By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: Let it be a arms race

KingofTrolls said:

1. Wishful thinking. Every country's nuclear production capabilities are limited, this is simply impossible for USA to produce almost 10k nuclear warheads in lets say 4 years term.

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Non-Proliferation_of_Nuclear_Weapons

As u can see, 2 states ( USA and Russia ) have like 95% of all nukes and they agree on not use them.

Trump never agreed to that and he doesn't feel bound by anything someone else agreed to .. well he doesn't even feel bound by things he himself agreed to

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
palou said:

So what, exactly, do you think that Trump meant when he said that the US «must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability»? If he doesn't actually push for it when in Presidency, then fine. If he does, then he is a moron.

He meant "The USA are the most powerful country in the world and I assure you that it's going to stay that way. Know your place, bitches."

You really think the Chinese are now just going to go "oh OK Mr. American Joe, now we build nukes no more!", I would say such a climate encourages more militarization of other countries not less. 

Lafiel said:
KingofTrolls said:

1. Wishful thinking. Every country's nuclear production capabilities are limited, this is simply impossible for USA to produce almost 10k nuclear warheads in lets say 4 years term.

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_the_Non-Proliferation_of_Nuclear_Weapons

As u can see, 2 states ( USA and Russia ) have like 95% of all nukes and they agree on not use them.

Trump never agreed to that and he doesn't feel bound by anything someone else agreed to .. well he doesn't even feel bound by things he himself agreed to

Yeah I think he has either a borderline multiple personality disorder or some kind of extreme combination of hyper-narcissism combined with insecurity, which is a fairly bizarre mix. 

You just know that Alec Baldwin SNL impression of him is burning his soul. 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

You really think the Chinese are now just going to go "oh OK Mr. American Joe, now we build nukes no more!", I would say such a climate encourages more militarization of other countries not less. 

Why would other countries engage in an arms race they can't win?

If I'm China, I'm investing more into my military, not less. If the US chooses to have a more antagonistic posture, it will be replied to in kind. 

You think the people around the world just cower at the US, but lets also look at some reality here ... the US has not won a war clean and full out since arguably Japan in the 1940s and that required two nuclear bombs to be dropped. In Vietnam, the US dropped 260 million cluster bombs, sprayed Agent Orange indscriminantly cause horrific birth defects, burned villages with women and children alive ... and those people still fought the US tooth and nail for every inch and refused to submit. 

US huffing and puffing does not deter other countries, pride in one's country is not some sole domain of the United States. This is a cartoony world view. 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

Why would other countries engage in an arms race they can't win?

The US can't win a nuclear arms race, either. There is no arms race. It's purely diplomatic/economical, everyone (I hope) knows that getting weapons involved is stupidity.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Soundwave said:

Or more likely Trump just says whatever pops into his head at any given moment. And then afterwards "just joking" is the standard go to. 

Personally I think he is addicted to attention in effect. He needs to say something crazy/outlandish every couple of weeks. fortunately he will never have a mod  job that has higher requirements and demands on it then that. 

That sounds a lot like a certain user on vgchartz holy cow dude. Only that in vgchartz he will never became a mod, i imagine a trump situation if this member gets someday moderation powers like some wanted xD

Nope, I stand by what I say and have zero interest in being a mod. Having to clean up some of the trainwreck threads here? Yeah, no thanks, maybe if I got paid to do it. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Soundwave said:

Nope, I stand by what I say and have zero interest in being a mod. Having to clean up some of the trainwreck threads here? Yeah, no thanks, maybe if I got paid to do it. 

I am not talking about you lol

Aha, lol, sorry misread the comment, trying to watch the game while surfing the net is probably not the best idea. 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

If I'm China, I'm investing more into my military, not less. If the US chooses to have a more antagonistic posture, it will be replied to in kind. 

You think the people around the world just cower at the US, but lets also look at some reality here ... the US has not won a war clean and full out since arguably Japan in the 1940s and that required two nuclear bombs to be dropped. In Vietnam, the US dropped 260 million cluster bombs, sprayed Agent Orange indscriminantly cause horrific birth defects, burned villages with women and children alive ... and those people still fought the US tooth and nail for every inch and refused to submit. 

US huffing and puffing does not deter other countries, pride in one's country is not some sole domain of the United States. This is a cartoony world view. 

If I was China, I wouldn't. It would make no sense. If another country will up the ante under the condition that my country invests more into military forces, then the money is better spent elsewhere.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I am not talking about you lol

Failure to put 1+1 together like usual.

Getting insulted and having it fly over your head is better? lol. 

I think Rol just started by playing with you, but then he ended up with the most reasonable analysis of Trump's statement on arms race: that it's all about sending a strong message. Very good Rol!

why does Metal Gear Solid comes to mind when I read this.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5