By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch will be a success through people who bought it and with the people who see it.

vivster said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Wii U wasn't in parks, and lakes, basketball courts, in anime cons, in airplanes, zoos, etc.

So you're saying Nintendo's only motivation to make games is if the device can be carried around? That's kind of a bad attitude.

No, I'm saying that the Switch can be a campfire.  Metaphorically speaking of course.  The Switch has the ability to gather onlookers better than any other console before it.  Free advertisment. 

Around the Network

Maybe after Nintendo lower the price around a more reasonable 200$/€.

SnakeDrake said:
Ouroboros24 said:

Wii U wasn't in parks, and lakes, basketball courts, in anime cons, in airplanes, zoos, etc.

But the ps4 was in all of those places.

What?  How was the TV, The console powered near the lake?  Did someone bring a generator?  All I'm saying is that it has showing off ability. 

Ouroboros24 said:
vivster said:

So you're saying Nintendo's only motivation to make games is if the device can be carried around? That's kind of a bad attitude.

No, I'm saying that the Switch can be a campfire.  Metaphorically speaking of course.  The Switch has the ability to gather onlookers better than any other console before it.  Free advertisment. 

You kinda need to clarify your point a bit better. Do you think the console will sell well because it's a handheld or because it has games? Because it seems the former alone is no guarantee for success.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Ouroboros24 said:

You kinda need to clarify your point a bit better. Do you think the console will sell well because it's a handheld or because it has games? Because it seems the former alone is no guarantee for success.

Okay, have you ever seen something cool that someone brought to school?  And that something, did you get the something because you just thought it was so cool and you just have to have it?  Well, that's basically what I'm saying.  The free advertisment is there.  Smash bros is a great example of that.  Once me and my friends had a Smash all night party, everyone who attended bought one.  That's the point of the thread. 

Around the Network

It can sell purely being the successor of the 3DS alone tbh.

Wyrdness said:

Yes, you get it.  You understand what I'm saying.  Don't know why people don't seem to get the concept. 

Ouroboros24 said:
vivster said:

Okay, have you ever seen something cool that someone brought to school?  And that something, did you get the something because you just thought it was so cool and you just have to have it?  Well, that's basically what I'm saying.  The free advertisment is there.  Smash bros is a great example of that.  Once me and my friends had a Smash all night party, everyone who attended bought one.  That's the point of the thread. 

I think history has shown that this kind of advertisement means absolutely nothing. It just helps successful handhelds to be more successful. It does nothing for failures.

So I think we can conclude that the mere fact that it's a handheld will have only very little to do with the success or failure of the Switch from an advertisement standpoint.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wyrdness said:

Nah it doesnt work like that. 3ds has a much better predecessor, but 3ds wasn't successful until nintendo lowered the price and release pokemon xy.

I disagree. I think the Switch is the exact same thing as the Wii U. Very few will want to be seen with that contraption in hand, so its a home console, much like the Wii U.