By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I was assaulted and I got robbed while I was walking to the subway

buy a knife 2 1.18%

buy pepper spray 40 23.67%

buy a gun 20 11.83%

buy a katana 20 11.83%

taekwondo and karate classes 36 21.30%

all of the above 51 30.18%

Total:169

Buy a tazer it's very effective and causes no real trauma to a body unlike a knife. Anyway glad you are physically okay and taking some classes in a martial art can't hurt with all the crazy criminals out there. I'd you want to go full revenge and be a badass buy a Katana and take swordfighting lessons.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Do you know what he looks like?

Also don't look down when you're walking, they see that as an opportunity.

yeah, but a lot of people look like him here sadly.

I always walk listening to music, mistake I guess.

Qwark said:
Buy a tazer it's very effective and causes no real trauma to a body unlike a knife. Anyway glad you are physically okay and taking some classes in a martial art can't hurt with all the crazy criminals out there. I'd you want to go full revenge and be a badass buy a Katana and take swordfighting lessons.

Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:

Isn`t that more for if you want to go to jail for carrying a katana around rather than revenge?

I'll buy a customized umbrella katana

onionberry said:

So yeah, I have my own car but sometimes I just like to walk and take the train, the motherfucker grabbed my hair like when you grab a cat by the scruff and took my purse with a bunch of shit... and then he ran... and there I was crying like a little bitch :(

I'm ok now, but it's the first time that I experience that kind of violence, or any kind of violence. But I also feel that I wanna cut his dick and put it inside his ass, full of bullet ants. The first time that I experience that kind of hate. Sadly I can't do that but just the feeling is satisfying. I have crazy thoughts and now I wanna buy a knife, pepper spray and take karate or taekwondo classes, and I'm not even joking.

It's sad not because of the material stuff, but because I like to walk alone and now I feel like that mf took that from me, so yeah, *sniff sniff*. Anyway, thankfully I'm ok and nothing happened to me physically, so I guess that he was a polite piece of shit.

Knifes are messy sis, I have two words for you: KRAV MAGA.

If it keep the most hated country in the world safe, it shall keep you safe too.

Also, I know you guys are super modern and trendy and stuff, but consider doing a prayer before leaving home "Dear God, please keep me safe till I return, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen".

I know, I know, my hateful religious ways are hurting everyone and bla bla bla. But it is not like I am asking you to fast for 40 days or something, a little prayer would take 15 seconds of your time, and, at the worst, it will do you no harm.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Slade6alpha said:

Dude. MasterCeddy. That's no way to woo a lady, man.

Not that I know of a way though.

Perhaps he should be known as mastercreepy?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
S.Peelman said:

Dude. MasterCeddy. That's no way to woo a lady, man.

Not that I know of a way though.

Perhaps he should be known as mastercreepy?

Lol. XD

Poor guy, I'll stop now though. Got to stay classy myself.

WagnerPaiva said:
onionberry said:

So yeah, I have my own car but sometimes I just like to walk and take the train, the motherfucker grabbed my hair like when you grab a cat by the scruff and took my purse with a bunch of shit... and then he ran... and there I was crying like a little bitch :(

I'm ok now, but it's the first time that I experience that kind of violence, or any kind of violence. But I also feel that I wanna cut his dick and put it inside his ass, full of bullet ants. The first time that I experience that kind of hate. Sadly I can't do that but just the feeling is satisfying. I have crazy thoughts and now I wanna buy a knife, pepper spray and take karate or taekwondo classes, and I'm not even joking.

It's sad not because of the material stuff, but because I like to walk alone and now I feel like that mf took that from me, so yeah, *sniff sniff*. Anyway, thankfully I'm ok and nothing happened to me physically, so I guess that he was a polite piece of shit.

If it keep the most hated country in the world safe, it shall keep you safe too.

Also, I know you guys are super modern and trendy and stuff, but consider doing a prayer before leaving home "Dear God, please keep me safe till I return, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen".

I know, I know, my hateful religious ways are hurting everyone and bla bla bla. But it is not like I am asking you to fast for 40 days or something, a little prayer would take 15 seconds of your time, and, at the worst, it will do you no harm.

I'm a religious person so I understand what you're saying and I know that you don't wanna feel like you're preaching because that's "lame" in the internet but don't worry, even If I was not religious I would be grateful for your advice.

WagnerPaiva said:

Unfortunately a prayer isnt going to change anything. If it makes you feel better then great do it, but ultimately it wont change a thug trying to hurt you or steal from you. 

I also agree that knives is a bad idea. anything that you could potentiall use could in theory be used upon you, so careful consideration is very much needed. I think some form of self defence knowledge is the best bet, allowing you to get away from a bad situation, but weapons pontentially could put you in even more halms way if the person who is mugging you has some skill or strength and can turn it back onto you.

Wasnt there someone on VGC who was attacked with a knife and gave a very vivid account (I think they were from the UK in Cambridge), it was a horrible story.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I've been jumped more than a couple times.
First time I was 12 living in slumerville (somerville) and a bunch of 17 year olds on bikes jumped me and my friend and held knives to us while they searched our pockets. Thankfully, I had the good sense to throw all my shit quietly into a bush right when I saw them, so we didn't have anything to take.

Second time I was living in east boston, and got jumped by 3 spanish full grown adults who took my chinese food that I had picked up, and 20 dollars.
Third time was also in eastie, and some old lady hit me in the leg with her metal cane and grabbed me with such unusual strength and demanded money. But of course, I got free and called her a crazy bitch and then walked home.
Then again in the north end where I was selling a z of hash and had 3 knives pulled on me, and they took my shit and left. I later saw the same kids at a gas station but I was with some thug looking dudes, and told them what happened, and one of the kids came over and gave me 100$ and apologized and asked if we could squash it.

Getting attacked is so scary. And being attacked blindly is even scarier. Glad you're ok.