By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: Let it be a arms race

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

lol, which country would not have given an order to go find Bin Laden in similar circumstances. The Bush adminstration is the one that went off to Iraq to fight a war against a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, and for all that military flexing and all the bombs dropped in the Middle East, do we have any more peace to show for it today? Did Russia not walk right into Georgia under Bush?

A least IMO Obama avoided sending troops to Syria, as bad as the situation is, it would've been worse in the long run with direct US involvement. 

The only relevance Bush had to this thread was your wrong Obama example. I am not interested in discussing what else that idiot did.

Of course Obama avoided sending troops to Syria. He is a wuss, after all. Not that it was the wrong decision in this specific case, but Obama simply was the embodiment of a neutered USA. That's the entire point here. Obama's response to other countries building nuclear weapons would be "please don't do it" while Trump is much more aggressive with his "I dare you to do it." The latter is better for world peace, because out of all countries with nuclear weapons, the USA remain the most trustworthy. If they scare the rest of the bunch, good.

This is largely the message received by most of Trump supporters. The thought was that Obama was weak and showed his weakness to other nations that has made the US seems not as powerful. Trump is essentially the opposite in that as he's not beating around the bush. I'm surprised that you're the only person here to present that viewpoint though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
RolStoppable said:

The only relevance Bush had to this thread was your wrong Obama example. I am not interested in discussing what else that idiot did.

Of course Obama avoided sending troops to Syria. He is a wuss, after all. Not that it was the wrong decision in this specific case, but Obama simply was the embodiment of a neutered USA. That's the entire point here. Obama's response to other countries building nuclear weapons would be "please don't do it" while Trump is much more aggressive with his "I dare you to do it." The latter is better for world peace, because out of all countries with nuclear weapons, the USA remain the most trustworthy. If they scare the rest of the bunch, good.

This is largely the message received by most of Trump supporters. The thought was that Obama was weak and showed his weakness to other nations that has made the US seems not as powerful. Trump is essentially the opposite in that as he's beating around the bush. I'm surprised that you're the only person here to present that viewpoint though.

A lot of Americans only understand WWE style theaterics unfortunately. It's not enough to be tough, you have to stand on moutain top with a loud speaker saying over and over again you're the toughest. 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

Which lunatics? Who is there even left to have an arms race with? ISIS drive around in used Toyota Trucks and many on freaking horseback, they don't even have a fleet of tanks let alone an air force, let alone a navy, let alone a nuclear aresenal, Ethiopia has a larger standing army. 

Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and others who may toy around with the development of nuclear weapons. Nobody fears or even respects a USA that has a mentality of "please don't do this."

More Nukes won't help for that. A hundred is plenty enough - the US already has several thousand,   And is having problems managing those, which poses a very serious national security threat. The US can eliminate 99% of the world population with ease. Killing them 5 times over isn't more threatening. This is moronic.

China also has a few hundred Nukes. Even if the US sends more nukes, everyone will be dead regardless. And China knows this, in contrary to Trump/the US (no first use policy).

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

This is largely the message received by most of Trump supporters. The thought was that Obama was weak and showed his weakness to other nations that has made the US seems not as powerful. Trump is essentially the opposite in that as he's beating around the bush. I'm surprised that you're the only person here to present that viewpoint though.

Well, there you go. Now you Americans know that Obama was perceived as a wuss by the rest of the world too.

I'm sure now the rest of the world will just fall in line because Trump is so "tough". Russia is probably secretly already laughing their ass off at how they're playing Trump, those sanctions were hurting them bad. 

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:

Well, there you go. Now you Americans know that Obama was perceived as a wuss by the rest of the world too.

Building more nukes at this point only makes Trump look like a moron. They're useless, expensive and dangerous, and everyone knows it. Maybe he might succeed in aliniating some american allies.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
RolStoppable said:

Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and others who may toy around with the development of nuclear weapons. Nobody fears or even respects a USA that has a mentality of "please don't do this."

And of those 4, the US already has more nuclear weapons than all four combined

Not true. 

United States 1,750 / 6,970[1] 16 July 1945 ("Trinity") Signatory[10] Nuclear triad[11]

Russia 1,790 / 7,300[1] 29 August 1949 ("RDS-1") Ratifier[10] Nuclear triad[12]

United Kingdom 150 / 215[1] 3 October 1952 ("Hurricane") Ratifier[10] Sea-based[13][nb 2]

France 290 / 300[1] 13 February 1960 ("Gerboise Bleue") Ratifier[10] Sea and air-based[14][nb 3]

China n.a. / 260[1] 16 October 1964 ("596") Signatory[10] Suspected nuclear triad.[15][16]

RolStoppable said:
palou said:

Building more nukes at this point only makes Trump look like a moron. They're useless, expensive and dangerous, and everyone knows it. Maybe he might succeed in aliniating some american allies.

Gosh, you people who take everything Trump says literally. On one hand it's annoying, but on the other hand it's exactly the reason why Trump is so good. People who don't like him believe pretty much everything he says. He doesn't need to build more nukes because merely saying that he will is going to be treated as the exact same thing.

This is such a phony cop out. So basically he can say whatever he wants and afterwards say "just joking! lulz" and there's zero accountability for anything said, right? This is how the presidency works now? 

Has everyone lost it? I ask, what is the point when you already have 15 times more than is needed?
US probably has enough already to destry the planet a few times over... why does it need more?

its a waste of money is what it is.

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

This is such a phony cop out. So basically he can say whatever he wants and afterwards say "just joking! lulz" and there's zero accountability for anything said, right? This is how the presidency works now? 

Nope, that's not what it means. It's just a reminder that people should think about whether things Trump says will actually become reality.

If Trump said that he is going to pass a law that every male American above the age of 21 has to have sex with a sheep once a month, then many people who vote for the Democrats would be up in arms and some of them would say that it's a real bummer because they prefer goats.

Or more likely Trump just says whatever pops into his head at any given moment. And then afterwards "just joking" is the standard go to. 

Personally I think he is addicted to attention in effect. He needs to say something crazy/outlandish every couple of weeks. Unfortunately he now has a job that has higher requirements and demands on it then that. 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

Nope, that's not what it means. It's just a reminder that people should think about whether things Trump says will actually become reality.

If Trump said that he is going to pass a law that every male American above the age of 21 has to have sex with a sheep once a month, then many people who vote for the Democrats would be up in arms and some of them would say that it's a real bummer because they prefer goats.

So what, exactly, do you think that Trump meant when he said that the US «must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability»? If he doesn't actually push for it when in Presidency, then fine. If he does, then he is a moron.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva: