By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

People who shelled out for the Wii U are finding out lately just how much of a raw deal they actually got, but this would just be the final insult...

Around the Network

I do hope Wii U owners get to enjoy this game but if a cancellation does happen, I also hope to see some of the people here ridiculing and mocking others for having doubts in the game being released, admitting their mistakes and holding Nintendo accountable for such a horrible move to its fans.

curl-6 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Alright, well what shall the bet be then?

Another poster suggested a month's ban. I'd be up for that.

Actually I was thinking about my previous post and I feel like it kind of came off as me trying to say "This is 100% not happening", when that's not what I meant for it to seem like, what I meant was that I would not be surprised in the slightest if this turned out to be true since Nintendo have made some dumb decisions in the past, but i'm just very doubtful of this one considering all we've seen of the Wii U version and how much PR backlash there would be. I edited my post a bit to better reflect that.

Not to make it seem like i'm backing out now or something though since that's not what i'm doing.

Normally I wouldn't back out of anything really, but for this specific scenario I actually change my mind about betting on this in the sense that I think betting on it is pointless since I feel like we both agree that this is something that could happen, you're more positive of it while i'm just a bit more doubtful. I'm fine with making bets about something, but it feels pointless for me to make a bet on something like this when I could see it going either way. If I was 100% confident that it would release on the Wii U then sure, but as of right now i'm just doubtful that it won't, but I could see it happening. 

Plus I wouldn't make a bet result to be a ban anyway, bets are just in good spirit. No need for anyone to be banned for it. 

I'm baffled at how this idea is still being entertained here. This has got to be the stupidest rumour I've ever seen here.

Anyway if by some miracle this actually turned out to be true then that would be the last straw. I'm not planning to buy a Switch for the moment as it is already until they've sold me on the concept, the games and future prospects, so if this were to happen (it won't), then f* the Switch, f* the game and f* Nintendo altogether; I'm not taking crap anymore and I'd be gone forever.

That would make the WiiU the first Nintendo console without a dedicated Zelda game...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Alright, well what shall the bet be then?

The guy is backing out, but don't worry I'll take it.

In the moment Nintendo says "WiiU version is cancelled" I'll be banned for a month and maybe I won't come back.

In the moment the game releases on WiiU you'll be banned for a month to play Zelda everyday and clean yourself of all that pessimism to come as a new non-burned up Nintendo fan for he next gen.

Do we have a bet?

COKTOE said:
gatito said:

It's not like it's the first time. We need to put this dog out of its misery.

Which dog is that?

Wii U

All said and done there will be more Wii U's out there than Switch when Breath of the Wild launches. Nintendo will want to make it to as wide an audience as possible, hence the reason they will not ignore a 14 million or so user base. Dont forget this is an expensive game to make by Nintendo's standards.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

In the moment Nintendo says "WiiU version is cancelled" I'll be banned for a month and maybe I won't come back.

In the moment the game releases on WiiU you'll be banned for a month to play Zelda everyday and clean yourself of all that pessimism to come as a new non-burned up Nintendo fan for he next gen.

Do we have a bet?

I wasn't backing out I just don't care that much if I am baned for a month so I thought it was unfair of me to make that bet, but if curl-6 is that confident I am all for it. I will be especaily impresed if they take one month from each of us and ends up with a two month ban.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Do we have a bet?

Okay, deal.