By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [FAKE] Rumor/Leaked: MK8 Switch will have a New Battle Mode, 24 Extra Tracks and 10 New Characters

They should add this stuff to the Wii U version and include cross platform play.

Around the Network

At first I liked the concept of fighting on an acutal track, but it was limited to like 4 stages. A real battle mode would definitely a good way to start.

bunchanumbers said:
They should add this stuff to the Wii U version and include cross platform play.

Their goal is  convincing people to buy a new system. If that is their goal, they won't nor should do what you suggested.

I would buy this Switch just for the new Battle Mode!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

They might as well call it mario kart 8 and 9.

Metroid33slayer said:
They might as well call it mario kart 8 and 9.

Maybe Nintendo could go the Splatoon route with MK and upgrade this 8.5 version to 9 with some big DLC/Update at the holiday 2017 and continue support on Splatoon fashion which proved to be very successfull.

Imagine a new possible DLC/Update with each coming holiday. One in 2017, then in 2018 and perhaps in 2019...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the MK 8 DLC will be part of those extras.
Still, that's good for me as i only bought part 1 of the DLC!

Luke888 said:
homer said:
It surely is counting the dlc as the added cups bringing the track count to 56. If not, then the total would be 72 tracks. That would be insane.

it really comes up to Nintendo, given the time between a MK game and another we know that a full MK game takes about 3 years to be made, in fact I predicted that a new MK game would come out in 2017 when the Switch was still known as the NX, if Nintendo doesn't feel the need for another MK I think that's completely possible they added 24 brand new tracks, otherwise if they plan on releasin MK9 later in the Switch lifecycle the new tracks are certainly 8

It will be much quicker than that because the engine and mechanics are being reused so they aren't starting from scratch.

Meh, let´s ocupy ourselves with other things and wait for the official news. This way we take annoying Twitter leaks out of the market and keep our sanity.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

twintail said:
So they couldnt bother patching the WiiU version?

Come on, always looking the bad side don't you? We didn't have enough with getting one of the very best best games of the gen (with free online) and 2 amazing dlc that extended the game content a 50% for 10 bucks in addition to a 200cc mode for free, nah, we now need to feel dissapointed because they are not including also all the content of the new Switch game on it, because that makes so much sense.

It's fake;