By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tall people, what do you think of shorter people?

Tall person, do you think shorter people are inferior?

yes and why not? 17 9.94%

yes 14 8.19%

no, not really 26 15.20%

no 66 38.60%

some times I have these feelings 9 5.26%

see results 34 19.88%

Other post below 5 2.92%

Total:171
S.Peelman said:

I don't know if I count in this thread, I'm 1.78m, which is pretty short here, everyone's taller than me, but when I was in Asia I did see the world in a whole new light.

Smaller than you and enjoyed Asia as well. That's a whole different experience in a busy subway for instance. Being able to look around instead of trying to dodge tall people's armpit odor.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
irstupid said:

191 is like 6' 5"

5'9" is not tall. Well it's tall for a girl, but a guy that is short.

1.8m is not short for men, I'm exactly that and I'm above average in height here, there is quite more men shorter than taller than me, but mostly, around my height (for example I'm the tallest man from my family but my father is 1.77m and my older brother 1.78m; also a similar case on my late rock group, was the tallest by a few centimeters from each of the other 4 guys, lol).

So 5'9'', aka as 1.8m, is not really short for men.

It is short for a lot of western countries. A lot of actors are considered short even though they might be 5'10". Like Sylvester Stallone (5'10"), Tom Cruise (5'7"), Brad Pitt (5'11"), Johnny Depp (5'10"), Robert Downey Jr (5'9") etc. And that compares to the hobbit Elijah Wood at just (5'6") and Daniel Radcliffe (5'5").

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

It is short for a lot of western countries. A lot of actors are considered short even though they might be 5'10". Like Sylvester Stallone (5'10"), Tom Cruise (5'7"), Brad Pitt (5'11"), Johnny Depp (5'10"), Robert Downey Jr (5'9") etc. And that compares to the hobbit Elijah Wood at just (5'6") and Daniel Radcliffe (5'5").

Maybe, but it looks to be the average for men, not the lower part.
It may be under the average on certain places, but overall it should be the average.

Pretty sure someone already did a research about it, it has to be, so maybe we just have to google it and know it XP

Just to clarify something, 180cm is 5.9 feet which translates to 5 feet 11 inches not 5'9". (Yes the imperial system makes no sense)

---

OT: I'm 6'5" or 195cm so most everybody I meet is shorter than me. I don't think I look down at them (figuratively of course, litterally I have to look down...) but I do get startled when I meet someone taller than me.

Signature goes here!

I am about 5,6, I am skinny so I seem quite tall...

Its annoying most guys I know are like 6 feet.

LadyJasmine said:

Why would that be annoying?

Around the Network

I'm 6'2, and weigh like 160 pounds. So I look very tall to most people.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

TallSilhouette said:
LadyJasmine said:

Why would that be annoying?

It just you feel so small around all the guys I know...

friends

family friends 

cousins

They are all like 6 feet or more,

barneystinson69 said:

6'2 and 160 pounds? Breh ...

Soundwave said:
barneystinson69 said:

6'2 and 160 pounds? Breh ...

Well actually 164lbs...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

spurgeonryan said:
COKTOE said:

My ID says 5 foot 11, but I think I'm about 5 foot 10 1/2. How tall are you?

I am actually short. 5' 7" I would say it is more ackward to be around someone who is "Giantly" tall. 3-5 inches in either direction does not make a difference, although people who are shorter than myself are extremely short, this goes for both males and females. But anyways, any taller than that then it is just awkward. 

That's slightly below average height for a white male. Not too short, but I'm thankful for every inch I have. ( that's what she said ) I have two very tall friends who hilariously dwarf me.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."