By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are we all in agreement that Final Fantasy XV is awful crap?

Is FFXV awful crap?

Yes. 129 67.19%

Yes. 63 32.81%

Total:192
Pinkie_pie said:
bigtakilla said:

XIII was aweful crap and it scored higher.

Lol so any game that scored lower than 13 is awful crap?

In terms of Final Fantasy, yeah.

Around the Network

It certainly looks like awful crap to me. I watched my roommate play for a while and it just looks horrible. Just watching the party run around in the open world makes me cringe. JRPGs are one of my favorite genres but even simply looking at the characters makes me cringe. The music that I heard was god awful. The battle system seemed shallow. This game makes me want to go play FF XIII again.

That being said, I just finished Xenoblade X so maybe that's why this game seems like crap to me.

i never played it and never watched trailers or lets plays of this games but i defineteli AGREEE!

I'm about 20 hours in and it's a bit of a mess. It shows promise at times, but it's clearly not a finished or coherent game.

No, I like it.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Pinkie_pie said:

So what if its the lowest rated in the series. 82 isnt awful crap. He is asking is it awful crap or not. 

XIII was aweful crap and it scored higher.

User score on XIII is lower. It just shows that reviewers are just out of touch. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

bigtakilla said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Lol so any game that scored lower than 13 is awful crap?

Or maybe the scores mean very little in the end and the contextual value of the scores seems to vary over the years. An 80 today means something different than an 80 for a game released a few years ago. 

I think a more telling poll would be straight up asking whether people thought XV was better than XIII since they'd be directly comparing them rather than looking at scores given that had a large gap in time between them.

Brii said:
bigtakilla said:

Or maybe the scores mean very little in the end and the contextual value of the scores seems to vary over the years. An 80 today means something different than an 80 for a game released a few years ago. 

I think a more telling poll would be straight up asking whether people thought XV was better than XIII since they'd be directly comparing them rather than looking at scores given that had a large gap in time between them.

Lol, how does an 80 today mean something different exactly? 

bigtakilla said:
Brii said:

Standards, trends, and methods for juding a game have changed. Simple as that. It's why indie games are given FAR more leniency than big AAA games. It's why simple phone games can get bafflingly high scores. Scoring methods need to evolve as the medium evolves.

Brii said:
bigtakilla said:

Standards, trends, and methods for juding a game have changed. Simple as that. It's why indie games are given FAR more leniency than big AAA games. It's why simple phone games can get bafflingly high scores. Scoring methods need to evolve as the medium evolves.

But judging a game SHOULD be based on the series standards. Say what you want about XIII, (it sucked after all) but it was still a well paced thought out cohesive game. It was just linear and filled with unlikable characters with a bad twist on the classic Final Fantasy music or lack of Final Fantasy music all together.

XV is a mess of a video game in pacing and story. It's like the Suicide Squad or Batman vs Superman of FF. It was one game Frankensteined to try to be what fans want and the seams are appearent and ugly.