By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Xbox 360 :/

internet polls are not reliable for hardware failure rates... upset people are much more vocal than satisfied ones... and i think the poll you pointed out was one that i saw and refused to answer because it made it extremely difficult to answer that you had no problems whatsoever. (when you said "never" it then prompted you for how many consoles you've had broken and wouldn't let you answer 0... so i didn't respond)

o yea, and viva pinata kicks A$$

Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
Entroper said:
ArtofAngels said:

Failure to admit to a 59% failure rate, selling something that dies so often for that price should not be legal.

Come on, we both know that the 360 doesn't have a 59% failure rate. No product could possibly survive if that were truly the case. Why this number continues to be bandied about, I may never understand.

I agree with you about Rare, though. Quite sad.

No, I haven't played Viva Pinata, and no, I don't think that means I'm not allowed to have an opinion about Rare.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=17067 <-- 61 Per Cent Failure Rate??

holy crap is that a reliable source or no?

I thought it was like a 11 or 12% failure rate.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Viva Pinata seriously kicks ass...though I do agree they killed Rare...cause too many 360 owners don't want to play that kind of game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

eques judicii said:

internet polls are not reliable for hardware failure rates... upset people are much more vocal than satisfied ones... and i think the poll you pointed out was one that i saw and refused to answer because it made it extremely difficult to answer that you had no problems whatsoever. (when you said "never" it then prompted you for how many consoles you've had broken and wouldn't let you answer 0... so i didn't respond)

o yea, and viva pinata kicks A$$

Agree completely...  I saw a similar poll, and was unable to answer no consoles.  I'm sure Sony fanboys were voting as well.

The 360 right now is a great gaming machine. If I had to choose one of the Big 3 this instant, I would have a 360. The problems I have with Microsoft deal with the hardware design. The failure rates are unacceptable, which is why, if I do get a 360, I'll be waiting for the 65nm CPU and GPU. Also, they need, absolutely need, some Japanese analysts or something to work with their advertising/image in Japan. I've heard nothing but bad things about the marketing over there from Microsoft. I also think they should offer free online multiplayer. That would be sweet.

Around the Network

The things I don't like about the Microsoft - 1) They've lost so much money from the previous Xbox that they now penny pinch their customers Example - They wouldn't let Epic give away Gears of Wars maps for free. Epic had to sneak in a multiplayer mode and call it a "patch" to fool Microsoft into giving away free content. 2) I also hate the way Gold Live account and Silver Live account are setup. Silver Live should get access to online games. Gold Live should get access to dedicated online servers for lag free games. Also since Gold Live Members already pay a fee, all online content should be offered for less. Makes sense since Gold members are the ones who pay for the servers that hosts all the content. I have no problems with the noise, it's really not loud, I think it's just Sony and Wii fanboys who blow it out of proportion, and I also have never had a problem with the hardware. Their you have it, things that suck from Microsoft

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Entroper said:
ArtofAngels said:

Failure to admit to a 59% failure rate, selling something that dies so often for that price should not be legal. 

Come on, we both know that the 360 doesn't have a 59% failure rate.  No product could possibly survive if that were truly the case.  Why this number continues to be bandied about, I may never understand.

I agree with you about Rare, though.  Quite sad.

No, I haven't played Viva Pinata, and no, I don't think that means I'm not allowed to have an opinion about Rare. 

Thats like saying "I think Rare has made poor titles after Blast Corps" then saying you never played Goldeneye, or Banjo Kazooie.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

gebx said:
The things I don't like about the Microsoft -

1) They've lost so much money from the previous Xbox that they now penny pinch their customers

Example - They wouldn't let Epic give away Gears of Wars maps for free. Epic had to sneak in a multiplayer mode and call it a "patch" to fool Microsoft into giving away free content.

2) I also hate the way Gold Live account and Silver Live account are setup. Silver Live should get access to online games. Gold Live should get access to dedicated online servers for lag free games. Also since Gold Live Members already pay a fee, all online content should be offered for less. Makes sense since Gold members are the ones who pay for the servers that hosts all the content.

I have no problems with the noise, it's really not loud, I think it's just Sony and Wii fanboys who blow it out of proportion, and I also have never had a problem with the hardware. Their you have it, things that suck from Microsoft

1) Yeah I also thought it was cheap of them to not let Epic release the maps for free like they wanted to.  Apparently some people at Microsoft thought some people at Epic had a lot of gall to want to release the maps for free when Microsoft were the ones footing most of the cost for Gears of War and the maps.  Sort of like someone else giving away your money.  What those people don't/didn't realize is that Epic has a history of it even with the games they make with only their own money (they gave a way a lot of free stuff with Unreal Tournament after it's release, etc).

2) It's too bad online isn't free, I guess if Sony or Nintendo make a great online network that is the equivalent to Xbox Live and can provide it for free it might force Microsoft to change.

Wait a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You saying you have to pay to go online with Xbox 360??????? Wow, add another one to the list.

mrstickball said:
Entroper said:
ArtofAngels said:

Come on, we both know that the 360 doesn't have a 59% failure rate. No product could possibly survive if that were truly the case. Why this number continues to be bandied about, I may never understand.

I agree with you about Rare, though. Quite sad.

Thats like saying "I think Rare has made poor titles after Blast Corps" then saying you never played Goldeneye, or Banjo Kazooie.

It's more like saying "I think Rare has made poor titles after Blast Corps" having never played those games, but having read reviews, seen footage in kiosks, and heard plenty of discussion at gaming forums about those games. I never said my opinion had to carry much weight though.

And you're seriously kidding yourself if you (not directed at mrstickball) think an internet poll is going to give an accurate representation of hardware failure rates. People whose hardware has failed are many times more likely to respond, plus I could go there right now, having never owned a 360, and say I've had "more than 10" of them fail on me.

I worked in a retail store when the 360 launched and for several months thereafter. I was part of the computer repair team that also handled testing of components that customers wanted to return (like broken gaming consoles). I have in fact seen dead 360s, but if the failure rate was anywhere near 60%, we'd have known about it.