By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor]Breath of Wild cancelled on WiiU

So this rumor hasnt really caught any fire elsewhere.

I see absolutely no reason for this to be true, they have developed the Wii U version for what? 4-5 years? It's pretty much done if not done already. Not releasing it would be crazy, even by Nintendos standards of crazyness.

Around the Network

I hope this rumor is true, then Wii U owners will finally realize how they have been screwed. It's not like the game ran well on Wii U, the framerate was borderline unplayable.

Magnus said:
I hope this rumor is true, then Wii U owners will finally realize how they have been screwed. It's not like the game ran well on Wii U, the framerate was borderline unplayable.

I will never understand people who want to deny millions of people something they would enjoy because they don't like one thing. It's stupid.

I hope not. millions of wii u owners will be upset including myself. If I knew wii u wouldn't get a new Zelda game I think I wouldn't have bought a wii u

Mbolibombo said:
So this rumor hasnt really caught any fire elsewhere.

I see absolutely no reason for this to be true, they have developed the Wii U version for what? 4-5 years? It's pretty much done if not done already. Not releasing it would be crazy, even by Nintendos standards of crazyness.

I'll also add that previous games that were cancelled on one platform to move to the next were never cancelled in such short notice before release with the cancelled version not being shown for a while prior if at all. Examples of this are Super Paper Mario, Pikmin 3 and Star Fox 2.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
Magnus said:

I will never understand people who want to deny millions of people something they would enjoy because they don't like one thing. It's stupid.

I agree.

Magnus said:

So you want Nintendo to screw us so we realize that we have been screwed...yeah. So I guess you just want to see a bunch of people screwed for your own personal enjoyment, nice.

There's no justifiable reason from a financial standpoint to release the game on Wii U.

chidori-chan2 said:
There's no justifiable reason from a financial standpoint to release the game on Wii U.

Yes there is. Called money. Even if it only sold 1 million that s 1 million more copies of profit to their pocket. Also it's fake anyway. This is literally the only place reporting this. neogaf no other website not Emily Rogers nor Laura Kate Dale no one else is reporting this so it's 100% complete utter bullshit.

I can imagine this is going to happen with the majority of any projects still in development on Wii-U. Nintendo knows that the console is done-skies. NX would not have been announced years ago, had Nintendo really had any intention of continuing support of Wii-U. Just the sad reality of their worst selling system to date...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon