By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Rant - MS needs to step up their game

Valid rant 156 73.58%

Invalid rant 56 26.42%

Total:212
Snoopy said:
Guitarguy said:
Totally agree. At this point Sony has more first party/exclusives that look superior and gets the same third party AAA titles as Xbox One. The genres Sony has is also much more varied. I wouldn't say Sony's first party output is as good as Nintendo's yet but if we compared the PS4's first party output until the end of its lifecycle to the Wii U's I would estimate it comes out on top(although the Wii U's life was cut short due to poor sales and the fact that Sony tend to prefer longer console lifespans than Nintendo). Microsoft in my opinion cannot compete with either Sony or Nintendo's first party output and gets less AAA titles than the PS4 so there isn't really an area where they excel(my opinion).

See this is what I don't get. What AAA games did Nintendo release this YEAR that outdid Sony or Microsoft in terms of exclusives? Not to mention xbox one and ps4 has third party support.

Nothing really. Their first party output on Wii U in general has been below average in terms of quantity. I would say by the end of the PS4s life it will have more impressive first party titles than the Wii U did. Call it an unfair comparison but both consoles were active during the same time(mostly), it just happens that Nintendo ditched the Wii U like a lead turd(like Sony did with the Vita).

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Teeqoz said:
I think what MS has been delivering on the game front has been pretty solid.

This same thing happened with the 360. Microsoft masks their internal inability to pump out exclusives. The first three years are awesome because they pay third party to mask it and then after seeing the losses they cut back on third party exclusives. While Sony only ramps up their exclusives count, Microsoft goes through a massive drought before the end.

I'm sure I'll find other games to play on my PC if MS for some reason decides to cut support, so I think I'll be fine either way.

Snoopy said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:

Over half the things they showed comes out next year lol

Kind of like how Uncharted 4 was supposed to release in early 2015, tlg suppose to release during the mid ps3 era, bloodborne was suppose to be a 2014 title. I will believe it when I see it. Sony does this thing all the time. The only AAA games I think Sony are releasing next year is Horizon.

Kind of like how Quantum break, scale bound, crackdown 3, halo wars 2, and sea of thieves got delayed/announced 3 years early/shown at three E3s in a row (and sometimes earlier)?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Snoopy said:

A Dlc and one AAA games from Gurellia games which I found all their games except for one (killzone 2, I liked that game a lot) just average/above average. 

MS will have Halo wars 2 (rts), Sea of theives(mmo game), Scale Bound (rpg game), Forza 7 (sim racer), Killer Instinct season 4 and probably more I'm not thinking about. You can argue if it is better than Sony lineup or not, but they are putting out their fair share of games. I find it actually more funny Nintendo fans here will defend the wii u and nintendo to death despite not having as many exclusives as xbox and wii u dosesn't even get third party support.

Microsoft puts all of their faith in third party. Eventually when the budget gets tight beyond the halfway mark you will see the third party exclusives dwindle. They arent winning either like last gen, so they wont have the same pull.

Sony doesnt have to have a better lineup now. They will in the end. Why? They can make their own new IP's. By the end of this gen, I guarantee you Microsoft would've lost 2/3 of the halo fanbase that they had circa 2008. I just recently became a Halo fan, but I am talking about the bigger picture.  Much in the same vein as EA and Activision, Microsoft milks franchises they are solely depended upon. Sony is the only company that doesnt have this dependent atittude and this is why you see them every gen increasing their new IP count by leaps and bounds. Microsoft can only really pay to pad out their exclusives, but when it comes right down to it, After Gears and Halo take a break, who will take the mantle?

Sony isn't making as many new ips compare to last generation. Sony is litterally the ones who are doing all the third party support such as exclusive marketing. Microsoft has big franchise they depend on like Halo, Gears, Forza and probably will use Minecraft in the future that is true. However, there is nothing wrong with it. You also seeing MIcrosoft investing into new ips like quantum break, sunset overdrive, Titan Fall, ori blind forest,recore, ryse and in a way killer instinct (hasn't been made in a long time)  Also you're forgetting MS also has a big install base because of the user experience. Their controller, xbox os, xbox live,customer support, user friendly ,ect. That is a big reason why xbox is where they are at even more so than their exclusives. 

Lastly, MS is the richest console maker, if they feel threaten or not in a good stance which isn't the case, but if that occurs they will just start buying out major third party publishers / third party games out just like they did with Minecraft, Halo and Gears of war.  MS is probably happy the position they are in.

aLkaLiNE said:
Snoopy said:

Kind of like how Uncharted 4 was supposed to release in early 2015, tlg suppose to release during the mid ps3 era, bloodborne was suppose to be a 2014 title. I will believe it when I see it. Sony does this thing all the time. The only AAA games I think Sony are releasing next year is Horizon.

Kind of like how Quantum break, scale bound, crackdown 3, halo wars 2, and sea of thieves got delayed/announced 3 years early/shown at three E3s in a row (and sometimes earlier)?

Yep, but their games are actually right around the corner with actual GAMEPLAY trailers  and not just some CGI BS. Only AAA games from Sony coming out next year by the looks of it is GT sport and Horizon zero dawn. At least when MS showed those games they showed a bunch of games around the corner. I mean sony is actually advertising right now Spiderman and God of war 3 on t.v. when we know those games are 2018 at the earliest.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

Yep, but their games are actually right around the corner with actual GAMEPLAY trailers  and not just some CGI BS. Only AAA games from Sony coming out next year by the looks of it is GT sport and Horizon zero dawn. At least when MS showed those games they showed a bunch of games around the corner. I mean sony is actually advertising right now Spiderman and God of war 3 on t.v. when we know those games are 2018 at the earliest.

To keep me from escalating this (because now you're turning this into something it shouldn't be), name me the games with 100% pre-rendered trailers (yes, pre-rendered, as that's what you're trying to insinuate by saying "CGI") and I'll spare you. 

If you cannot, quit trying to turn this into something it shouldn't be. And it will be the only Warning I give you. In fact, it's the only Warning I'm giving everyone. Don't try to turn this subject into a free-for-all. 

Since I seen no gameplay from TLG2 and publishers/developers cheat so to speak all the time I guess that will be a choice.

Xbone is done. Buy a PS4 or wait for the Switch.

CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:

Since I seen no gameplay from TLG2 and publishers/developers cheat so to speak all the time I guess that will be a choice.

My point stands, then, as that is one trailer and it is an in-engine trailer. Beyond that, unless you can show the "cheat", it's pointless to try to pin on any game. So move away from that and keep it constructive.

How do we know that is in game engine? You know these companies lie all the time right about games being run on their system. Killzone 2 ran into this situation before.

Everything is not for everybody.

If you do not like a system then do not buy it.

Versus_Evil said:
Snoopy said:

How do we know that is in game engine? You know these companies lie all the time right about games being run on their system. Killzone 2 ran into this situation before.

Watching to much Crapgamer has damaged you.

Best reviewer on youtube. Don't hate. Also, there is a reason why games don't look as good as their trailers all the time.