By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

ARamdomGamer said:
I know is just shipped, but couldn't pass the chance of sharing this

He have done it again, kkkkk

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:
Yeah outside of japan the series has definitely grown a lot in popularity. Great decision to go after that market as Japan has stagnated.

I agree with your West statement. FFXV has been a very eagered title which many have been waiting for. That said the excuses in japan are baffling.

Which excuses

SegataSanshiro said:
Shipped not sold so doesn't mean much.

I guess you already said that... but unless there are piles over all over the place then we can only infer that sellthrough have been quite good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

I agree with your West statement. FFXV has been a very eagered title which many have been waiting for. That said the excuses in japan are baffling.

Baffling?  I thought you followed the japanese sales.  Obviously not.  here I'll let you know. so the market is in decline and games don't tend to sell as much as they used to.  

Yeap good examples. *Cough Persona cough Fire Emblem Cough Animal Crossing Cough Minecraft *Cough Metal Gear Solid... Let me clear my throat *Pokemon cough cough cough Monster Hunter cough smt cough musuo (i dunno how to spell this) genre spin offs such as DQ warriors (and LoZ to an extent).

No new ips either like splatoon that just sold over 1.6mil on a horribly embarrassing userbase.

Again FFXV will do very well WW. Numbers will be no lower than 5mil so its doing good but making excuses for its sales in japan need to stop. Game can still get to 1mil there, but people need to stop acting like decline is ok over there because of "markeg changed". Many ips in the west have fallen too, much more than in japan i say and we dont use that for an excuse

think-man said:
tbone51 said:
Not 100% but we got this... http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-12-01-square-enix-reports-5m-final-fantasy-xv-sales-in-one-day

It shows that in the UK FFXV is about the same as Skyrim remaster sales.

How much did FFXIII and Skyrim R do FW in the UK?

Like 10k i think 

Like do we need an extra 0 to that? XD

5M shipped are still good numbers still has a good chance to hit the 10M mark

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

DonFerrari said:

ARamdomGamer said:
I know is just shipped, but couldn't pass the chance of sharing this

tbone51 said:

Which excuses d.

Just a select few who is saying ffxv decline is ok because either "market" isnt what its used to be or ffxv caters to the west and not japan (which the latter definetly has some truth to but to an extent)

The market is so bad in japan but persona 5 for example is up and will be only continuing to be up from p4 (despite that game being from ps2 and vita)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Baffling?  I thought you followed the japanese sales.  Obviously not.  here I'll let you know. so the market is in decline and games don't tend to sell as much as they used to.  

Yeap good examples. *Cough Persona cough Fire Emblem Cough Animal Crossing Cough Minecraft *Cough Metal Gear Solid... Let me clear my throat *Pokemon cough cough cough Monster Hunter cough smt cough musuo (i dunno how to spell this) genre spin offs such as DQ warriors (and LoZ to an extent).

No new ips either like splatoon that just sold over 1.6mil on a horribly embarrassing userbase.

Again FFXV will do very well WW. Numbers will be no lower than 5mil so its doing good but making excuses for its sales in japan need to stop. Game can still get to 1mil there, but people need to stop acting like decline is ok over there because of "markeg changed". Many ips in the west have fallen too, much more than in japan i say and we dont use that for an excuse

Sure, because a few games that do well speak to the entire market as a whole.

By that logic the US gaming market is declining faster than anything because a game like Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't sell well where that series traditionally does sell well.

Or, we could look at the market on a whole.  Here is an example from 2014 that took 12 seconds to find:

https://gamerant.com/japanese-video-game-market/

tbone51 said:
DonFerrari said:

Which excuses d.

Just a select few who is saying ffxv decline is ok because either "market" isnt what its used to be or ffxv caters to the west and not japan (which the latter definetly has some truth to but to an extent)

The market is so bad in japan but persona 5 for example is up and will be only continuing to be up from p4 (despite that game being from ps2 and vita)

Tha part of FF XV being less similar to other japanese derived games could very well be the reason and Square seeing the sales diminish decide to push even more away from japanesc on it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
tbone51 said:

Tha part of FF XV being less similar to other japanese derived games could very well be the reason and Square seeing the sales diminish decide to push even more away from japanesc on it.

Lets say that is the reason, people only started to state this more and more closer to ffxv release because we knew of a decline coming. A year ago or more we didnt expect it to drop this much (like when gaf and here on vgc people were comparing splatoon to ffxv in sales) despite us knowing what kind a game that ffxv would be.

Anyway like i said that could very well be the reason but thats still a huge hit. I can say that ffxiii did more damage as a whole that this but to each their own. Only thing i disagree with is the market changed. Just because many ips went downhill (in terms of sales) doesnt mean its ok to say thats reason enough.

Oh well my bad for bringing this up :/

tbone you predicted 10m first week sell-through for Pokémon why are you dissing other people's predictions lol

Boutros said:
tbone you predicted 10m first week sell-through for Pokémon why are you dissing other people's predictions lol

Im not dissing though! And i mispelled through with in :p

That said i was talking about 2 things mostly so it wont be confusion. First was 10mil being easily hit which we dont even kno the sell thru of 5mil figure.

Second being japans decline being ok because of A and B.

Again sometimes its hard for me to say what im trying to say :o