By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are we all in agreement that Final Fantasy XV is awful crap?

Is FFXV awful crap?

Yes. 129 67.19%

Yes. 63 32.81%

Total:192

It's the lowest rated main line game period outside of XIV (not counting sequels). So there you go.

Around the Network

Why did you put a poll if you are telling people your opinion? More importantly why are you asking us to discuss YOUR opinion of the game without creating a constructive discussion? Why do you get to chose what people do an do not like?

I didn't care for what I've play at all myself and tend to agree with you, but I don't see the point of this thread with the way you presented yourself.

Though the whole hold circle or "b" is so dumb.... you can literally play most of the game with your eyes closed LMAO

Your posts are hilarious if read in Roger's voice. I have not played it. My friend may lend it to me soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

bigtakilla said:

It's the lowest rated main line game period outside of XIV (not counting sequels). So there you go.

So what if its the lowest rated in the series. 82 isnt awful crap. He is asking is it awful crap or not. 

I kinda despise it for all of the egregious quality of life errors it makes, endlessly, and the writing and story (and I did watch that movie before I played).

It feels anachronistic, so much of it comes across as a 2009 PS3/360 title.

Buuuut, the core of it is a pretty fun game that somehow manages to capture the essence of the classics, and it seems like a good base to build upon.

Overall, I'm ok with it, enjoying much of it, actually.

Around the Network

No, it was my first Final Fantasy and i enjoyed it. It has it's issues but its far from an awful game or even average.

I will hold on my score after my 3th playthrough its a solid 810 game. Also considering this is their first try on this type of style, if they improve the next game is a 1010 for sure.

Crap no. Great no. Good almost. Mediocre yes. Story feels unfinished. Characters feel rushed. World is small and dull. The Flying car is ass. Combat sucks. It can be fun. Some of the music is cool. Dungeons are fun. In 10 years I won't remember anything about it tho. FFXIII was shit. FFXII was really good. FFX..eh. FFIX last truly great FF game. WIthout the FF name FFXV would just be a half decent unkown RPG on PS4. With Tokyo Mirage Sessions,XCX,Persona 5,DQVII,Child of Light, Odin SPhere HD and more just so many RPGs this gen that are just much better games.

I started playing it last week. And liked it for a few hours. So that's some enjoyment I got out of it. But it got dull quick. A few hours in and I could already see the seams. And is sad, because there's potential in every aspect, but it falls short on everything. I had fell asleep a few times, no joke. I only have a few hours in but so far I can say that:

The world looks wonderful from afar, but it is indeed empty and very repetitive, reusing many assets over and over. Is nice to look at, but don't look too deep.

The only advantage XV's combat has over XIII is that it is not turn based, but it's still pure spectacle over substance. Is nice to look at, but don't look too deep.

Every other aspect of the game: Is nice to look at, but don't look too deep.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

You know, I've been thinking about it, and you're kinda right, somewhat, sometimes. The game is a fucking mess I'll tell you that much, a mess that's fun at times, and mildly entertaining at most points, but an incomplete, confused, shy mess nonetheless.

Original score: 6/10
Now: 4/10

I'm now filled with determination.