By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: FIFA Switch is based off the PS3/360 versions

Nautilus said:
bananaking21 said:

Shitty practices? Nintendo are the ones to have outdated hardware. Nothing EA can do about it. 

Yes, its shitty.Switch may be weaker, but Fifa is hardly a demanding game.If they wanted to make some effort, they could bring Fifa 2017 or 2018 to the Switch, albeit with some downgraded visual and/or effects.Its just a matter of effort.So yeah, Ea its giving "support" to the switch, and its just really shitty.

And Im not mentioning its other practices with microtransactions and stuff.

you do realize that its going to be Fifa 2018 right? but they wont get the versions PS4 and XB1 are getting, they are getting the PS360 versions, because thats what the hardware can handle. 

@bolded: that has nothing to do with this thread. 

Around the Network

Hahahahaha! Oh man, these next few months are going to be interesting.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

This is exactly what i expected. I lol at those thinking it was gonna be anything else. EA did this with the Vita aswell. They made one base game and then just released new ones with update teams every year. I expect that to happen with the switch.
Either that or they just stop it like they did with the Wii U after FIFA 14.

BMaker11 said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo has NEVER needed EA on handhelds. EA has had virtually no presence on Nintendo handhelds and when they have they gave no effort.

Is that what we're going to be doing now? Pretend it's not a home console? Then when it bombs because it's not keeping up with modern consoles (neither in power or the games department), you can fall back and say "hey, it's a handheld! It's not competing with PS4 and XBOne"???

Are you going to pretend like you have been on these boards, following the posts that have been made over the past 8 months?

Some posters, like myself, have been saying Switch was a hand held since before day one. Hell, my prediction was that because it was announced for a March release, it would be a hand held. And that prediction predates the cartridge or mobile chip powering the console rumor. Some of us were fighting with other Nintendo fans about it being nothing but a glorified hand held with TV out. I get that you think all Nintendo fans consider the console to be a home console, but that is untrue. Please, do not attempt to discredit these people because we have earned our day to gloat about how correct we are, too.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

How is this a bad thing?

Around the Network

Thé so called return of third parties..

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

lol what did you expect? Either a downgraded PS4/X1 version or an upgraded PS3/360 port.
60FPS is a must in FIFA and due to the weaker power of the Switch 1080p 60FPS would be impossible.

Switch version will be above 720p, so still superior to last gen. There's literally no difference between last gen upgrade or current gen downgrade.

"The Source" sent me some early access material. He's somewhat reliable source when it comes to anything Spectravideo related, I'd say about 3-89% accuracy. So take it with a grain of salt but not too much so you don't end up salty.

Looking good already but remember this is supposed to be a work-in-progress.

I'm sorry

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Intrinsic said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo has NEVER needed EA on handhelds. EA has had virtually no presence on Nintendo handhelds and when they have they gave no effort.

well, at least someone agrees with me that the switch is a handheld not a console.

And i dont see what the issue is here, the switch is literally last gen hardware. Funny that some people were actually expecting PS4/XB1 games on it.

Guess that ship has finally sailed.

100% agree on all fronts.

I think finally sanity can be restored after all the fantasy claims we had to endure for over a year now.

Yep... Back to normal now 

Phew, i thought it was going to be the psp version, since were are looking at a console-handheld hybrid. Better than expected :)