By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Depends. If someone just fully believes it with no ill intent they are free to be wrong. When I am told I made the wrong choice in getting a Switch over PSVR and they keep saying then yes as I feel that is baiting. Then a person makes a topic to try and force people to agree with them then ban them. If we just ban someone for being wrong on something then everyone on this forum would be banned. FTR I only read the poll title, not the posts. Too many pages to read.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Kerotan said:

Key point highlighted in bold. Would be harsh if a moderation came without any pre warning. 

Well, that also depends on the poster. Some are either beyond Warnings, or troublesome new accounts.

Have they been warned multiple times for this in the last few months? Or moderated multiple times? 

Otherwise I'd argue they are not beyond warnings. If you the approach you outlined despite what I said they the site basically favours new members over long term members who get punished for their long term past rather then be judged on their more medium to recent history. 

CGI-Quality said:
Kerotan said:

Have they been warned multiple times for this in the last few months? Or moderated multiple times? 

Otherwise I'd argue they are not beyond warnings. If you the approach you outlined despite what I said they the site basically favours new members over long term members who get punished for their long term past rather then be judged on their more medium to recent history. 

If you have a history of a behavior, and have been Moderated for it a number of times, (particularly a lot of times and moderations in close proximity to one another), it usually means that you are beyond Warnings. And, we treat new members the exact opposite of what you're saying. They have a harder time than a veteran, especially if they cause trouble. Check the rules again.

You're basically agreeing with me then. My point is that they should be judged on year's ago. So if they are good for th then last 5 months for example they deserve a few warnings. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Carl2291 said:
I voted yes in the poll.

I'd like to know who voted no, and their reasons for doing so.

I voted no. Moderating people just for being wrong is far too harsh and should never be done.

Now if they're wrong, reject all evidence against the thing they're saying and are a total tosspot about it... then it's fair to moderate them.

We're already moderating people for being morally wrong. Why not moderate for being factually wrong? If anything it's less harsher because it's a lot easier to get facts right than be morally right. Facts aren't as flexible as morals are so it's way easier to avoid missteps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I voted no. I wish there was an option for hell no.

Around the Network

How about people callin the Switch as a handheld, while Nintendo is calling it as a home console.

What is the facts there? Or is there anything wrong with this?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
How about people callin the Switch as a handheld, while Nintendo is calling it as a home console.

Well, that leads to many other problems. It's also a fact that it can be played as a handheld and that the handheld provides most of the components of the Switch. I'd say it's akin to North Korea calling themselves a democracy: do we count it as a democracy because they say it is, and denying that goes against the facts?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, that leads to many other problems. It's also a fact that it can be played as a handheld and that the handheld provides most of the components of the Switch. I'd say it's akin to North Korea calling themselves a democracy: do we count it as a democracy because they say it is, and denying that goes against the facts?

So you're saying Nintendo should be banned for claiming something contrary to the facts?

And North Korea if they ever show up on VGC

No, because I voted no.

If they repeatedly continue to make the claims and ignore any and all corrections, and cause disruption, then sure.

Jranation said:

That would mean we have to moderate Nintendo. Just calling something something doesn't make it a fact. A handheld gaming device has a pretty tight definition and Nintendo won't change that by calling an elephant a unicorn.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.