By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

Ka-pi96 said:

Meanwhile Sun/Moons first week was 12m. Yet we keep being told that turn based RPGs are dead and action is the only thing that sells now. The facts say otherwise...

Hey, you saw me before pointing out how turn based has been ont he rise .

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Congrats! Shipments that high indicate sky high pre orders! And seeing it on top of Amazon and Best Buy. Its also the fastest shipping FF 15 game ever so this really needs to be acknowledged as the success it is.

Nice shipment numbers, but you know what we really want to know. lol

ARamdomGamer said:
I know is just shipped, but couldn't pass the chance of sharing this

That account is a gift that keeps giving.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Do we already have the japan numbers of FFXV?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Nice. If they made 2 games, it would have sold 10M.

User moderated -RavenXtra

I know lawlight isn't being serious but if big franchises actually did this would it boost sales much like it does for Pokemon?  you'd also have to note that pokemon sells for $40 not $60 so in total they're paying $80 if they buy both rather then $120.

Kerotan said:
Lawlight said:

Nice. If they made 2 games, it would have sold 10M.

User moderated -RavenXtra

I know lawlight isn't being serious but if big franchises actually did this would it boost sales much like it does for Pokemon?  you'd also have to note that pokemon sells for $40 not $60 so in total they're paying $80 if they buy both rather then $120.

You also have to note that the games hardly drop in price (other than deals) while your COD/BF/fifa/etv drop after 2-3 months (msrp). So you should account that too if you want to be technical.

As for pokemon, its like people think that every1/majority buy both games. Yes you can say many people do it but its nowhere near as much as people make it out to be and only a few games can pull this off. Pokemon being one of them because of how the games are structured.

That said its funny people bring this up then ignore stuff like ps4 pro/n3ds/etc double dipping and the many ports/remasters of last gen to this gen (like gtav selling 60mil).

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Baffling?  I thought you followed the japanese sales.  Obviously not.  here I'll let you know. so the market is in decline and games don't tend to sell as much as they used to.  

Yeap good examples. *Cough Persona cough Fire Emblem Cough Animal Crossing Cough Minecraft *Cough Metal Gear Solid... Let me clear my throat *Pokemon cough cough cough Monster Hunter cough smt cough musuo (i dunno how to spell this) genre spin offs such as DQ warriors (and LoZ to an extent).

No new ips either like splatoon that just sold over 1.6mil on a horribly embarrassing userbase.

Again FFXV will do very well WW. Numbers will be no lower than 5mil so its doing good but making excuses for its sales in japan need to stop. Game can still get to 1mil there, but people need to stop acting like decline is ok over there because of "markeg changed". Many ips in the west have fallen too, much more than in japan i say and we dont use that for an excuse

Lmao I didn't bother reading psst the first few lines but did you really just say I'm using excuses and then you went onto make a lot yourself?  you listened the exceptions rather then the rule.  look at hardware sales for consoles and handhelds compared to last gen.  total yearly software sales don't lie either.  

2016 Playstation consoles are dominating total software sales but overall they're way down on the halcyon days. and after FF13 on top of more difficult market Japan was never going to warm much to its sequel by the series standards.  

So they were dead right to go after the western market and grow it there.  BTW the above are called facts not excuses. 

Boutros said:
tbone you predicted 10m first week sell-through for Pokémon why are you dissing other people's predictions lol

Wtf did he actually?  this is pokemon not gta V lol 

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

You also have to note that the games hardly drop in price (other than deals) while your COD/BF/fifa/etv drop after 2-3 months (msrp). So you should account that too if you want to be technical.

As for pokemon, its like people think that every1/majority buy both games. Yes you can say many people do it but its nowhere near as much as people make it out to be and only a few games can pull this off. Pokemon being one of them because of how the games are structured.

That said its funny people bring this up then ignore stuff like ps4 pro/n3ds/etc double dipping and the many ports/remasters of last gen to this gen (like gtav selling 60mil).

Lmao list all the people there who bring that up and ignore the fact that gta V or the Pro get double dipped.  I think 99% of posters on here understand that concept.