By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I was assaulted and I got robbed while I was walking to the subway

buy a knife 2 1.18%

buy pepper spray 40 23.67%

buy a gun 20 11.83%

buy a katana 20 11.83%

taekwondo and karate classes 36 21.30%

all of the above 51 30.18%

Total:169

Never been in such a situation myself, but I am certainly provoking it by walking at night and through a forest alone. I only got in a fight. If a sucker punch won't knock me out, then grab your legs and run. The guy who punched me in the face wished he would have done that...
Even if there's a group of people I would take them head on. But talking big is easier than done...
Depends on the situation and if you can stay calm in the right moment.

Pepper spray is a good weapon to have. Those guys expect you to grab your stuff out of a pocket and give it to them, so you can prepare your attack more easily. Just don't spray yourself.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
Areym said:
That blows. We can only hope that he gets cancer or hit by a truck that says cancer on the side, moral victory.

You shouldn't wish cancer on anyone that's fucked up. 

It's ok, I can say that, I'm a terrible person.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Peh said:
Never been in such a situation myself, but I am certainly provoking it by walking at night and through a forest alone. I only got in a fight. If a sucker punch won't knock me out, then grab your legs and run. The guy who punched me in the face wished he would have done that...
Even if there's a group of people I would take them head on. But talking big is easier than done...
Depends on the situation and if you can stay calm in the right moment.

Pepper spray is a good weapon to have. Those guys expect you to grab your stuff out of a pocket and give it to them, so you can prepare your attack more easily. Just don't spray yourself.

thanks for this, sounds like the perfect move

I think I speak for us all when I say we're just glad you didn't get hurt or worse.

KLAMarine said:

I think I speak for us all when I say we're just glad you didn't get hurt or worse.

thank you. I'm angry and sad, but I feel great because of that.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
COKTOE said:

Oh my god! You seem to be handling the situation rather well. Hope you are OK. I can empathize. I have been assaulted from behind while waiting for a ride. And had a night-long confrontation, starting with a guy trying to steal my bike, me driving him off, and culminating in getting stabbed in the back with a screwdriver by the same fucking guy. Getting pulled into that world suuuuucks. Rambling. Again. Just hope you can chill with friends/family, and are doing well in spite of what happened.

well I'm angry and I can't eat, even when I love food so not very well, just trying be positive and talk to people because I'm alone in my apt. while I wait for my worried family.

omg I will have to hang out with you because seems like you're a pro dealing with the assholes of this world

I have experience. Even beyond that shit. But still not really a pro TBH. I freaked right the fuck out afterward getting out of the ER. The went back in for 2 weeks shortly afterwards. I guess he didn't clean the screwdriver very well before stabbing me. Hanging some day would be cool. You could show me the PC ropes! I'm such a neophyte. But just be as safe and comfy as possible tonight. It'll help.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

self defense lessons are good. But I am sure I am will get shot down for this BUT, unless they are actually assaulting you just give them the money/purse/wallet whatever. More than a few people have been killed defending what are essentially replaceable belongings and you never know whether the thief has better skills or better weapons or is just more desperate than you, it just isn't worth it. On the other side if they are physically assaulting you then basic self defense is better than a weapon. goin, throat, eyes, feet are easily targeted with a little training.

nanarchy said:

self defense lessons are good. But I am sure I am will get shot down for this BUT, unless they are actually assaulting you just give them the money/purse/wallet whatever. More than a few people have been killed defending what are essentially replaceable belongings and you never know whether the thief has better skills or better weapons or is just more desperate than you, it just isn't worth it. On the other side if they are physically assaulting you then basic self defense is better than a weapon. goin, throat, eyes, feet are easily targeted with a little training.

Yeah... I feel a small bit like this, there was a person killed here in my town last month over fighting to stop the theft of a cheap mobile phone, such an awful thing to lose your life minding something which has a value so low.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Glad to hear you are ok, violence is a horrible thing. It's even worse when you try to live life as a nice person and someone does this to you and all you can think of is how you wish you could do harm to them. I think it goes through everyones minds after an event like this, could I done something else, was it my fault etc.

I've been very fortunate in my 44 years on this planet, only had a single incident about 20 years ago where I was punched in the face without even being aware I had upset someone, the same person also tried to knee me in the face as well, but fortunately missed, my friends just stood their and watched, and my best friend at the time, told me how he wanted to punch this guy in the face (but only after the guy had gone away).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I understand you can not pack heat in NY, but, how about a expandable baton?
I use it in my work and it can really put bad guys out of comission in 5 seconds.
You can get proeficient in it with very little training also.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.