By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tall people, what do you think of shorter people?

Tall person, do you think shorter people are inferior?

yes and why not? 17 9.94%

yes 14 8.19%

no, not really 26 15.20%

no 66 38.60%

some times I have these feelings 9 5.26%

see results 34 19.88%

Other post below 5 2.92%

Total:171

Short people are just old children.

Around the Network

I don't see anyone shorter than myself, except females. Then I see their cleavage. Being tall is great.

In all seriousness, whatever. I'm 6' which seems about average to me. Have plenty of friends taller and shorter and many around my height. As friends do, we make fun of people taller than oneself and make fun of people shorter than oneself. That means at times I'm the butt end of a joke from someone taller or shorter than me.

If you can't make fun of yourself or take being made fun of, you have no right to do the same to others.

I personally am 6'5 and it gets old really fast. I would much prefer to be average height, but no matter what another persons size is, doesn't faze me really. We're all human, although constantly being asked to bring something down from someone that is shorter than me gets old lol.

You do have more health problems once you've reached a certain height.

im 5'2"
one of the shortest you can find out there...

i do feel that the disadvantages far exceeds the almost none existence advantage....

spurgeonryan said:
RenCutypoison said:

191cm here. I hardly see people taller than I here.
I don't think ill of people who are shorter than me, but I tend to see them all as "short", and can't tell the size difference between two women for example, to me they are all "child size". I do joke a lot about that tho.

191cm......

Gets out calculator......gets out google.....guesses....5 foot 9 inches.

191 is like 6' 5"

5'9" is not tall. Well it's tall for a girl, but a guy that is short.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I personnally am a short. Sadly I feel smug I guess when I see someone who is shorter than myself. Superior if that helps.

But I do not throw it in anyones face at all, I dont ask them if I can help reach anything.

I guess I Ihave a prejudice against tall people is why I am asking off an assumption that they think or know they are better than me.

So what is it?

My ID says 5 foot 11, but I think I'm about 5 foot 10 1/2. How tall are you?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yerm said:
society generally favors tall people, and bigger things are generally viewed as better. to a degree having something of a bigger size can be a status symbol. having a 50 inch tv is respected a lot more than having a 20 inch tv. having more money is better than having less money. and being taller is favored over being short. I myself am a 5'7" male, meaning i just hit the average height of men. i envy people that are taller than me, the 6' and above people specifically, but i cant put down anyone shorter than me because while i am not as short as them, i still know the pain.

in what country? That seems pretty short to be the average for a male.

irstupid said:
spurgeonryan said:

191cm......

Gets out calculator......gets out google.....guesses....5 foot 9 inches.

191 is like 6' 5"

5'9" is not tall. Well it's tall for a girl, but a guy that is short.

191cm is 6' 3". Which is exactly my size as well.

I'm on the short side 5'7 and I've never had any problems with my height. I grew up with tall people, one of my best friends was always "the tallest" and ended up 6'7 and few others ended in the 6'2-6'4 range. There's definitely a lot of advantages when it comes to height but it's not exclusive to tall people. There are certain tasks where it looks unnecessarily difficult just because of excess height and for other tasks extra reach is vital. It goes both ways.

My agility is also very good, a part of it comes from being short but then again my agility is way above standard levels so it's not all about height. I think it's about how you live your life and use your body. If you don't take care of your body then no matter short or tall you'll have more restrictions.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

I'm 6' so I'm basically average height in the US but most of my friends are shorter. They're people too?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian