By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the lowest level of graphics you still find acceptable?

For me...

High end PC 9 2.39%

PS4/Xbone 49 13.03%

Wii U/PS3/360 98 26.06%

3DS/Wii/6th gen 61 16.22%

Pre 6th gen 159 42.29%

Total:376
curl-6 said:
UnderstatedCornHole said:

Turns out your quite right.

Went and tried out a few and to be honest they aren't so bad and some of those insomniac/spyro type stuff actually looks top notch.

From what I tried, texture heavy games tend to look pants, also games like 3d on 2d/Resident evil etc especially frown inducing.

I guess it helps that I grew up in the 90s, so I played a lot of PS1/N64 in my youth, and still play them to this day. I can see how it'd be hard on the eyes for those who grew up with the 6th/7th gen, or don't often play older systems.

I'm 32 ;) but that's not to argue the toss, I'm a bit of a frame rate junky and OCD on the PC settings etc and have been for a good many years. Wish I saw "the game" and not the graphics so much.

Around the Network

It's an interesting question because I can play the best 2d games and even if I'm not interested in them; it's most likely not because of the visuals.

But for 3d games... For some reason it's different. My standards are higher. Probably 7th gen 360/Ps3 level is the worst I'd prefer. Although if it has a good art style then Ps2/Xbox/Gamecube games are perfectly acceptable.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Don't mind graphics at all as long as they don't make me motion sick.

Art style can make just about anything look good. With Bethesda games and others going for photo-realism, I expect the absolute best graphics. I can already tell, however, that the coming Zelda game looks gorgeous despite likely being rather limited in resolution.

UnderstatedCornHole said:
curl-6 said:

I guess it helps that I grew up in the 90s, so I played a lot of PS1/N64 in my youth, and still play them to this day. I can see how it'd be hard on the eyes for those who grew up with the 6th/7th gen, or don't often play older systems.

I'm 32 ;) but that's not to argue the toss, I'm a bit of a frame rate junky and OCD on the PC settings etc and have been for a good many years. Wish I saw "the game" and not the graphics so much.

Yeah I have become a bit of a framerate junkie myself these last few years. I blame Nintendo and their 60fps fetish. :P

Around the Network

What is the lowest graphics I find acceptable???

Well, As long as it is fun to play... basically GameBoy/NES or better.

vivster said:
You seem oddly obsessed with graphics. Why not just play the games?

He has a Wii U. What games is he supposed to play?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
vivster said:

You have a point there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Pavolink said:
vivster said:

For the last few months, mostly Xbox 360 games.

ShovelKnight