By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards: General Discussion & Predictions Thread - Overwatch Wins GOTY

Quite a bit of cringe sprinkled throughout the show, but it wasn't boring and had its moments. Death Stranding and Mass Effect were the highlights for me.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Death Stranding for game of the show!

Agreed. I watched that trailer 3x. I become more confused and intrigued everytime lol. 

Decent awards, but highly disagree with the GOTY Overwatch. I honestly didn't see the appeal of it. But if other people did, good for them. I just don't think it deserved being GOTY.

Inside looked more capable to win it, but nope...

Best TGA yet. So thats good cause it at least means they are improving.

Not surprised overwatch won GOTY, wouldn't have been my personal pick but hey.... it deserved it I guess. For a new shooter IP to do what it has done is remarkable.

ME:A looks crazy, next year's GOTY is gonna be a real tough one.

I was surprised we didn't get any massive secret reveal, but I guess that was Death Stranding, and in typical Kojima fashion; I still have no clue what the game is about.

On to PSX!!!

Ultrashroomz said:

HA YES

TO EVERYONE WHO SAID OVERWATCH HAS NO STORY, AND MICROTRANSACTIONS, AND THAT IT DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN CAUSE OF THOSE THINGS.

SUCK. IT.

Still hold true to that in my frank opinion.  There were other nominees I would have much more preferred.  But go ahead, gloat, if it makes you feel better.

Personally, I'm not that miffed over this.  It's not like a DLC won (and oh yes, I will be bitter over Blood and Wine for quite some time)

Around the Network

Am i the only one that thought Zelda looked technically poor? I'm sure gameplay wise it would be great, but the game looks really rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Who cares about that overhyped full of microtransations and 70 euros release price bare bones games that have no story that should have been a free to play game won GOTY...

We had MASS FUCKING EFFECT FUCKING 4 gameplay, who cares about anything after that marvel we just watched?

And we had Guillermo del Toro trying to fucking save a ciborg BABY FROM Mads FUCKING Mikkelsen.

It deserved it for what it delievred to it's ongoing fanbase. The cheers in the crowd, the fandom in general thought it deserved to win and as a result it did.

It has loot crates for cosmetics only, cosmetics which give you no edge and it's your choice whether or not you want to save points to grab whatever cosmetics you want or buying a crate with real money.

The game does have story though, told via cutscenes like other games out there have done for years, as well as character stories and lore, it's own comics, that other games like L4D and Team Frotress have done before. Also their content will be free. I cannot see ME4 giving away all it's DLC for free, under EA none of their DLC's have really gone for free until years later.

Also I'm not hugely into the ME franchise, so I thought the trailer was decent at best. We all have our different opinions.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That Mass Effect reveal was excellent.

Good to see it getting such a positive response across the internet!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Intrinsic said:
Am i the only one that thought Zelda looked technically poor? I'm sure gameplay wise it would be great, but the game looks really rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively)

Not the only one, I was surprised to see such a rough framerate. Guessing because of the Wii U's limitations but still.. even though I plan on getting the Switch version I don't think Nintendo should settle for the Wii U version performing so poorly. If the June release date rumor is true then they still have a few months to tweak things, so hopefully its all fixed before launch.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I can say the same about what you just wrote " that is just like your opinion bro "

Its a 70 euros game with microtransations, and if you pay for them you get the lamest things i ever saw droping in loot boxes in any game. Its like stealing, but if you like to pay and get a lame voice line that no one will ever listen to ingame besides you or a lame trashy drawing you can spray in the biginning of the matches good for them. People loved to fucking trash halo 5 , gta 6 and other games for it but this is blizzard, blizzard is god, they gave us waifus we love blizzard.

I knew they would win this, it was no surprise.

End of the day it still doesn't matter. The voting is in, fans voted and the game won.

You keep going on about Micro trans and I told you what they were for and what they entailed. It's not Stealing because you aren't owed anything. You play the game, you level up and earn points that go towards getting a new loot crate and points to buy cosmetics with. I've played games for a few years now that have a system where you buy cosmetics, I choose at times to buy them with points or buy them with cash, but I never feel like they "owe" me all of them.

Lame voice line?, so what, the VA's are lame now too?, is all their work crap and not worth it?.

GTA 6 isn't a masterpiece though, it's Grand Theft Auto, there isn't much you can do with 3 guys that do what we've spent years doing. Halo 5 got trashed for it's writing and we all know that they aren't the same staff that were there since Halo 1. There have been fans of the series that have come and gone due to the shift in writing let alone gameplay, but that happens with plenty of other games that change how they look or what stories they tell. Despite Halo 4's story being predictable  and safe, I found it to be an alright game.

If some other game, a fave of yours won, you'd be arguing against everyone else who says otherwise, we've all gone down that road so many times before. What game you thought deserved to win, others would have gone against it, you would argue against them and the cycle would keep going on and on without end.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"