By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The guy is backing out, but don't worry I'll take it.

In the moment Nintendo says "WiiU version is cancelled" I'll be banned for a month and maybe I won't come back.

In the moment the game releases on WiiU you'll be banned for a month to play Zelda everyday and clean yourself of all that pessimism to come as a new non-burned up Nintendo fan for he next gen.

Do we have a bet?

Okay, deal.

Is gonna be painful to see you out for a month because of me, but it has to be done. May the right man win.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Okay, deal.

Is gonna be painful to see you out for a month because of me, but it has to be done. May the right man win.

Hey, if you do win, you'll be the one to finally break my perfect record.

This is my 7th bet on VGChartz and so far my win record is 6/6.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Great then. Mine is gonna be 3/3 soon ;P

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I was hesitant to bet on this sooner cos I didn't want to risk my winning streak, which I take pride in, but at this stage I have pretty much lost all hope.

If Nintendo couldn't even be bothered supporting Wii U in its final holiday season, I can't see them releasing a new Wii U game after the Switch is out. They want to wash their hands of Wii U for good, and they want to force U owners to get a Switch. Plus, the U version still exhibits some performance dips, which gives them an opportunity to pull the old "technical issues" bullshit.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I was hesitant to bet on this sooner cos I didn't want to risk my winning streak, which I take pride in, but at this stage I have pretty much lost all hope.

If Nintendo couldn't even be bothered supporting Wii U in its final holiday season, I can't see them releasing a new Wii U game after the Switch is out. They want to wash their hands of Wii U for good, and they want to force U owners to get a Switch. Plus, the U version still exhibits some performance dips, which gives them an opportunity to pull the old "technical issues" bullshit.

You were hesitant becuse deep inside you know you have lost.

This alredy has a precedent called Twilight Princess, a console that sold like shit on its dry final season finally got the precious Zelda their fans were waiting for after Wii was on the market. They don't need to do this but otherwise the negative PR would be massive, something they know they don't need, if they were doubting they would have never show the game on WiiU so recently and they wouldn't have insisted so much on the fact that is coming to wiiu everytime they can just becuse the rumours and pessimism on internet. You have never seen Nintendo making such a dishonest movement as you claim they are doing now anyways.

As for the game itself, is already on a playable state, people has played it on wiiu, they say it plays well, there is a lot of work put on this version so at this point is way more profitable for them to release it even at 25fps (like so many open world games or even the recent and linear The Last Guardian) than to cancell it, that would only be a loss of money and credibility.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

You were hesitant becuse deep inside you know you have lost.

This alredy has a precedent called Twilight Princess,  a console that sold like shit on its dry final season finally got the precious Zelda their fans were waiting for after Wii was on the market. They don't need to do this but otherwise the negative PR would be massive, something they know they don't need, if they were doubting they would have never show the game on WiiU so recently and they wouldn't have insisted so much on the fact that is coming to wiiu everytime they can just becuse the rumours and pessimism on internet. You have never seen Nintendo make such a dishonest movement as you claim they are doing anyways.

As for the game, is already on a playable state, people has played it on wiiu, they say it plays well, there is a lot of work put on this version so at this point is way more profitable for them to release the game even at 25fps (like so many open world games or even the recent linear The Last Guardian) than to cancell it, that would only be a loss of money and credibility.

If I thought I was going to lose, I wouldn't have taken the bet.

I agree that it would cause massive negative PR if they cancelled it, and that its performance is not a good reason to cancel it. I maintain that cancelling it would be a terrible decision.

But Nintendo has made terrible decisions before. The last 5 years have been full of them. After so many kicks in the balls, I have no reason to trust Nintendo any more. I think they'll be so keen to sweep Wii U under the rug and push their new system that they'll use Zelda as leverage, and use the game's performance dips on Wii U as an excuse.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Who cares about your record. If you lose, you'll finally concede that you were a sheep in need of guidance.

Do you think Breath of the Wild will release on Wii U?

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Another poster suggested a month's ban. I'd be up for that.

The guy is backing out, but don't worry I'll take it.

In the moment Nintendo says "WiiU version is cancelled" I'll be banned for a month and maybe I won't come back.

In the moment the game releases on WiiU you'll be banned for a month to play Zelda everyday and clean yourself of all that pessimism to come as a new non-burned up Nintendo fan for he next gen.

Do we have a bet?

If you're referring to me, i'm only backing out because I don't stand firmly on one side like others that it will or won't release, i'm pretty 50/50 on it at this point because while I highly doubt Nintendo would do this at the same time I could easily see them doing it as well, so it seems pointless for me to make a bet on something when i'm not firmly on one side of it so there's nothing for me to really bet on. 

I normally wouldn't back out but in this case it seems pointless to take the bet.

RolStoppable said:

Unless it turns out that E3 was one big fake and the game didn't run on Wii U hardware back then.

Gotta love how you leave this small comment at the end to cover your back juuuuust in case WiiU's version end up cancelled.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Do you think Breath of the Wild will release on Wii U?

Yes. Nintendo's E3 booth was built around the Wii U version of the game, plus Twilight Princess on GameCube didn't hurt Wii's momentum. There's no good reason to cancel a version that can sell 1m+ copies when it has evidently been so far into development already.

It's too hard to imagine that they suddenly added so much mandatory stuff to the game that holding the framerate at an acceptable level isn't feasible anymore. Unless it turns out that E3 was one big fake and the game didn't run on Wii U hardware back then.

Well, they were keeping Switch a secret at the time, so the Wii U version had to do.

And Nintendo is usually a stickler for rock solid framerates, yet the U version noticeably drops at every showing we've seen. Not to an unplayable degree, but I can see them declaring its performance unacceptable.