By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I was assaulted and I got robbed while I was walking to the subway

buy a knife 2 1.18%

buy pepper spray 40 23.67%

buy a gun 20 11.83%

buy a katana 20 11.83%

taekwondo and karate classes 36 21.30%

all of the above 51 30.18%

Total:169

So, that shit also happens in the richest countries. I've had that situation once here as well. You feel like you're ready to kill afterwards.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
SkepticallyMinded said:
I'm not sure why you thought you were safe to walk alone at night. That's very naive or very stupid. This is a crippling experience for sure emotionally, but perhaps it's actually a blessing in disguise as in the future when you encounter someone looking for more than cash from you, you will be better prepared to handle the situation.

I hope this is your only interaction with such matters, but you need to make better decisions.

maybe your intentions are good so I'm just going to say that  was at 4 pm at downtown manhattan after a 12 hours shift and I was going from my work to my apt. Now in that scenario find the "naive, stupid or you need to make better decisions" part.

My apologies, I apparently misunderstood the scenario and invented a fiction. That being said, you live in a large city where things like this happen daily. Bare minimum protection ought to be a prerequisite - pepper spray, whistle.