Forums - Movies Discussion - Rogue One- A Star Wars Story movie discussion (spoilers)

To me (maybe not for you), Star Wars has always been a bit of a fairy tale with character types, a sense of imagination and wonder, a grand adventure spanning wonderful environments, epic music, and fantastic technology.

I liked this film. I actually liked it more than the phoned in Force Awakens. But I didn't love it.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Around the Network

Miles better than TFA, but still pretty crap IMO, the first two acts are dreadful, there isn't really any character arc either, most of the characters are godly at what they do (it's great that they all died though).

The biggest plus is the last act and the set piece it's built around, IMO easily the best action sequence in any of the Star Wars films, it's just a shame the lead up to it is so dreadful

I just saw it,  id probably give it a 5/10. Im not a star wars fan mind you but it was way too predictable and boring at times.  Plus the main chicks dad dying in her arms then that blind Asian guy dying in that other Asian guys arms lol cmon that's the most over used death scene in the history of movies and you put two of them in one movie lmao poor poor writing. 

All I know it was 100 times better then SS and Batman vs Superman which even pirated were bad

Boring and pointless. It reminded me of why I don't care for any extended universe material. It's just filler and fan service milking off the goodwill of the other films.

TFA was much better and more fun. I saw it 3 times. I have no desire to see this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
All I know it was 100 times better then SS and Batman vs Superman which even pirated were bad

I was hoping BvS wouldn't make it into this discussion. 😕

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Aside from Vader's scene at the end, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

The newer Star Wars films have been controversial with a group always feeling it's the best thing ever and another group geeking feeling like it's the worst. This time, for me, this one doesn't fall into either category. One week later and I've kinda forgotten about it. I was just scrolling through threads and stumbled across this one. Otherwise, I wouldn't have thought of it.

It actually worries me. The first six films, regardless of quality, always felt like events. I'd rewatch all six several times a year. Now, it doesn't feel so special.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

I just wanted more time as so many new characters and another thirty minutes would have helped flesh out various aspects. However, hearing people say it moved too slow I guess they felt had to move it along. I'm hopeful there is an extended cut on Blu Ray.

The biggest plus was how the Empire felt like a real threat and first time since I was a kid that Vader really inspired fear. How terrifying it would be as soldiers to go up against a god tearing through your ranks with such ease.

It has its flaws, but I am in the camp that enjoyed it more than Force Awakens which was fine, but this felt more lived in and took me back more tot the feel of classic Star Wars rather than copying story elements to achieve that effect.

Nymeria said:
I just wanted more time as so many new characters and another thirty minutes would have helped flesh out various aspects. However, hearing people say it moved too slow I guess they felt had to move it along. I'm hopeful there is an extended cut on Blu Ray.

The biggest plus was how the Empire felt like a real threat and first time since I was a kid that Vader really inspired fear. How terrifying it would be as soldiers to go up against a god tearing through your ranks with such ease.

It has its flaws, but I am in the camp that enjoyed it more than Force Awakens which was fine, but this felt more lived in and took me back more tot the feel of classic Star Wars rather than copying story elements to achieve that effect.

I liked The Force Awakens, but that was definitely a big issue with the film. I heard good things about Rian Johnson. He is the writer and director of Episode VIII. He is the writer of Episode IX as well, but it will be directed by Colin Trevorrow.