By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - MTV hates on white men

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, sure. The "system"...

It is this that has allowed it to continue.

We ignore it, turn our back on it, wish it away, pretend it doesn't exist, fingers in the ears, claim its all imagined or perceived....and then when the results of our apathy and ignorance rear their head, we blame them for it.  And the cycle continues.

Yes, because there is no such thing. Unless, as another poster said you're talking about "affirmative action".

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Qwark said:

Sure there is but usually it's not enough of a big deal to care about to begin with. Like the fact that Asian characters are rarely seen in Western media and more than 75% of the cast is usually white. Marvel even added a fucking Android earlier to the avengers than an Asian person. Anyway it's things you and I couldn't care less about. Also many marriages happen between the same race which is also a form of systemic racism. Some people like to bitch about that stuff. Or that an Asian or a White male on average makes more money than a black person or a female without taking any other statistics in mind. God praise the wage gap.

Wrong. 

http://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net/newshour/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/film-diversity-1024x538.jpg

And just because people can choose who to marry doesn't mean that's "systemic racism". Also, is the Hulk Asian now?

And people are still pushing the wage gap myth?

In a seperate universe we have an Asian Hulk who enjoys to be the hulk for some reason. It's systemic racism because the majority of races only choosesomeone of their own race as significant other. Quite some times because it's more acceptable within our social circle. The wage gap is still a thing although more often used by feminists. But for job applications we in the Netherlands see that someone with a different cultural background (or woman) preferred for some functions, to increase diversity in companies.

A reaction to a problem which comes from the believe we live in a system we judge purely on skin colour or/and gender. In Sweden there is even a law that at least an x percentage of the company's top functions needs to be run by woman. Whether that believe is true or not is not up to me, but The Netherlands acts according that there is as for as job applications considered. Funny enough no one seems to care that males perform less and less during college.

I am not for these measures because if you look at other relative statistics there is a logical explanation for many odd figures, which do not point to racism or sexism. For instance in The Netherlands over 66% of the woman work parttime. For most top positions you need to work 40 hours a week at least. As for coloured people, I know plenty with a good job in The Netherlands because they have a good resume. Also those where not hired out of (misplaced) pitty. But we seem to believe the idea we live in a society where people on a large scale discriminate minorities and woman.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

Yes, because there is no such thing. Unless, as another poster said you're talking about "affirmative action".

And there it is.  You just did exactly what I said.  The cycle continues.

Sure, man. Sure...

Torillian said:
KLAMarine said:

You didn't answer my questions: Is it impossible that white pride is a "look at what European civilization has achieved through the arts and the sciences" sentiment? Is it similarly impossible that black pride is just as capable as enforcing a "we are better than you" mentality?

Additionally, is black pride incapable of reinforcing a resentment or hatred for whites?

Considering that for the majority of white pride is about white supremacy (based on the common definition and who participates), and the vast majority of black pride is not about black supremacy I feel like if you want to talk about white pride but don't want people to assume you are a white supremacist then you have to have a separate subdivision.  Say something like "I have white pride, but not the kind the KKK have that most people think of when you say white pride".  But if all you do is say "I have white pride, oh you think it's the kind like the KKK does well you're the racist really!" then you're just being a contrarian asshole.  It's disingenuous to use the term white pride and ignore it's common definition to substitute your own, and then be angry at people who assume you were meaning the common definition.  This is how I see this white pride argument used by alt right guys and its infuriatingly dishonest.  

Sorry to break your bubble... but I had countless conversations (some with friends) that basically condemened any pride on being white, male, straight, successfull or any other thing hated by progressist because neither of those were struggles or things they had any sympathy with. So it isn't a matter of explaining it is a pride on your background, achievements or family, because they will use the "just because it happens to you it doesn't deny that ....''.

Or even the famous "there isn't reverse racism, mysandry, heterophobia'', etc... because you are in a place of power... even if the person that is insulting you is a lesbian, black and fat CEO and you are a white, straight male janitor. They will use group judgement whenever possible to try and make you the wrong one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Torillian said:

Considering that for the majority of white pride is about white supremacy (based on the common definition and who participates), and the vast majority of black pride is not about black supremacy I feel like if you want to talk about white pride but don't want people to assume you are a white supremacist then you have to have a separate subdivision.  Say something like "I have white pride, but not the kind the KKK have that most people think of when you say white pride".  But if all you do is say "I have white pride, oh you think it's the kind like the KKK does well you're the racist really!" then you're just being a contrarian asshole.  It's disingenuous to use the term white pride and ignore it's common definition to substitute your own, and then be angry at people who assume you were meaning the common definition.  This is how I see this white pride argument used by alt right guys and its infuriatingly dishonest.  

Sorry to break your bubble... but I had countless conversations (some with friends) that basically condemened any pride on being white, male, straight, successfull or any other thing hated by progressist because neither of those were struggles or things they had any sympathy with. So it isn't a matter of explaining it is a pride on your background, achievements or family, because they will use the "just because it happens to you it doesn't deny that ....''.

Or even the famous "there isn't reverse racism, mysandry, heterophobia'', etc... because you are in a place of power... even if the person that is insulting you is a lesbian, black and fat CEO and you are a white, straight male janitor. They will use group judgement whenever possible to try and make you the wrong one.

Well that's a different idea.  Should ____ pride be for things that put you at a disadvantage and you had to overcome.  Some would view white pride as similar to "tall pride" or "rich pride".  Things that do define someone, but would be viewed by most to be mostly advantageous.  It depends on how you view it, I think pride in your background is fine such as "italian pride" but "white pride" isn' really the same because white people don't think of themselves as having a common background.  

Basically, there are two different types of ____ pride, either you rose up from something that was disadvantageous to you, or you're celebrating your culture.  White people don't have a commonn culture so the latter doesn't make sense, and white people weren't as a disadvantage in America so the former doesn't make sense.  So you're just left with the KKK version.  

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

Nobody is saying an individual, regardless of race, gender, sexual prefernce, religion, etc..., cannot be a hateful, bigot full of prejudice, spite, discrimination, apathy, animosity and misplaced angst.   There are individual and institutional versions of each but they often mean or apply to different things depending upon context.  Reverse racism just means discrinimation and bigotry by a minority invidual.  You can say it's all sementics but it helps understand the other side better when you realize the differences.

I do realize the difference, but what SJW pretend to be blind of is that not only minorities are biggoted againsted some majorities they are also biggoted against other minorities or even their one. And also there are several minority groups that are basically bigotry originator.

Torillian said:
DonFerrari said:

Well that's a different idea.  Should ____ pride be for things that put you at a disadvantage and you had to overcome.  Some would view white pride as similar to "tall pride" or "rich pride".  Things that do define someone, but would be viewed by most to be mostly advantageous.  It depends on how you view it, I think pride in your background is fine such as "italian pride" but "white pride" isn' really the same because white people don't think of themselves as having a common background.  

Basically, there are two different types of ____ pride, either you rose up from something that was disadvantageous to you, or you're celebrating your culture.  White people don't have a commonn culture so the latter doesn't make sense, and white people weren't as a disadvantage in America so the former doesn't make sense.  So you're just left with the KKK version.  

On the first part, I'm sorry but what I mostly commonly see is just a person being proud of who he/she is but isn't accepted just because there isn't perceived disadvantages on being he, and on that I see internalized racism from the people that say they are fightning racism because they are the first one to think being black, woman or gay is a disadvantage that need everybody else to help overcome.

Well even Black people doesn't have a common culture, there are like hundreds of different tribes and cultures in Africa and most black descendants doesn't even now from which tribe they really are up. So most of the "black culture" is an amalgamation of several costumes of different parts of Africa, not much different than what would be a white culture in western culture.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

bouzane said:

The Arabs, Moors, Persians, Timurids, Huns and Mongols slaughtered and enslaved tens of millions of white people (without provocation I might add), erased much of their history and culture and wrought untold destruction in Europe. By your flimsy logic their descendants should be held accountable for these crimes correct? I hate to break it to you but all of this occured before colonialism.

Edit: I'm shocked by the social justice mindset that some of this site's users have fallen into. It's such a laughable ideology I can not fathom how anybody can be fooled so easily by it.

I honestly don't know what SJW is but all I know is that I have self worth.  I think its like if you aren't a straight white male and you have self worth, you are considered SJW.  Or something like that.  I've been called all sorts of niggers and even spat on.  So, if I am offened by this am I now a SJW?  Guys, I'm never gonna accept that its okay for me or anyone to be treated this way and I'm not gonna just die to make your guys happy.  If you ignore that white people have an large capacity for racism (just as many other groups) then fine, but don't disrepect people when it happens to them.  I'm really disappointed by the bully culture on theis and other sites that seeks to go after victims or dismiss them like their worthless.  I think the only way to get my point across is to be honest about whats happened to me and to hope that I'm not secretly having convos with soulless machines that just seem like people.