By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Rogue One- A Star Wars Story movie discussion (spoilers)

I just saw it,  id probably give it a 5/10. Im not a star wars fan mind you but it was way too predictable and boring at times.  Plus the main chicks dad dying in her arms then that blind Asian guy dying in that other Asian guys arms lol cmon that's the most over used death scene in the history of movies and you put two of them in one movie lmao poor poor writing. 

Around the Network

All I know it was 100 times better then SS and Batman vs Superman which even pirated were bad

Boring and pointless. It reminded me of why I don't care for any extended universe material. It's just filler and fan service milking off the goodwill of the other films.

TFA was much better and more fun. I saw it 3 times. I have no desire to see this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

LadyJasmine said:
All I know it was 100 times better then SS and Batman vs Superman which even pirated were bad

I was hoping BvS wouldn't make it into this discussion. 😕

Aside from Vader's scene at the end, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Around the Network

The newer Star Wars films have been controversial with a group always feeling it's the best thing ever and another group geeking feeling like it's the worst. This time, for me, this one doesn't fall into either category. One week later and I've kinda forgotten about it. I was just scrolling through threads and stumbled across this one. Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought of it.

It actually worries me. The first six films, regardless of quality, always felt like events. I'd rewatch all six several times a year. Now, it doesn't feel so special.

I just wanted more time as so many new characters and another thirty minutes would have helped flesh out various aspects. However, hearing people say it moved too slow I guess they felt had to move it along. I'm hopeful there is an extended cut on Blu Ray.

The biggest plus was how the Empire felt like a real threat and first time since I was a kid that Vader really inspired fear. How terrifying it would be as soldiers to go up against a god tearing through your ranks with such ease.

It has its flaws, but I am in the camp that enjoyed it more than Force Awakens which was fine, but this felt more lived in and took me back more tot the feel of classic Star Wars rather than copying story elements to achieve that effect.

Nymeria said:
I just wanted more time as so many new characters and another thirty minutes would have helped flesh out various aspects. However, hearing people say it moved too slow I guess they felt had to move it along. I'm hopeful there is an extended cut on Blu Ray.

The biggest plus was how the Empire felt like a real threat and first time since I was a kid that Vader really inspired fear. How terrifying it would be as soldiers to go up against a god tearing through your ranks with such ease.

It has its flaws, but I am in the camp that enjoyed it more than Force Awakens which was fine, but this felt more lived in and took me back more tot the feel of classic Star Wars rather than copying story elements to achieve that effect.

I liked The Force Awakens, but that was definitely a big issue with the film. I heard good things about Rian Johnson. He is the writer and director of Episode VIII. He is the writer of Episode IX as well, but it will be directed by Colin Trevorrow.

Three minor complaints, the planet jumping at the start was jarring as all hell. The movie then slows down to a snails pace only to explode at the end. Also while the end scene was amazing, come on, you would have me believe Vader couldn't force grab that data disk.

Other than that, I rate it a Better than Force Awakens but still can't remember any of the characters' names/10

Until Episode 8 gives me a reasonable explanation as to Rey's proficiency in sabre combat and the force, she just comes across as a horrendously written character that ruined an otherwise great movie for me.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I liked The Force Awakens, but that was definitely a big issue with the film. I heard good things about Rian Johnson. He is the writer and director of Episode VIII. He is the writer of Episode IX as well, but it will be directed by Colin Trevorrow.

I would say Force Awakens was the biggest stakes film ever made.  Disney had to have it be a massive success, so they had to make something with wide appeal that would appease old fans while being welcoming to new ones.

I don't envy Adrams for having to contend with that weight of expectations.  I just hope seeing its success and Rogue One's success lets them know that VIII can go into new territory more because the characters were fun to me so can work with what they have.