By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 now has 10 exclusives that have sold over 1 million copies!

Neodegenerate said:
jason1637 said:

He could add them is he chose to. But since eh added LBP3 it won't make sense not to include halo and gears. 

I didn't include LBP3 in my breakdown with the averages.  How does the list you have compare to that one?

With your list it would bump it down to 5. But lets not also forget that MS has released many of their games on  PC as well so with such a criteria it won't really represent how much support MS has showed their console. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

He could add them is he chose to. But since eh added LBP3 it won't make sense not to include halo and gears. 

And why did you include Dead rising 3 since the list contains no PC games?

The list includes ONE game on the ps3 so you include 3(more since 2 are a collection)?

The list seems to be more Halo 5, Forza, Forza, and Forza..

Dead Rising 3 sold a million by the time it came out on PC on the BX1.

Yea his list includes 1 game on the PS3 but that's not my fault that he didn't add games that fit his criteria. 

jason1637 said:
Neodegenerate said:

One could argue the genres would sell well IF Microsoft actually put the energy necessary into them.  Fact is MS has been milking the same franchises for years, including the 3rd party CoD, and that has started to turn on its head a bit.  Also, as another poster mentioned, based on the criteria almost half the games you listed for the XB1 wouldn't count.  Knocking the total franchises down to 4 and game genres to 3.  Also knocks down the average a bit I believe.

Well, you cant say they arent trying. They are branching out with QB, Recore, and next year Scalebound. Also LBP3 was on PS3 so with his criteria it makes sense. 

Actually lbp3 doesn't make it make sense because it isn't a remaster.  If TLOU was on his list your remaster would make sense.  But it isn't.  So only cross-gen releases would.  Which rules out the two remastersides based on that criteria

Neodegenerate said:
jason1637 said:

Well, you cant say they arent trying. They are branching out with QB, Recore, and next year Scalebound. Also LBP3 was on PS3 so with his criteria it makes sense. 

Actually lbp3 doesn't make it make sense because it isn't a remaster.  If TLOU was on his list your remaster would make sense.  But it isn't.  So only cross-gen releases would.  Which rules out the two remastersides based on that criteria

Whats the difference between a remaster of a last gen game and a port of a last gen game besides the fancy word remaster.  A remaster is just an updated port. 

Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

Dead Rising 3 sold a million by the time it came out on PC on the BX1.

Yea his list includes 1 game on the PS3 but that's not my fault that he didn't add games that fit his criteria. 

He also didn't include the last of us which was also on ps3 and ps4.  Probably quite a lot more of them also.

Plus why would it matter it sold that much BEFORE coming to a PC. It cames the PC. It came to the PC in a year.

Then again I can tell where this is coming. You entered in with a negatitive attitude "It's really not as impressive for Sony" and here you are with every twist possible."You added one so I will add 3", and "well it came to the PC later" etc, and etc.

You ignore the easier quality of just removing LB3 as opposed to flooding both sides with every ps3/ps4 and xbox360/xb1 games possible.

He should include them since that was the criteria for the thread.

The point of the thread was to see the games that were able to reach 1 million units on one platform. DR3 reached 1 million units when it was a full exclusive before it came out for another platform. 

Actually I made a post earlier on this thread congratulating Sony but I later decided to compare it o another platform. The Wii U would have not made sense since it's only Nintendo supporting it so i did it to the XB1. I'm just not impressed how close it is considering PS4 had almost double the base. 

If you remove ports then its down to 5 for XB1. I already acknowledge god that. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
jason1637 said:

He should include them since that was the criteria for the thread.

The point of the thread was to see the games that were able to reach 1 million units on one platform. DR3 reached 1 million units when it was a full exclusive before it came out for another platform. 

Actually I made a post earlier on this thread congratulating Sony but I later decided to compare it o another platform. The Wii U would have not made sense since it's only Nintendo supporting it so i did it to the XB1. I'm just not impressed how close it is considering PS4 had almost double the base. 

If you remove ports then its down to 5 for XB1. I already acknowledge god that. 

Not on one platform. On the ps4. Note the title of the thread. No where does it make it a list war. No where does it list criteria.

YOU are making the list now in 2016. Two years after deadrising came to the PC. You are so "eager" to pad your list you are including something on the PC - while the list contains none of that.

If this discussion was in 2013 or before it came in 2014 I would agree - yet 2 years later? Nope sorry.

Thread was about the PS4 but I'm just making a comparison so i don't see nothing wrong with that. Like i said it sold a million units before it came out on PC. 

Pretty poor list of games after 3 years on the market imo. Besides Ratchet & Clank none of those games really interested me and a lot of them didn't review particularly well (though in the case of Driveclub it did get a lot of free dlc post-launch). The only Sony developed game that scored great is Uncharted, which was to be expected.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

CGI-Quality said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Pretty poor list of games after 3 years on the market imo. Besides Ratchet & Clank none of those games really interested me and a lot of them didn't review particularly well (though in the case of Driveclub it did get a lot of free dlc post-launch). The only Sony developed game that scored great is Uncharted, which was to be expected.

Hmm, lets review:

• What "lot" didn't review well?
  • Why does it matter if an exclusive is "Sony developed" or not?
  • What should the list look like (you call it poor)?
  • Why does your opinion have a bearing on what sells 1m or not (a question I've asked of others, already)?

What didn't review well? Anything under 75 is quite terrible for metacritic standards. Yes, I'm serious. Gaming critics give out 9s and 10s so easily that a game needs to be almost broken to receive a score under 80. Assassin's Creed: Unity was quite broken at launch and still received a 70% on metacritic.

As for why it matters if it's Sony developed or not: you'd expect Sony would be the developer to support the PS4 the most, but this list doesn't really show that no matter at what metric we look (sales or critical reception).

It should have had a Gran Turismo that sold 10 million copies at this point.

As for your final question, that's not really relevant is it? Anyone can have his or her opinion on just about anything.

They say Nintendo struggled with HD development, but they were still able to pump out more games for the Wii U at the same point in its life-cycle (New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Smash Bros. 4, Yoshi's Woolly World). It's just something I've noticed. The only reason why Nintendo's "struggle with HD development" was much more noticable is because they lack third party support (but this thread is about exclusives).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Neodegenerate said:

R&C was more reboot than remake.

aLkaLiNE said:

R&C is not a remaster in any way shape or form and only came out on PS4. It's not even a remake as there are plot elements that changed, it's a soft reboot that uses completely new assets. 

d21lewis said:
Calling Ratchet and Clank a port/remaster is like calling Tomb Raider 2013 or DMC a port/remaster. It's the same in name, only.

Maybe somewhere is some information about "exact" or at least near exact(devs visions and opinions) explanations of reboot and remake meanings.

Just my vision:

Reboot - complete new, reinterpreted, restyled experience within the same IP. Like TR13.

Remake - fully rebuilt game from the scratch using most common instruments and anvanced engines with minor enhancements to gameplay or story. Like Duck Tales Remastered. Odd, yeah, I still count it as a remake.

Remaster - enhanced version of the game or of the ported game. Like TLoU.

Port - just ported game from another system with minor enhancements.

In some cases I really can't decide this is reboot or remake. For example, MK11. Reboot and remake do not contradict each other in most ways at least in this case. But I see it more as remake since it plays to me mostly like old MKs. I think reboot is something bigger. It's like a bit new genre or restyled gameplay. As different way or another direction. If the game remains the same (like Ratchet or MK) I call it remake (fully rebuilt), or remaster, or simple port.

That's just my vision. And it's pretty subjective of course.

Maybe many think that reboot is a remake of the first game of remaked franchise (like reborn of whole franchise). Like another first step of franchise - reboot of franchise.

antigin said:
Neodegenerate said:

R&C was more reboot than remake.

aLkaLiNE said:

R&C is not a remaster in any way shape or form and only came out on PS4. It's not even a remake as there are plot elements that changed, it's a soft reboot that uses completely new assets. 

d21lewis said:
Calling Ratchet and Clank a port/remaster is like calling Tomb Raider 2013 or DMC a port/remaster. It's the same in name, only.

Maybe somewhere is some information about "exact" or at least near exact(devs visions and opinions) explanations of reboot and remake meanings.

Just my vision:

Reboot - complete new, reinterpreted, restyled experience within the same IP. Like TR13.

Remake - fully rebuilt game from the scratch using most common instruments and anvanced engines with minor enhancements to gameplay or story. Like Duck Tales Remastered. Odd, yeah, I still count it as a remake.

Remaster - enhanced version of the game or of the ported game. Like TLoU.

Port - just ported game from another system with minor enhancements.

In some cases I really can't decide this is reboot or remake. For example, MK11. Reboot and remake do not contradict each other in most ways at least in this case. But I see it more as remake since it plays to me mostly like old MKs. I think reboot is something bigger. It's like a bit new genre or restyled gameplay. As different way or another direction. If the game remains the same (like Ratchet or MK) I call it remake (fully rebuilt), or remaster, or simple port.

That's just my vision. And it's pretty subjective of course.

Maybe many think that reboot is a remake of the first game of remaked franchise (like reborn of whole franchise). Like another first step of franchise - reboot of franchise.

As far as I know this game sets R&C back to square 1. That may change since the movie didn't do well though. But yeah, my point is it's not even close to a remaster. Kind of a blurred line between reboot/remake