentation, the back and forth about Zelda being or not relleased on launch, the price of the switch, etc.

Im not saying to disregard them completely, but there are some people here that take their claims as they were an official nintendo statement.And thats simply wrong.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lucas-Rio said:
celador said:

I read elsewhere Emily Rogers/ Laura Dale were just getting rumours from 4chan (not yesterday's 4chan rumours that were actually correct)

Not sure about Eurogamer, it's not usual for them to be so wrong, they're normally very good with leaks

Emily Rogers work for Eurogamer.

She announced female link, Mario at launch, Zelda delayed and others at Eurogames announced BGE2 presented by Ubisoft on 13 January and Pokemon Stars.

There's a big difference between what Emily can say on her private Twitter, and what Eurogamer decide to publish on their site under their name.

By the way, Emily reported that Zelda would be a launch title. Previously she didn't claim to have a release date, but knowledge of when bug testing for the game began. People estimated how long it would take to do it, and thats why it was speculated to miss the launch.

And where did Eurogamer say Beyond Good & Evil 2 would be showed in Jan 13?
I'm looking and all I fgind is their report on it "almost definitely being in development" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-04-beyond-good-and-evil-2-is-almost-definitely-in-development-but
And then it was updated with a confirmation that it is.

Where's the article about them saying it would be shown on Jan 13 though? You need links when you try to debug claims.
We shouldn't have to dig these things up.

And Pokemon not being at the presentation is no more fail than making the same assumption about the "nearly completed" Pikmin, which was a no show.



Around the Network
Nautilus said:

I meant more in the sense that they could be wrong.Kate, Emily and Eurogamer got things right, but they also got many things wrong.The most recent example was about Beyong Good and Evil 2 showing in this presentation, the back and forth about Zelda being or not relleased on launch, the price of the switch, etc.

Im not saying to disregard them completely, but there are some people here that take their claims as they were an official nintendo statement.And thats simply wrong.

Sorry, that was actually me misreading your comment. You said not to take it for face value. And that is true. I thought I read you saying that credibility doesn't matter in general when it comes to unverified reports. My mistake.

However, I'd still like links to these claims. In particular, do you have a link to Eurogamer suggesting it would be shown in Jan 13? I have not been able to find it, whether I'm searching their site, or on Google. Did you see this yourself? Or are you paraphrazing the OP?

Emily at least ended on Zelda being a launch title. Back and forth doesn't neccesarily mean the source is misinformed. Nintendo could change their plans as well. I believe the delay news was based on the estimated time it would take to bugtest Zelda. So it wasnt that she was told that it would get a late release date.
But when she got a releasedate, she said it would be at launch.



Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

I meant more in the sense that they could be wrong.Kate, Emily and Eurogamer got things right, but they also got many things wrong.The most recent example was about Beyong Good and Evil 2 showing in this presentation, the back and forth about Zelda being or not relleased on launch, the price of the switch, etc.

Im not saying to disregard them completely, but there are some people here that take their claims as they were an official nintendo statement.And thats simply wrong.

Sorry, that was actually me misreading your comment. There was nothing wrong with with that portion of it. You said not to take it for face value. And that is true. I thought I read you saying that credibility doesn't matter in general when it comes to unverified reports. My mistake.

However, I'd still like links to these claims. Do you have a link to Eurogamer suggesting it would be shown in Jan 13?
Emily at least ended on Zelda being a launch title. Back and forth doesn't neccesarily mean the source is misinformed. Nintendo could change their plans as well. I believe the delay news was based on the estimated time it would take to bugtest Zelda. So it wasnt that she was told that it would get a late release date.
But when she got a releasedate, she said it would be at launch.

The Beyond rumour I think dosent exist, I was a bit caught up with the rest of people saying that.But there were many that she was wrong, like those others like I said and the Rabbids RPG game being on launch lineup(It could still be announced, but thats unlikely).The problem with the reasoning that things could have changed inside Nintendo is that it is the perfect excuse for everything.I mean, that could very well be true, but that could also be an excuse to use when she simply was fed wrong information.And thats dangerous.i mean, thats her job and she teoretically shouldnt get those things wrong and should be critisiyed for it, like any other jobs.

 

And I mean, part of the fault that many users here left unsatisfied with the presentation was because of them.They expected a 249 console and got a 299.Some expected Mario at launch and it is actually a holiday title.Some expected VC  but it wasnt mentioned at all.That in turn can hurt the company whose product belongs to.Thats why Im not always that fond of these type of rumours.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I've said a million times that Emily Rogers is full of shit. she takes popular rumors that have already been somewhat substantiated by some communities and then announces them as if she has some secret contact.

She got it right on a few very obvious things early (like Paper Mario Wii U) and then magically people believed she had a real insider information leak.

Bear in mind: anyone with mega classified info will sign a very serious non disclosure agreement and will not be funneling strong consistently solid information to random chicks on Twitter



Nautilus said:
Hiku said:

Sorry, that was actually me misreading your comment. There was nothing wrong with with that portion of it. You said not to take it for face value. And that is true. I thought I read you saying that credibility doesn't matter in general when it comes to unverified reports. My mistake.

However, I'd still like links to these claims. Do you have a link to Eurogamer suggesting it would be shown in Jan 13?
Emily at least ended on Zelda being a launch title. Back and forth doesn't neccesarily mean the source is misinformed. Nintendo could change their plans as well. I believe the delay news was based on the estimated time it would take to bugtest Zelda. So it wasnt that she was told that it would get a late release date.
But when she got a releasedate, she said it would be at launch.

The Beyond rumour I think dosent exist, I was a bit caught up with the rest of people saying that.But there were many that she was wrong, like those others like I said and the Rabbids RPG game being on launch lineup(It could still be announced, but thats unlikely).The problem with the reasoning that things could have changed inside Nintendo is that it is the perfect excuse for everything.I mean, that could very well be true, but that could also be an excuse to use when she simply was fed wrong information.And thats dangerous.i mean, thats her job and she teoretically shouldnt get those things wrong and should be critisiyed for it, like any other jobs.

 

And I mean, part of the fault that many users here left unsatisfied with the presentation was because of them.They expected a 249 console and got a 299.Some expected Mario at launch and it is actually a holiday title.Some expected VC  but it wasnt mentioned at all.That in turn can hurt the company whose product belongs to.Thats why Im not always that fond of these type of rumours.

Yeah, I believe I remember her saying there would be a female Link for example. I'm more concerned about the Eurogamer portion of this, and how OP lumps them all together, with 0 links to back up any of the claims.
And yeah, that Eurogamer article seemingly not existing is exactly why I have a problem with topics constructed this way.

If you want to debunk things on the internet, use links... (Not refering to you, but OP and people in general.)



cycycychris said:
We'll see what happens, they backed off on a lot of there rumors the closer we got to launch. But at the same time, they still have time to be right on some of the games. Though I think the beyond good and evil is not going to be Switch Exclusive. Or even time exclusive.

just being real here- where on Earth do you think someone random like Emily Rogers, or even Eurogamer, would magically be getting this genuine information?

leaks DO happen from time to time, but with the amount of predictions they make its very clearly just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something hits. Its not like a group of insiders working at a third party studio OR Nintendo are going to risk it and constantly funnel info to these people.

 

You guys need to stop essentially taking tabloid reporters that seriously.