By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will be a success through people who bought it and with the people who see it.

Ouroboros24 said:

Certainly the initial launch Switchs will sell out.  Pass that, the Switch will struggle, but not for long.  Switch is so designed that people who do not care for it, and I'm speaking both casual and core gamers, will eventually come to light the advantages of a Switch.  Unlike the Wii U where it is a stationary, home based console, the Switch screams at you and you will pay attention to it because it's just so interesting.  Where Wii U is not understood for what it offers, with Switch you know exactly what it is.  You'll pay attention when someone brings it to a birthday party and there are kids and gamers of all ages around it, curious as to what this thing is. 

When there is genuine enjoyment around this system and random people are curious enough to ask what it is, that's already the start.  And if they only see one, it is sure that they will see it again somewhere else.  Even if there's not too many people who have bought this system, there will be because of the free advertisement by those who bought it.  It's like those stupid kendamas in 2015/2016 where you just couldn't go out and not see them.  In parks, in restaurants, in parties, in whatever, you will see the Switch and you may just buy them. 

Yes, $300 price tag is heavy, but that doesn't matter you'll buy it.  Yes, the online paid service is a downer, but that's for all the real gamers(You should all be happy to be considered a big boy player now because you know...EL33T).  Imagine all the Nintendo games where Online can really carry it to higher heights.  There is always local multiplayer.  Battery life, there are work arounds, I invested in mobile solar chargers, it's fine.   And yes, I agree that there is a huge entry level, but it never stopped Sony or Microsoft from succeeding.  It won't be this year, but next year is when Switch is going to really pop.  Why?  Because you won't be able get away from it.  It'll be a walking talking meme and you can't escape.

Bold: You wanna bet?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
m_csquare said:

you still dont understand why i listed those titles on my prev post, do you?

basic logic would be: you expect more games to be released, now that the whole team is working one system instead of two systems. wait, was it basic math?

Your counter argument literally has nothing to do with the concept of a unified library that's why I'm not paying attention to it, basic logic is the 3DS is being phased out this year so the will be one library that will now house all games, one library means the two separate libraries are now just the one so in other words unifed. This has nothing to do with your amount of games argument or your opinion of them, this is straight up a set in stone thing and not debatable.

As for more games, the system already has a first 12 month line up that has more than both its predecessors even if you look at first party only in the first 10 months the are 8 first party releases as opposed to the 4 of the first 12 months of the Wii U and 5 of the 3DS.

Slarvax said:
pokoko said:
"you will pay attention to it because it's just so interesting."

Well, I mean, it's really not. It's a $300 handheld. People are playing on tablets, phones, and handhelds wherever you go already. Yeah, you can "share the Joy" but, I'm sorry, normal people aren't going to huddle around a small screen with tiny controllers, no matter what Nintendo's videos tell us.

If the Switch turns into a hit, it will be almost entirely the work of Zelda first and later Pokemon, or maybe a wildcard like Splatoon 2. The hardware alone isn't anything special and won't sell itself like the Wii..

It physically hurts me how much "innovation" raised the price of this thing. I wish those dumb casual games bomb and Nintendo learns their lesson.

I don't think we should call Spla2n a wildcard, though.

Cheap gimmicks are great, expensive gimmicks are often death.  Expectations rise along with the price tag.

I'm starting to wonder if they're just afraid they can't sell a straight up gaming system.  Personally, I would be much more interested if they dropped the Joy Cons, improved the handheld in terms of mobility, cut the price by $30, and packed in a Pro controller. 

As for being a wildcard, I don't just mean units of software sold, I mean titles that will draw in people who don't necessarily think of themselves as "Nintendo fans".  Wii Sports did that, BoW can do that, Pokemon will do that, but I don't think Splatoon is in that category as an IP, at least not yet.

I'm not as optimistic, the price barrier is the main issue in my opinion

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I agree, I think it will be a success. I mean, the hybrid nature will be awesome, there will be more games because of unified divisions, there are interesting gimmicks (like it or not) and connection to smartphones, etc. Speaking of which, people are used to play $700~$1000 for such devices these days... I can't see why anyone wanting a Switch would avoid it just because of $50. Americans are really weird.

People are whining without much thought... only based on the reveal event; like they were expecting ALL games to be shown, the system to be powerful and dirty cheap at the same time, to have great online while remaining free, etc. Jesus, people expect impossible things from Nintendo...

I'm tired of VGC, people just complain, and complain, and complain... it's becoming toxic. They're never happy with anything, they want something perfect and cheap. I'm leaving for some time (yes, go on and make silly jokes/jabs).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won