Ace combat 7
Yakuza 0, 6 and kiwami
Ni no kuni 2
Last of us 2
Horizon zero dawn
Ni-Oh
Street fighter V
Gran turismo sport.

Meanwhile Xbox has the usual suspects like halo, gears, forza. Next year has crackdown, scalebound, and halo wars 2. Nothing much I really care about. There's Scorpio coming out but that's just a upgraded One, not a whole new console.

Switch looks far more appealing at this point.

Xbox is about US tastes. Most of what you mentioned up there are Japanese styled games and gameplay. 

But 360 used to have those same type of games. They had ace combat 6, blue dragon, lost oddyesy, ff13, earth defense force etc. Now they hardly have any of those. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Quality wise, I personally think MS is easily a match for Nintendo and Sony. The problem this gen for MS is quantity, Sony is absolutely spanking MS in terms of software output. Just look at the lists for 2017, Sony has like 3 times as many 2017 exclusives as MS, it's insane. Hopefully MS actually has a decent number of new games to announce at E3 next year instead of the usual 3 or 4.

That statement don´t hold true with the reality for the last 3 or 4 years. 

And if you want quanty go to Steam.

NobleTeam360 said:
I agree, MS needs to do a lot more. Xbox fans will point out games like Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc.... but they really need a lot more than what they put out. Their internal studios are stuck on Halo, Forza, and Gears rinse and repeat.

+1.  

10 halos, 9 forzas, and 6 gears later...  And now 2 of those 3 popping up on PC too and most likely forever moving forward..  What's the point of having an xb console now?  

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

CGI-Quality said:
pray4mojo said:

Xbox is about US tastes. Most of what you mentioned up there are Japanese styled games and gameplay. 

This has been part of the problem. One of the reasons, I'd say, that they lag in "original content" is that they have a much more narrow focus than either Nintendo or Sony. 

On the flip-side, what Microsoft does release appeals to their fanbase. So, the jokes about their "Trinity" (Forza, Gears, Halo) are silly.

Yeah, you're right. Their approach has been much more narrow and that's one of the reasons they're never in the WW dicsussion. At this point, I'm not sure they're after anything but the US anywas though. If they are, they need new leadership.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
pray4mojo said:

But 360 used to have those same type of games. They had ace combat 6, blue dragon, lost oddyesy, ff13, earth defense force etc. Now they hardly have any of those. 

They don't have them because their sales were horrible compared to Gears, Halo and the rest of their western styled games.

Around the Network

MS is pretty far in unifying their PC and Xbox platforms and in the future I think Xboxes just will be specific PC configurations MS 1st party devs and participating 3rd parties use as their target platform for ~3-4 years (I fully expect MS to release/sell new editions). Hopefully that means there will be more graphics settings available, so that ppl can turn off unneccessary fluff and get to their desired framerates or resolutions - and that way even a 6y+ old Xbox could play the newest games (in low settings), like old/low-end PCs do, without devs having to spent time on a dedicated version/render path.

pray4mojo said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

They don't have them because their sales were horrible compared to Gears, Halo and the rest of their western styled games.

Exactly. But now the bad part for Microsoft is their sure fire hits, halo and gears, aren't quite the sales juggernauts they used to be. Take those two away and what does Xbox have left? Forza can't carry the brand alone. And games like quantum break and recore, while good games in their own right, definitely lack that huge star power. 

Yes they have small scale games like crackdown and scakebound coming, neither looks as compelling as the upcoming God of war, the last of us 2, ace combat 7, crash bandicoot remastered, Horizon zero dawn, death stranding, Detroit: Become human, and insomniac's Spider-Man. 

So yes, this is a valid rant and Microsoft needs to increase software output and more variety as well imo. But I gotta say forza horizon 3 is a hell of a lot of fun regardless to the topic at hand. Just wish Microsoft had more variety. 

^
You realy think Crash Bandicoot is that compelling?

I don´t know if you are aware but MS already launch a pack with 20+ old/classic games.

Or that Detroit tipe games sell as much as Quantum Break.

And the hyprocrisy with saying the 8th God of War game is compelling after listing all MS properties that are not as hot any more?

Dark_Feanor said:
^

I don´t know if you are aware but MS already launch a pack with 20+ old/classic games.

And the hyprocrisy with saying the 8th God of War game is compelling after listing all MS properties that are not as hot any more?

I gotta agree. Its ridicuous that people always say 'MS needs more new stuff but praise the 5th Uncharted, the 5th Killzone, the 4th Infamous, and all the remasters ad ports and say everything is fine. How many Gran Turismos are out there now?

Dark_Feanor said:
^

Yes to a lot of old school gamers who grew up with those games 20 years ago and who have been asking for years. Plus the new God of war is more or less a total reboot from the old ones and the gameplay is far different from the button mash hack n slash previous games. 

And quantum break is a generic third person shooter that won't get a sequel since remedy is no longer a partner with Microsoft due to more likely poor mediocre sales.