By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm fine with censoring Nazism myself.

So you should be proud of Germany censoring games such as Wolfenstein.

I didn't know that Wolfenstein promoted Nazism.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
HomokHarcos said:

So you should be proud of Germany censoring games such as Wolfenstein.

When you want to censor an idea like Nazism as you propose, one can go to any lengths to censor what they view to be promoting Nazism.

HomokHarcos said:
VGPolyglot said:

When you want to censor an idea like Nazism as you propose, one can go to any lengths to censor what they view to be promoting Nazism.

I can't go to any lengths because I don't have ultimate authority.

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's not a legit justification to censor people's opinions or attempt to control other's thoughts. 

I'm fine with censoring Nazism myself.

I think Nazism should be front and center so people can see how evil it is. We aren't killing enough Nazis in video games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Player2 said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's not a legit justification to censor people's opinions or attempt to control other's thoughts. 

*Points to the anti-vaccination movement*

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Again, my point still stands.

The most harmful kind of people are the ones who want to control other people and the way people think.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:

The most harmful kind of people are the ones who want to control other people and the way people think.

Does that mean the anti-vaccination movement needs to be stopped?

They don't want to control others.

RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:

They don't want to control others.

Huh? They want to prevent their children from receiving potentially life-saving vaccination and want to get it into other people's minds that vaccination is harmful.

That's no different the parents who get their kid to transition when it's 5. It's a matter of perspective. 

Aeolus451 said:
RolStoppable said:

Huh? They want to prevent their children from receiving potentially life-saving vaccination and want to get it into other people's minds that vaccination is harmful.

That's no different the parents who get their kid to transition when it's 5. It's a matter of perspective. 

So, what was your argument supposed to be again?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

This is a internet gaming forum where the majority of the opinions expressed are unsubstantiated. Not even the estimates are that trusted. Wanting to ban someone for having an unsubstantiated opinion kinda defeats the point of the forum. This isn't some forum on mathematical theory where it would make sense to have a requirement to back up everything.

We kinda devolved into giving examples of why it's okay or not okay to censor/weed out subjectively bad opinions.

Aeolus451 said:
Player2 said:

*Points to the anti-vaccination movement*

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong?

Well said. 

Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

This is a internet gaming forum where the majority of the opinions expressed are unsubstantiated. Not even the estimates are that trusted. Wanting to ban someone for having an unsubstantiated opinion kinda defeats the point of the forum. This isn't some forum on mathematical theory where it would make sense to have a requirement to back up everything.

We kinda devolved into giving examples of why it's okay or not okay to censor/weed out subjectively bad opinions.

Great Post. Should we ban ioi or machina everytime they get a sales estimate badly wrong? Haha.