By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: Let it be a arms race

Lefil said:
RolStoppable said:

Indeed. American democrats are living in a bubble.

No. You are livig in a bubble world, constructed of right wing media and Bible-thumping communities. Republicans want to believe that Obama is hated abroad, but the argument is completely false. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received strong ratings abroad, particularly among the US allies in Europe and Asia-Pacific.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

lol at <10 approval of Bush in Spain. Expecting Trump to make the numbers decrease even more

I'm just wondering why Spain is getting lower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Trump is saying a whole lot of nothing because this program has already begun under Obama in order to maintain nuclear parity with Russia and China (hence Putin's reply that Trump's comment was not out of line). The danger of nuclear war is not necessarily high from the US or Russia because MAD makes nuclear weapons impractical but from rogue nations such as North Korea that have nothing to lose.

RolStoppable said:

The Bush administration gave the order to find Bin Laden, that's what counts. You can't assign Bin Laden's death as an accomplishment of Obama when it is merely a consequence of what the president before him did. You tried to use Bin Laden as an example of Obama not being a wuss when all Obama did was to report that Obama had been caught.

Funny you argue this when most republicans here in USA bitch and moan about how Obama fucked up Iraq by sending our troops home when it was Bush Jr that signed the treaty to withdraw armed forces due to the Iraqis not wanting to give US troops protection from being prosecuted for war crimes.  So somehow it is Obama's fault for an agreement that was made before he was even elected into office.  This is besides the facts that Bush Jr and team lied about claims trying to somehow pin 9/11 onto Saddam and had little to no plans on a transition process.

What is the deal in making thousands of nuclear weapons when you can't use even 100?

Swordmasterman said:
What is the deal in making thousands of nuclear weapons when you can't use even 100?

kind of like having a 30 inch dong 

You're rarely gonna need that much, but you keep it just for the sake of intimidation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Lefil said:
RolStoppable said:

Indeed. American democrats are living in a bubble.

No. You are livig in a bubble world, constructed of right wing media and Bible-thumping communities. Republicans want to believe that Obama is hated abroad, but the argument is completely false. Throughout his terms in office, Obama has received strong ratings abroad, particularly among the US allies in Europe and Asia-Pacific.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/29/as-obama-years-draw-to-close-president-and-u-s-seen-favorably-in-europe-and-asia/

I don't think anyone has said he's hated abroad. The criticism is that he's seen as weak. That has nothing to do with his approval rating in European countries where that type of leader is more popular.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wonder who will win between  Kim Jong Un and Trump if both of them play Civilization 6 games.

outlawauron said:
Lefil said:

I don't think anyone has said he's hated abroad. The criticism is that he's seen as weak. That has nothing to do with his approval rating in European countries where that type of leader is more popular.

How is Trump strong? We all know by now that Trump has extraordinarily thin skin. He has shown many times that he will freak out if someone offends him in any way, and that he will never forget. And he tends to get very desperate when someone does.  I can tell you that Trump is seen as an angry child trying to p!$$ off adults. 

RolStoppable said:
palou said:

Building more nukes at this point only makes Trump look like a moron. They're useless, expensive and dangerous, and everyone knows it. Maybe he might succeed in aliniating some american allies.

Gosh, you people who take everything Trump says literally. On one hand it's annoying, but on the other hand it's exactly the reason why Trump is so good. People who don't like him believe pretty much everything he says. He doesn't need to build more nukes because merely saying that he will is going to be treated as the exact same thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/24/donald-trump-says-wants-expand-us-nuclear-arsenal-make-top-pack/

He is staying by that claim. I do believe that the probability that he actually means it is rising. For the very least, he'll be freezing disarmement efforts made previously, which is still shit. The US has too many nukes, and that's not disputable, currently. 

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

The nukes aren't there to protect the United States against foreign threats, it's there as a measure against internal threats I'd say. If the government is on the verge of collapse they can ramp up the fear of nukes being in an unstable country in order to suppress revolt and increase counter-revolutionary action.