By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintend's new online service. - From Nintendo's Website.

One 'free' game for a month, chat and lobby only via app. This is such a bad, bad joke.

Edit: Yes, for one month!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
*Looks for `Earn Achievements` in the features list...* *is disappointed*

An achievment/trophy-like system is such a duh-duh no brainer. It blows my f***ing mind that they still haven't done it. If people don't want to get into it, they can ignore it. And for those that would enjoy it, great! Just look at the communities such a system spawns.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So the free game each month are limited for only one month to play and after that you can't play it anymore?
Wished it was one to own forever like the psn+ live gold.

Otherwise good deal, finally voice chat!

COKTOE said:
Ka-pi96 said:
*Looks for `Earn Achievements` in the features list...* *is disappointed*

An achievment/trophy-like system is such a duh-duh no brainer. It blows my f***ing mind that they still haven't done it. If people don't want to get into it, they can ignore it. And for those that would enjoy it, great! Just look at the communities such a system spawns.

Very much agreed. My brother and I are the perfect examples. He loves to platinum most of the games we buy, while I'm perfectly fine just playing and beating them casually. It's a big missed opportunity.

OT: Welp, Nintendo caved. They are gonna have to step up their online services hardcore after this announcement

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Captain_Yuri said:

"Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

I am sorry but what the fak

Could be cool if the selection is really good.  Problem is, when was the last time their VC selection was really good day one?  Exactly, never.  So it will be more or less a curiosity until probably holiday 2018 at the earliest.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"Monthly game download

Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month."

I am sorry but what the fak

Could be cool if the selection is really good.  Problem is, when was the last time their VC selection was really good day one?  Exactly, never.  So it will be more or less a curiosity until probably holiday 2018 at the earliest.

My question is... Is that their version of the games you get with say PS+? Cause if it is... That's kinda bad. Cause instead of free current generation games with a yearly fee, its really old games with a yearly fee.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not excited about this at all, really hope it's not too expensive :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Captain_Yuri said:
Nuvendil said:

My question is... Is that their version of the games you get with say PS+? Cause if it is... That's kinda bad. Cause instead of free current generation games with a yearly fee, its really old games with a yearly fee.

To be fair, they kind of need games that can be free first.  

I think it's early to be decided on an opinion of it, but as it stands it doesn't look good.  

... sooooooooooo for those of us without smart phones?

MDMAlliance said:
Captain_Yuri said:

To be fair, they kind of need games that can be free first.  

I think it's early to be decided on an opinion of it, but as it stands it doesn't look good.  

Yea and that's exactly why I am going to wait to buy the Switch

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850