By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony needs to purchase Scalebound ASAP

Should Sony purchase the IP?

yes 157 42.66%

no 160 43.48%

someone else 51 13.86%

Total:368
KazumaKiryu said:

If enough players want it, Sony/Square Enix could become publisher and they bring the game with a new name to PS4. We just need to write the developer:) Then the game would be a success in future. Win-win for all players and fans.

Thats just not how it works. MS has the IP so all the publishers in the world could beat on their door they still have to go through MS to get it. Write away but all you are doing are making PG lives worse by harrassing them over something they have no control over.

Around the Network
Faust said:
Why? The game looked awful

My thoughts. We're getting Nier soon enough.

Ali_16x said:
starcraft said:
MS didn't cancel this game because it was a gem that was 6 months away from a triumphant release.

They cancelled it because something went very wrong.

They cancelled it because they didn't want to pay anymore money for them to fix it. The game wasn't obviously super fucking broken, it just needed more time. And that is something Microsoft, like in the past, not want to fund.

We don't *know* anything for sure. But all the reports we have are that the game was in development hell. Typically when a Sony game is in development hell it comes out looking like Lair, the Order or Driveclub.

They are both businesses. I DO prefer Sony's approach of still eventually releasing failed experiments. But them buying Scalebound isn't suddenly going to make a game on a bad trajectory good.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

bunchanumbers said:
KazumaKiryu said:

If enough players want it, Sony/Square Enix could become publisher and they bring the game with a new name to PS4. We just need to write the developer:) Then the game would be a success in future. Win-win for all players and fans.

Thats just not how it works. MS has the IP so all the publishers in the world could beat on their door they still have to go through MS to get it. Write away but all you are doing are making PG lives worse by harrassing them over something they have no control over.

Is it possible that Microsoft has only the name "Scalebound"? Because they deleted it.

Hope the best for the developers and the players.

Ali_16x said:
starcraft said:
MS didn't cancel this game because it was a gem that was 6 months away from a triumphant release.

They cancelled it because something went very wrong.

They cancelled it because they didn't want to pay anymore money for them to fix it. The game wasn't obviously super fucking broken, it just needed more time. And that is something Microsoft, like in the past, not want to fund.

Well you really cant say if the game was broken or not. But obviously, it's costly. If the game wasnt up to par, why keep a dead development cycle going?

Around the Network

Turkish. Stop.

Ali_16x said:
For the people saying Microsoft own it, Platinum or any other company can buy it from them. Of course I doubt Microsoft would sell it to Sony. And no they can't reskin it, the game was made while Microsoft was paying them, the code is theirs. And no, neither will Nintendo.
What I think they should do is fund their next game, but of course this game was Kamiya's dream game, so it really sucks for him.

Yeah, but if MS does own the IP or the studio (I'm not saying they do cause I'm not sure on that) they'd have to be willing to sell it in order for another company to buy it. I feel like Kamiya got screwed over in this whole mess. 

onionberry said:
Ali_16x said:

I wanna see the source of this statement. 

Look at Phantom Dust for XBO. They didn't give the dev team proper time or budget and gave up when the devs said it wasn't enough time or money for what MS wanted. Same thing happened to Cry On for 360.

No, no it doesn't.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SegataSanshiro said:
onionberry said:

I wanna see the source of this statement. 

Look at Phantom Dust for XBO. They didn't give the dev team proper time or budget and gave up when the devs said it wasn't enough time or money for what MS wanted. Same thing happened to Cry On for 360.

Game started development in 2013 and was set to launch late 2016. 3 years is enough. They didnt reach their milestones as devs and project was scrapped.