By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 18th - 25th 2016

Acevil said:
Kresnik said:

That's quite interesting.  So it's the leader of the systems that did kinda poorly but nowhere near the systems that did amazingly.  Almost in a middle ground of not-success-not-failure.  I suppose that's the best they can ask for at this point.

It is still strange, that people don't see what you wrote still. PS4 isn't doing no where near consoles of past that did amazing, it is keeping up with second place ps3. Honestly it might even fall behind around in march-april (Whenever PS3 passes the winter time of 2009) (Sony Ps3 around this time in its life recieved the slim/ff13 and sells more insanely than the ps4 did when it released both slim/ff15/pro.)

I dont know, the PS4 is getting more support than the PS3 (at least I think it is), and it isn't competing... well, against anything. I can see it ahead for a long time. I should check what you mean about winter 2009, though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Acevil said:

It is still strange, that people don't see what you wrote still. PS4 isn't doing no where near consoles of past that did amazing, it is keeping up with second place ps3. Honestly it might even fall behind around in march-april (Whenever PS3 passes the winter time of 2009) (Sony Ps3 around this time in its life recieved the slim/ff13 and sells more insanely than the ps4 did when it released both slim/ff15/pro.)

I dont know, the PS4 is getting more support than the PS3 (at least I think it is), and it isn't competing... well, against anything. I can see it ahead for a long time. I should check what you mean about winter 2009, though.

Fall-Winter 2009 (First Week of Septemeber to Last Week December above 1 million). I don't know if it will, PS4 can continue momentum of this holiday season, but if it drops to 20,000ish level I can see it possibly happening. Wish I knew what week last week of december 2009 was numbered. 

PS4 in beast mode. Will not fall behind anytime soon next year.  Excellent sales.  Only console up gen over gen on its predecessor.  In a supposedly dead market that's incredible.  The doomsayers proved wrong again! 

Image credit: 

Hiska-san on gaf. 

Kerotan said:

PS4 in beast mode. Will not fall behind anytime soon next year.  Excellent sales.  Only console up gen over gen on its predecessor.  In a supposedly dead market that's incredible.  The doomsayers proved wrong again! 

Image credit: 

Hiska-san on gaf. 

Damn PS4 is doing amazing! Much better than I thought back in early 2016!

leo-j said:
LurkerJ said:
What are these PS4s owners doing with their consoles? Abysmal software numbers

It's possible that they are going digital with software on certain IP, FF XV was the most downloaded game in Japan PSN history when it launched..... So maybe with PSN numbers the game could be much closer to a million already

Nah, they're watching the Japanese Netflix Originals content on them XD

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Kerotan said:

Image credit: 

Hiska-san on gaf. 

Damn PS4 is doing amazing! Much better than I thought back in early 2016!

It really is.  It's completely taken over the japanese home console market. 

It's kind of a hollow victory for the PS4, because the software sales are really not there, even Final Fantasy is not selling well.

Switch will overtake it quickly.

Soundwave said:
It's kind of a hollow victory for the PS4, because the software sales are really not there, even Final Fantasy is not selling well.

The software sales are there compared to PS3, just more spread out.

"Switch will overtake it quickly."...based on what?

The only way anyone can make claims like that is if they base their claims on fuckin nothing.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WC4Life said:
Soundwave said:

The software sales are there compared to PS3, just more spread out.

"Switch will overtake it quickly."...based on what?

The only way anyone can make claims like that is if they base their claims on fuckin nothing.

Probably how its also a handheld. If the Switch can get a new MH, AC, Pokemon very quickly then maybe. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Soundwave said:

Hahaha! Ps4 software sales are tracking ahead at retail.  Include digital and the lead is sizable.