By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: Let it be a arms race

deskpro2k3 said:
why does Metal Gear Solid comes to mind when I read this.

I wouldn't mind having a MGS VI where you need to defeat Trump.

Imagine the creativity they can put into it. Maybe make a side-story of you killing Hillary too for the lulz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Cold Wars again

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

RolStoppable said:

SpokenTruth said:

Oh, they are afraid of Trump alright.   But they are already that regardless of any nuclear arsenal expansions. 

One must ponder what exactly can 10,000 nuclear warheads do that our current 7,000+ cannot?  How much of a difference that does that make on the fears of our enemies (and allies who will become enemies on a Trump whim)?

It's not about the tally of nuclear weapons, it's about the USA being taken seriously again. People just laugh at Obama for such things as what happened a few days ago where he signed a bill or something about religious freedom for atheists worldwide.

Look at how not using the USA veto on the Israel UN resolution is seen very positive in the rest of the world whereas the election of Trump made the rest of the world laugh at the USA. I think you have a very wrong picture of what the rest of the world thinks about the USA.

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

Who!?  Obama!!??  ha ha haaaa.

Indeed. American democrats are living in a bubble.

No. You are livig in a bubble world, constructed of right wing media and Bible-thumping communities. Republicans want to believe that Obama is hated abroad, but the argument is completely false. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received strong ratings abroad, particularly among the US allies in Europe and Asia-Pacific.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

Remember folks, this is real life.

Around the Network

Respect and fear are different things. People respected the US considerably more than they will under Trump.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

RolStoppable said:
Lefil said:

No. You are livig in a bubble world, constructed of right wing media and Bible-thumping communities. Republicans want to believe that Obama is hated abroad, but the argument is completely false. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received strong ratings abroad, particularly among the US allies in Europe and Asia-Pacific.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

That's a different subject now. We were talking about Obama being the greatest president the USA ever had.

Do you think he was? Then provide reasons why.
Do you disagree? Then it shouldn't bother you when such a statement is being mocked.

Yes, he is the best US president for me. Obama is the first sitting US president who visited Hiroshima. As a Hiroshima resident, I will be forever grateful for his compassion and dignity. Republican could never do what Obama did.

RolStoppable said:
palou said:

Building more nukes at this point only makes Trump look like a moron. They're useless, expensive and dangerous, and everyone knows it. Maybe he might succeed in aliniating some american allies.

Gosh, you people who take everything Trump says literally. On one hand it's annoying, but on the other hand it's exactly the reason why Trump is so good. People who don't like him believe pretty much everything he says. He doesn't need to build more nukes because merely saying that he will is going to be treated as the exact same thing.

So, basically, we should approach Trump like we approach the Bible. Only some things that are said are actually true and others are just "metaphors". Good thing the Bible isn't interpreted a million different ways!

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:

Who!?  Obama!!??  ha ha haaaa.

Indeed. American democrats are living in a bubble.

As much as the Republican narrative nowadays is that Obama is "one of the worst presidents in history", his rank shifts between 15th and 18th, in terms of historical rankings (Bush II is 39th, for reference). If Trump ends up at least 1/2 as much of a fuck up as he's currently making himself out to be before he's even inaugurated, Obama could very well get bumped up a few spots. 

What "bubble" are people living in where an around top 15 president isn't considered great? It's American republicans that live in the bubble and think he's awful no matter what. Because the overall American populace thinks he's pretty damn good, and so does the world abroad, as proven by a prior comment. 

RolStoppable said:
Lefil said:

That's a different subject now. We were talking about Obama being the greatest president the USA ever had.

Do you think he was? Then provide reasons why.
Do you disagree? Then it shouldn't bother you when such a statement is being mocked.

Well its pretty obvious. He pretty much saved the US from economic disaster, saved thousands upon thousands of jobs, insured millions and did all this with grace against a GOP controlled house and senate that hated him and his wife.