By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will be a success through people who bought it and with the people who see it.

xl-klaudkil said:
Ps4 sold 1mill in it first week/month? in usa
Lets see what switch can do

Less than 2m world wide... because thats all their shipping the first month right?

How much did the PS4 do world wide first month?

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
m_csquare said:

You sure it's mainly because of those games and not because it's holiday time and pokemon b/w2 releasing in earlier that year? At that time, there's no way ppl would prefer nds over 3ds when 3ds was only 50$ more expensive (after price cut) and future proof (and could play any ds game).

point is BC alone was not enough to sell 3ds. Heck even iwata himself admitted that 3ds launch sale was disappointing. I agree 3ds has great library, but it started to become good years after 3ds release date. Now back to switch, it repeats all the mistake that 3ds made: high price, weak hardware, joke battery life, joke memory size, okayish launch titles, and this time it's even worse: no BC.

and what does unified library even mean to me as a customer? this guarantees nothing. I mean, just look at Switch launch titles. Social media was also hugely positive abt Clinton, but we all knw the election didnt agree with social media.

Pokemon B/W2 released in Q4 2012 almost 2 years after  the launch of the 3DS and a year after the games I mentioned turned things around, even MH3U released with the games I mentioned a year prior to B/W2 :? 

3DS' library became good late 2011 and early 2012 with 3DL, MK7, MH3U, Kingdom Hearts 3D etc... This is around 10 months in not years later.

Unified library means as a consumer you don't need to buy 2 Nintendo platforms like you did before to enjoy the full library, everything is on one platform only no matter the game whether Pokemon or Zelda. You're mistaking the news for social media, actual social media had Trump and Clinton supportors battling back and fourth.

Until we get the actual games, that really means nothing. No animal crossing, no bayonetta, no monster hunter, no fire emblem, no layton, no ace attourney. This whole unified library is just customer wishful thinking. Beside the new mario game, what we get now is a wiiu port and bunch of wiiu reskin games. I expect at least some 3ds series on switch if unified library is really what you are talking about

m_csquare said:

Until we get the actual games, that really means nothing. No animal crossing, no bayonetta, no monster hunter, no fire emblem, no layton, no ace attourney. This whole unified library is just customer wishful thinking. Beside the new mario game, what we get now is a wiiu port and bunch of wiiu reskin games. I expect at least some 3ds series on switch if unified library is really what you are talking about

Are you having a laugh? All future Nintendo games when 3DS is phased out are going to be on one platform, Switch, one platform is one library so consumers don't need to buy a portable and a home console to get all of Nintendo's library it's now unified, that's not even debatable.

Wyrdness said:
m_csquare said:

Are you having a laugh? All future Nintendo games when 3DS is phased out are going to be on one platform, Switch, one platform is one library so consumers don't need to buy a portable and a home console to get all of Nintendo's library it's now unified, that's not even debatable.

yea whatev man. If you choose to believe whatev marketing team says, it's up to you. Like i said, i prefer to see the actual product first. "Unified library" with just 3 interesting titles (which are just wiiu reskin games) are basically the same as wiiu library to me.

m_csquare said:
Wyrdness said:

yea whatev man. If you choose to believe whatev marketing team says, it's up to you. Like i said, i prefer to see the actual product first. "Unified library" with just 3 interesting titles (which are just wiiu reskin games) are basically the same as wiiu library to me.

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

It's not marketing mate it's straight up logic, one platform is one library, basic maths a unified library is not determined by how many games are currently in it and tbh I don't care about your opinion on what games are interesting this is basic logic.

Around the Network

I have seen this since its first reveal, the portable local multiplayer aspects of this console are a must. I am now dreaming chilling playing mario kart with my friends anywhere: in home or during a trip while in the car, bus, plane, etc..

We reap what we sow

"you will pay attention to it because it's just so interesting."

Well, I mean, it's really not. It's a $300 handheld. People are playing on tablets, phones, and handhelds wherever you go already. Yeah, you can "share the Joy" but, I'm sorry, normal people aren't going to huddle around a small screen with tiny controllers, no matter what Nintendo's videos tell us.

If the Switch turns into a hit, it will be almost entirely the work of Zelda first and later Pokemon, or maybe a wildcard like Splatoon 2. The hardware alone isn't anything special and won't sell itself like the Wii..

Wyrdness said:
m_csquare said:

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

It's not marketing mate it's straight up logic, one platform is one library, basic maths a unified library is not determined by how many games are currently in it and tbh I don't care about your opinion on what games are interesting this is basic logic.

you still dont understand why i listed those titles on my prev post, do you?

basic logic would be: you expect more games to be released, now that the whole team is working one system instead of two systems. wait, was it basic math?

m_csquare said:
Wyrdness said:

you still dont understand why i listed those titles on my prev post, do you?

basic logic would be: you expect more games to be released, now that the whole team is working one system instead of two systems. wait, was it basic math?

Let's just wait this thing release and pass through its first year so we can get any conclusions, shall we? I am pretty sure that are a lot of games being worked that will show the pros of having a home console and a handheld in one device.

We reap what we sow

pokoko said:
"you will pay attention to it because it's just so interesting."

Well, I mean, it's really not. It's a $300 handheld. People are playing on tablets, phones, and handhelds wherever you go already. Yeah, you can "share the Joy" but, I'm sorry, normal people aren't going to huddle around a small screen with tiny controllers, no matter what Nintendo's videos tell us.

If the Switch turns into a hit, it will be almost entirely the work of Zelda first and later Pokemon, or maybe a wildcard like Splatoon 2. The hardware alone isn't anything special and won't sell itself like the Wii..

It physically hurts me how much "innovation" raised the price of this thing. I wish those dumb casual games bomb and Nintendo learns their lesson.

I don't think we should call Spla2n a wildcard, though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988