By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV ships 5 million worldwide

squibbfire said:
tbone51 said:

MK8 sold 8mil. Imagine if it were multiplat? Be well over 60mil! :p

pretty sure they bundled that out with some consoles there big guy....

The old "bundled" it! Lets be real you think even 1.5mil were bundled? I mean 8mil how much do you think of that was bundled

Around the Network

FF games have good legs if they are solid.

FFX kept selling throughout the PS2 life cycle.

BraLoD said:
squibbfire said:

actually I confused it with the PS2... which sold over 140+

Install base is key. btw...

You can only sell so many games on 13 million wii u's....ya know.

That is not an one side road, you know...
For example, as much as the install base start increasing, the attach ratio keeps decreasing to basically all franchises/genres.
When you have a concentrated install base for a certain kind of game/genre, attach ratio may look huge, but that's because that's almost all that is driving people to actually get said system, so lesser selling systems have higher attach rates.
You can also look at high profile games, as Halo on XBOX 360, has games selling more than they did on XBOX but getting lesser attach rate, because of the higher install base, now Halo 5 may look better than Halo 3 because the XBO sold so much less, which is pointless.
Systems that sell huge numbers receive more games and have more variety, thus sales spread and do not concentrate, also they gather more casuals, that buy less games, and make the actual install base, of active gamer, much lower than the total install base.

Install base is rarely a factor to be discussed to determine series sales differences, unless it does have a so capped install base that it becomes mathematically improssible or highly improbable that a game can keep selling what the series used to, I don't see much point, and the contrary is actually not true, as the install base increasing, even exponentially, does only mean more people are interested in said system, not said franchise, so it doesn't have to sell more now because there are more of those system out there.

That's how I see it.

Another point is that if the game is the defining game of the platform if the platform fails to sell great numbers it's already a show that the franchise lost it's power.

tbone51 said:
squibbfire said:

pretty sure they bundled that out with some consoles there big guy....

The old "bundled" it! Lets be real you think even 1.5mil were bundled? I mean 8mil how much do you think of that was bundled

Even if 8M was bundled. Considering how much WiiU have sold it would be more of the case that MK incentivized the sales of the bundles than the opposite. So any mention of MK being bundled justifying the high sales of MK it should be the opposite.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LadyJasmine said:

lol ffx, ffvIII and ffVII still keep selling today...

good games always sell i guess

Waiting for the split ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

So...5 million games in the market place.....Walmart, Gamestop near me is sold out of FFXV... and then there is this coming out ...

Guess FFXV is gonna get a boost from bundle sales too.

squibbfire said:
LadyJasmine said:

good games always sell i guess

I don't know how well FF7 remaster sold on the PS4, but it did more than 1 million on Steam, I think that it is the best selling Final Fantasy game of Steam.

squibbfire said:

So...5 million games in the market place.....Walmart, Gamestop near me is sold out of FFXV... and then there is this coming out ...

Those limited editions are usually very limited. I wouldnt expect boost like bundles/new skus tbh

squibbfire said:
LadyJasmine said:

some good games always sell i guess

Fixed that for ya. Quality helps, but not always.

tbone51 said:
squibbfire said:

Those limited editions are usually very limited. I wouldnt expect boost like bundles/new skus tbh

it depends on how many they make...If they make 300k im sure they are gonna sell 300K.