By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why does the PS3 suck so much...

fazz said:
leo-j said:
fazz said:
It's thanks to multiple factors:

-128 bit memory interface
-8 Raster Operators (vs 16 in the normal 7800GTX)
-256MB of RAM available directly to the GPU (the other 256MB would have too much latency to use it as a frame-buffer)

You will be eating your PC fanboy words, when Wardevil is released and it looks better than all games this gen, and running at 1080p at 60fps.

Fanboy words? You even know what latency or a raster is? Can't you stand someone saying something about the PS3?

You have to understand that the PS3 has limitations too. The Cell doesn't gives it some sort of magical powers that overcome any technical limit.

And we will see about Wardevil. Want to make a bet about it? Something like "Wardevil will not look better than all games this generation"

You expect leo-j to understand the limitations? No offense leo-j, but stop overrating the PS3's hardware. It just makes things worse. You think doing that will stop the "loz, Sony fanboys and SDF are so stupid" us PS fans get all the time? It's better to underrate than to overrate. It just makes people look bad. The PS3 only has 256MB for Graphics. 256MB RAM for other processes. It's just not enough for a fantastic game in 1080p. The RAM is something that really limits this.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network
leo-j said:
@squilliam

You should have been warned, fanboys like you are no good to the site. You have been bashing playstation to much. I hate fanboys like you.

I do own a 60gb PS3, so I DO have as much call to use this forum as you do. Then you turn around and call someone else a fanboy for posting what are essentially facts. I didn't even care for the Xbox360 or the Wii much until I started using this site, so I like to support the nice sides, SUE ME. I have all 3 consoles and a PC.

"You will be eating your PC fanboy words, when Wardevil is released and it looks better than all games this gen, and running at 1080p at 60fps."

Try using logic or even form an argument instead of attacking the poster.

Edit: I wouldn't have even purchased a 360 until people like you annoyed the hell out of me. I only got my xbox360 a couple of months ago. Attack, attack, attack, thats just a signature of insecurity. You make more enemies than you do friends using that approach.  

Tease.

Forum Rules:
#1.  Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in.

I know the rules might be hard to read, but they still apply.  Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:

Forum Rules:
#1. Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in.

I know the rules might be hard to read, but they still apply. Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

My apologies, I saw it before and I would change my title to reflect if I could.

Ok, different topic, Art direction.

How do you think the PS3 capabilities reflect in the art direction of exclusive games.

Tease.

All of the ps3's exclusives, as far as I am aware, are at least 720p. The same can't be said for the 360 (Halo 3, PGR, etc.), so I don't really see what all the complaining's about.

And Krazy Ken never said that all ps3 games would be "Full HD", he just said that the ps3 was capable of Full HD, and considering even the launch title NBA '07 was 1080p, this is true. It's just that devs would rather sacrifice resolution forto improve the game's visuals in other areas (i.e. Uncharted and Killzone 2, two of the best looking console games yet seen)

Around the Network

Who cares... does anyone that matter actually look up this crap before buying a game? what happened to the old try it, like it, buy it?

Unless you spend a fortune on a home theater and what your game for the only purpose of showing off, you shouldn't care, if a game looks good, say it, if it looks like crap, say it, hell, i still play Katamari, and is one of the uggliest games i've seen, GT's graphics absolutely blow me away in every new game, but the game is a snorefest (for me) and i wouldn't buy it..

And BTW are you serious? a 2000$ PC that just came out can outperform a 500$ console that's 18 months old? wow, who would've thought that...

Seriously, i wonder who's the no-life loser that comes up with that sort of list...

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

I think you hurt the ps3's feelings.

Squilliam said:
Andir said:

Forum Rules:
#1. Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic. Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in.

I know the rules might be hard to read, but they still apply. Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

My apologies, I saw it before and I would change my title to reflect if I could.

Ok, different topic, Art direction.

How do you think the PS3 capabilities reflect in the art direction of exclusive games.

Art style doesn't directly relate to technical abilities. Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best looking games this generation, in terms of visual style.

As for which games have utilized the ps3's capabilities to the fullest, Uncharted is the first to come to mind. It has been said by many reviewers that Uncharted is the best looking console game out, and I would have to agree. Gears comes in a close second, imo. The only game that we've yet seen that I think will top Uncharted is Killzone 2 (which seems to top it by quite a bit), though of course we have yet to see proper shots of Gears 2.

It's funny that many Sony fanboys yell that the PS3 is "teh HD roxxorz" and the Wii sucks because it's low-res, while there are many PS3 games that run in similar resolutions as the Wii.

It makes me chuckle.

^^I'm hungry.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it