By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the lowest level of graphics you still find acceptable?

For me...

High end PC 9 2.39%

PS4/Xbone 49 13.03%

Wii U/PS3/360 98 26.06%

3DS/Wii/6th gen 61 16.22%

Pre 6th gen 159 42.29%

Total:376

I'm Playing Xenogears and Parasite Eve again on PSX as well as System Shock 2 and Theif on PC. I wouldn't say they're acceptable, but tolerable. I can still play anything 3D, PS2 games on PSX2 are acceptable to me graphically though. I can't play NES anymore. As far as 2D, Genesis is as far back as I'll go. Best believe I'm playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy I.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network

for 3D games: PS3/360. Everything below that is starting to hurt my eyes due to low resolution.
for 2D games: basically everything.

I've been playing more NES and Genesis than anything lately, so...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Depends for me.

I'll play all sorts of retro looking games and games that are actually ancient. Games that aim for realism however, I'll try aiming for the highest settings that my hardware will allow for, if not I'll simply turn down some settings a few notches. I'm totally fine with games that have sprite like graphics, but those games that really focus on pushing for realistic visuals, you best bet I want to see a decent level of textures.

These days we're still getting games that end up using 1080p level textures, in some cases like with the recent launch of WD2 on PC, you can download higher quality textures that scale up to 4k for example. There is also Skyrim and other Bethesda games that can include modded 2-4k textures as another example. The increase in overall texture quality for those games that shoot for realism, can really go a long way in helping with immersion. AA is another part that I like to tweak, as I prefer eliminating as many jaggies possible through various means (DSR, SweetFX, GPU control panel/mixing AA settings with the game in general).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

On PC second part of 90s, on consoles 6th gen for 3d and 5th gen for 2d.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Atari 2600 if le games is good

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

I still have fun playing Atari 2600 games. A good game is a good game. Fuck graphics.

Nes Level or graphics.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I'm gaming on a Dreamcast right now, so my answer should be obvious. Although VGA does look GREAT on my TV. :D

It all comes down to game design. SNES games still look good today where as PS1 era doesn't.
Infact some SNES games look better in some cases. Eg: DKC you can still enjoy the way it looks. Where as Twisted Metal or FF7 makes me cringe.