By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Rant - MS needs to step up their game

Valid rant 156 73.58%

Invalid rant 56 26.42%

Total:212
Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

Because Naughty Dog's games are all in-engine. Precisely why you shouldn't make baseless accusations. Now move on!

Which uncharted game is that? I've played 2 3 and 4 and none of those looks like the image on the right in game or in trailer.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Snoopy said:

Yep, but their games are actually right around the corner with actual GAMEPLAY trailers  and not just some CGI BS. Only AAA games from Sony coming out next year by the looks of it is GT sport and Horizon zero dawn. At least when MS showed those games they showed a bunch of games around the corner. I mean sony is actually advertising right now Spiderman and God of war 3 on t.v. when we know those games are 2018 at the earliest.

I'm not sure if you understood my post correctly, but the point I was getting across is that all of those games were delayed in addition to being prematurely announced 3 years before launch... Which is literally what you were just complaining about here 

DaveTheMinion13 said:

Over half the things they showed comes out next year lol

So let me reiterate the first half of my post: 5 AAA Microsoft exclusives got delayed this gen and all of those same games were announced AT LEAST 3 years before they have or will launch. If you can understand that, then take a look at the quote right ^^^^^^^ there.

And yet MS show other quality games that release right away like Halo, Forza, Gears, Dead Rising 3 & 4, Titan Fall, sunset overdrive,ect. Its okay to show games that are coming down the road, but better have some games ready right away or around the corner.

aLkaLiNE said:
Snoopy said:

Which uncharted game is that? I've played 2 3 and 4 and none of those looks like the image on the right in game or in trailer.

Third one I believe

Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

Because Naughty Dog's games are all in-engine. Precisely why you shouldn't make baseless accusations. Now move on!

Lol.. your post gives away your intent.  Play uc4 yourself and I'm sure your jaws will drop.  Taking trolling still shots as proof proves nothing. 

*Edit.. seeing you mention uc3.. again.. see for yourself.. even for a last gen game I'm sure your jaws will still drop.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
Snoopy said:

Lol.. your post gives away your intent.  Play uc4 yourself and I'm sure your jaws will drop.  Taking trolling still shots as proof proves nothing. 

I like uc4... a lot actually. I found the story to be top tier to say the least. I even admitted I like uc4 sp more than gears 4 sp. 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

I never saw that final build of her. The E3 build looks similar.

One thing I'd say about your rant here, is that if you look at a lot of the games you say were superior on the original Xbox, a lot of those also had PC ports, some of which were done very well, the only issue with the X1 by comparison is that everything has a PC port with the exception of the Halo Series.

I agree with your thing for the most part though, definitely see far less reason for the X1 to exist now in comparison to the X360 last gen or the PS4 this generation.

Also the recent PR about how there are still active users of the Xbox 360 who are just waiting on the edge to jump up to the next generation... I fucking hated that statement, to think that when I go online with my X360 there is a tracker at MS looking at me like... "maybe he'll buy a next gen machine soon!!" ... then I turn it off and power up the PS4, such horrid PR filled logic.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

pray4mojo said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
I agree sorta.

Sony has

The last guardian
Dragon quest builders
World of final fantasy
Persona 5
Ace combat 7
Yakuza 0, 6 and kiwami
Ni no kuni 2
Last of us 2
Horizon zero dawn
Ni-Oh
Street fighter V
Gran turismo sport.

Meanwhile Xbox has the usual suspects like halo, gears, forza. Next year has crackdown, scalebound, and halo wars 2. Nothing much I really care about. There's Scorpio coming out but that's just a upgraded One, not a whole new console.

Switch looks far more appealing at this point.

Xbox is about US tastes. Most of what you mentioned up there are Japanese styled games and gameplay. 

It's not just US tastes though, the Forza series has done really well in Europe, we love a good driving sim over here. But I guess a lot of the Bromance multiplayer stuff is more a US thing, expectially when it includes Ring worlds or Lancers.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Snoopy said:
Versus_Evil said:

Watching to much Crapgamer has damaged you.

Best reviewer on youtube. Don't hate. Also, there is a reason why games don't look as good as their trailers all the time. 

Best reviewer on YouTube? Isn't most of his stuff misinformation and outright lies? At least that's what I've heard. 

I agree, MS needs to do a lot more. Xbox fans will point out games like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc.... but they really need a lot more than what they put out. Their internal studios are stuck on Halo, Forza, and Gears rinse and repeat.