By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will be a success through people who bought it and with the people who see it.

Certainly the initial launch Switchs will sell out.  Pass that, the Switch will struggle, but not for long.  Switch is so designed that people who do not care for it, and I'm speaking both casual and core gamers, will eventually come to light the advantages of a Switch.  Unlike the Wii U where it is a stationary, home based console, the Switch screams at you and you will pay attention to it because it's just so interesting.  Where Wii U is not understood for what it offers, with Switch you know exactly what it is.  You'll pay attention when someone brings it to a birthday party and there are kids and gamers of all ages around it, curious as to what this thing is. 

When there is genuine enjoyment around this system and random people are curious enough to ask what it is, that's already the start.  And if they only see one, it is sure that they will see it again somewhere else.  Even if there's not too many people who have bought this system, there will be because of the free advertisement by those who bought it.  It's like those stupid kendamas in 2015/2016 where you just couldn't go out and not see them.  In parks, in restaurants, in parties, in whatever, you will see the Switch and you may just buy them. 

Yes, $300 price tag is heavy, but that doesn't matter you'll buy it.  Yes, the online paid service is a downer, but that's for all the real gamers(You should all be happy to be considered a big boy player now because you know...EL33T).  Imagine all the Nintendo games where Online can really carry it to higher heights.  There is always local multiplayer.  Battery life, there are work arounds, I invested in mobile solar chargers, it's fine.   And yes, I agree that there is a huge entry level, but it never stopped Sony or Microsoft from succeeding.  It won't be this year, but next year is when Switch is going to really pop.  Why?  Because you won't be able get away from it.  It'll be a walking talking meme and you can't escape.

Around the Network

Ps4 sold 1mill in it first week/month? in usa

Lets see what switch can do

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Worked for the Vita.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Worked for the Vita.

Ouch.

padib said:
vivster said:
Worked for the Vita.

Except Nintendo is going to make games for the Switch.

They said the same about the Wii U.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
padib said:

Wii U wasn't in parks, and lakes, basketball courts, in anime cons, in airplanes, zoos, etc.

padib said:
vivster said:
Worked for the Vita.

Vita was a single player experience.  Switch is multifaceted.

Ouroboros24 said:
vivster said:

Wii U wasn't in parks, and lakes, basketball courts, in anime cons, in airplanes, zoos, etc.

So you're saying Nintendo's only motivation to make games is if the device can be carried around? That's kind of a bad attitude.

Ouroboros24 said:
vivster said:

But the ps4 was in all of those places.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

padib said:
vivster said:

And they were true to their promise. Only now guess what? They don't have to choose anymore.

So your point is that Nintendo are just not going to make any games?

I say we don't have a guarantee.