By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Racist black teens torture white man live for supporting Trump

outlawauron said:
Ljink96 said:
Sad, but let's not act like the other side didn't do similar things. It's always news when it happens to a white man.

Eh, this just isn't true at all. There was a similar story about a student who harrassed an assaulted a black teammate. It made news headlines on every major outlet, while this isn't being reported nearly as much. But hey, someone did bad things before, so this is ok. Apparently.

Don't remember seeing that story like, at all. And I watch the news quite often. I used to intern at a RTV6 news station and the things I've seen and heard have altered my perspective on news stories and race forever. I'm not bitter, this is not okay, but I've uh...experienced things, let's just say that. 

Around the Network

I despise, HATE how much focus international press gives to anecdotal÷individual cases! With 7 000 000 000 people on the planet, you can bring across absolutely anything as evident through emotional examples. True individual stories are by far the greatest cause of the spread of misinformation. It

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Ljink96 said:
outlawauron said:

Eh, this just isn't true at all. There was a similar story about a student who harrassed an assaulted a black teammate. It made news headlines on every major outlet, while this isn't being reported nearly as much. But hey, someone did bad things before, so this is ok. Apparently.

Don't remember seeing that story like, at all. And I watch the news quite often. I used to intern at a RTV6 news station and the things I've seen and heard have altered my perspective on news stories and race forever. I'm not bitter, this is not okay, but I've uh...experienced things, let's just say that. 

Read my other comment. You should never build your opinions on news stories that you remember.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

RolStoppable said:
The Sun, huh? Isn't that yellow press?

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:

If yellow press means one that will sensationalise anything and everything they can get their hands on just for clicks/paper sales, then yes they most certainly are.

Lawlight said:
Funny thing is that the police is refusing to categorise that as a hate crime. And good luck getting the mainstream media to cover this.

Alright, here's a MSM link... https://t.co/26ENk3sNxA There, you happy now? 

Lawlight said:
setsunatenshi said:
breaking news, criminals committed a crime!

in other news, find out new scientific evidence that water is indeed wet. stay tuned...

A hate crime to be more precise. I expect Obama to make a statement about this soon. He's done it multiple times before.

Ahahahahahahaha... really? 

Oh Barry... 

RolStoppable said:

It doesnt count as yellow press if its true. 

Around the Network

Okay I see a lot of comments here saying this is evidence of racism, hate crimes, privilege etc not being exclusive to white people. But let's be real here and evidence the last 100+ years, I'm pretty sure segregation, slavery, and police brutality existed and still exists to this day besides organized slavery (in the USA). Don't jump on one story and assume its okay to say that white privilege doesn't exist.

With that said, this is a horrible incident and if it's true, I hope they get a lesson learned.

Lawlight said:
Funny thing is that the police is refusing to categorise that as a hate crime. And good luck getting the mainstream media to cover this.

It was in any mainstream newspaper in Belgium, I don't think they're sweeping this under the rug.

setsunatenshi said:
breaking news, criminals committed a crime!

in other news, find out new scientific evidence that water is indeed wet. stay tuned...

This.

palou said:

I despise, HATE how much focus international press gives to anecdotal÷individual cases! With 7 000 000 000 people on the planet, you can bring across absolutely anything as evident through emotional examples. True individual stories are by far the greatest cause of the spread of misinformation. It

And this.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's on the front page of the Toronto star too
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/01/05/four-in-custody-after-chicago-beating-broadcasted-on-facebook-live.html
Although I guess everything is on the front page online :)

I don't get this statement

Guglielmi acknowledged that the suspects made “terrible racist statements” during the assault, but that investigators believe the victim was targeted because he has “special needs,” not because of his race. Still, Guglielmi said authorities are looking at whether the attack falls under hate crimes statutes.

So targeting special needs is not a hate crime?

LivingMetal said:
RolStoppable said:

Let stop finding excuses to discredit an event just because it doesn't fuel one's political agenda.

Mr Stoppable has a political agenda? I may have to remove him from my pedestal. Shame really. About everything.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969