By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - MTV hates on white men

Lawlight said:
jardesonbarbosa said:
Just by reading this thread, I totally can see why someone would hate on white guys.

No, it just goes on to show how prejudiced you are.

Me? I never said I hate white guys. But there's enough content here to hate for ages. And it's funny how some white men here, whom will never ever have to face 1% of the struggles that women or poc have to face daily, for exemple, and probably will never even understand what are those struggles, like to play the victm card. Oh my god the mainstrain media hates you, what happened to this world, right? You just invented everything and we should be gratuful and be in our corner facing our inferiority because we would be nothing without you.

The reason why "white pride" often bothers people it's because it's associeted with stuff like KKK and again, you don't even have to leave this thread to see why it's associed with stuff like KKK. But of course "white pride" is not racism, it's not their fault they're just... superior to anyone else, why can't other ethnicities get over it?

I guess I should feel bad for the poor white man that is suffering right now because MTV made a lame video that is not even that bad to begin with. Lemme put the hashtag #whitemenlivesmatter on Twitter.

Around the Network
jardesonbarbosa said:
Lawlight said:

Me? I never said I hate white guys. But there's enough content here to hate for ages. And it's funny how some white men here, whom will never ever have to face 1% of the struggles that women or poc have to face daily, for exemple, and probably will never even understand what are those struggles, like to play the victm card. Oh my god the mainstrain media hates you, what happened to this world, right? You just invented everything and we should be gratuful and be in our corner facing our inferiority because we would be nothing without you.

The reason why "white pride" often bothers people it's because it's associeted with stuff like KKK and again, you don't even have to leave this thread to see why it's associed with stuff like KKK. But of course "white pride" is not racism, it's not their fault they're just... superior to anyone else, why can't other ethnicities get over it?

I guess I should feel bad for the poor white man that is suffering right now because MTV made a lame video that is not even that bad to begin with. Lemme put the hashtag #whitemenlivesmatter on Twitter.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the white straight male who has had it so hard lately.

The world is so PC, it's digusting. But how dare them evil SJW's say bad things about the white straight male? We should definitely do something about that.

jardesonbarbosa said:
Lawlight said:

You don't need to say it - it's very clear that you hate them.

And your argumnent fails because it's not just hate from the mainstream media that white men face. Another example would be when applying for jobs. If the liberals hate white men so much, do you think it would be restricted to the media? Of course not.

No wonder there is so much division these days - SJWs are hellbent on hating a segment of the population because of their gender and skin colour.

SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

I doubt hubris is limited to only a single shade of skin color.

Is it impossible that white pride is a "look at what European civilization has achieved through the arts and the sciences" sentiment? Is it similarly impossible that black pride is just as capable as enforcing a "we are better than you" mentality?

Of course it's not limited to a single skin color.  However, we're not talking about pride in historical European scientific discovery and artistic expression when you talk about white pride.  

Google white pride and black pride and you tell me what you find.   The former provides results heavily founded in hubris and hate (practically nothing on European science and art).  The latter about rising up and succeeding against systemic institutions designed to oppress.

You didn't answer my questions: Is it impossible that white pride is a "look at what European civilization has achieved through the arts and the sciences" sentiment? Is it similarly impossible that black pride is just as capable as enforcing a "we are better than you" mentality?

Additionally, is black pride incapable of reinforcing a resentment or hatred for whites?

My ancestors moved from Germany to America in like 1900 or so.

But being a white male and being from Germany, I'm sure people would like to blame me for not only Slavery but the Holocaust. I mean, let's not go into the fact that slavery was well abolished by that time and my grandparents also fought in the World Wars against Germany.

But we all know that me just saying that is me being racists, right? It's the same as me saying "I can't be racists cause I have black friends", right?

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
KLAMarine said:

You didn't answer my questions: Is it impossible that white pride is a "look at what European civilization has achieved through the arts and the sciences" sentiment? Is it similarly impossible that black pride is just as capable as enforcing a "we are better than you" mentality?

Additionally, is black pride incapable of reinforcing a resentment or hatred for whites?

Not really on either account.  White European science and art of histroy were not moments of excellence that arose out of a system that oppressed them for being white.  To have pride in that history, science or art, is to have pride in the achievements themselves...not because the person that did it was an oppressed white.  Being white was not a relevant factor in the achievement.

A black person whose black pride is founded on a 'my race is better than your race' mentality is not common and certainly not in line with the black pride movement.  Nobody us saying a black person can't be a bigot or prejudice.   Only that the sources for having pride in ones race is very different for black and white (in the US).

This will vary from person to person. Let's not assume the definitions for 'white pride' and 'black pride' are set in stone.

irstupid said:
My ancestors moved from Germany to America in like 1900 or so.

But being a white male and being from Germany, I'm sure people would like to blame me for not only Slavery but the Holocaust. I mean, let's not go into the fact that slavery was well abolished by that time and my grandparents also fought in the World Wars against Germany.

But we all know that me just saying that is me being racists, right? It's the same as me saying "I can't be racists cause I have black friends", right?

I...no? Why would? Has anyone ever accused you of being racist for saying the holocaust wasn't your fault? Have you ever had to say the Holocaust wasn't your fault? Because that's a weird conversation...

Anyways, That MTV video is in super bad taste and I agree that people would have lost their god damn minds if it were about another race of people. But at the same time...who gives a shit? I think that's the part a lot of people who are especially sensitive about racism against white people seem to miss. Being white has never negatively impacted the vast majority of our lives in any meaningful way.

If you're white, being white largely isn't something you have to think about on a daily basis. It just doesn't come into play like it does for a lot of minorities. So when someone makes a stupid, racist, video about white people it isn't perpetuating a mindset that has historically damaged us.

So sure, is it dumb and bad? Yes. Does it really matter outside of people going "See! Look at how hard WHITE people have it!" on the internet? No.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

o

Mr Puggsly said:
Chris Hu said:
Alex Jones and all his retarded followers and associates make terrible videos not gonna watch it. That being said MTV has been terrible for years since its no longer about music and music videos.

I see Gavin pretty regularly on Redeye, he's not the Alex Jones kind of right winger.

I don't care what kind of right winger he is I hate all right wingers and especially all the ones that are associated with that crazy conspiracy nut and snake oil salesman Alex Jones.

Mr Puggsly said:
Chris Hu said:
Alex Jones and all his retarded followers and associates make terrible videos not gonna watch it. That being said MTV has been terrible for years since its no longer about music and music videos.

I see Gavin pretty regularly on Redeye, he's not the Alex Jones kind of right winger.

I don't care what type of right winger he is.  I hate all right wingers especially the ones that are associated with that crazy conspiracy nut and snake oil salesman Alex Jones.

KLAMarine said:
SpokenTruth said:

Not really on either account.  White European science and art of histroy were not moments of excellence that arose out of a system that oppressed them for being white.  To have pride in that history, science or art, is to have pride in the achievements themselves...not because the person that did it was an oppressed white.  Being white was not a relevant factor in the achievement.

A black person whose black pride is founded on a 'my race is better than your race' mentality is not common and certainly not in line with the black pride movement.  Nobody us saying a black person can't be a bigot or prejudice.   Only that the sources for having pride in ones race is very different for black and white (in the US).

This will vary from person to person. Let's not assume the definitions for 'white pride' and 'black pride' are set in stone.

This is very true. Also, I think  white pride is different because white people tend to identify themselves more specifically than just as "white". So it normally wouldn't be white pride as much as it would be Italian, or Irish, or German, pride.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.